Most complete texture packs?

Peril

Most complete texture packs?

by Peril » Post

Hi all,

At the moment, (and has always been historically) I think that VanessaE's HDX pack is the most comprehensive. The texture pack I want to use, is pretty much restricted to default (and default is boring in Minetest's case) so I want to see what my options are.

Thus far, it's hard to tell (aside from HDX) whether additional mods are catered for and or difficult to see how complete the other textures are in relation to either the default or other mods.

Has someone already swept round and got a few stats together or is there a relatively easy method to find out rather than downloading and testing each one?
Forgot my old username/email, it's been a number of years please bear with.
Stats: OS: Manjaro Linux; Using minetest-git via AUR

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: Most complete texture packs?

by TumeniNodes » Post

The texture packs section needs serious cleaning and organizing work.
I have offered to assist if wanted.
I am sure eventually this will be tended too, one way or another. It would definitely help on the CDB end for sorting.
But as of now, you're stuck with taking the time to rummage through the clutter, as others have done in the past.
Good luck

I have also suggested setting it up to resemble the mods section with WIP, Releases (meaning default is at least complete), then possibly just archiving really old and unfinished packs, as well as the threads with dead links etc.

If I had more time, I would be able to start finishing the TPs I have done and adding mod supports but... "time" + "real life" to deal with lately.
A Wonderful World