[modpack] Smart sfinv enhancements [smart_sfinv]

bell07
GitHub: bell07

[modpack] Smart sfinv enhancements [smart_sfinv]

by bell07 » Post

This modpack contains different experimental enhancements for the sfinv Inventory inspired by my smart_inventory mod. My goal is to use my experience in inventory development to port the best features to the "Default" Inventory sfinv. In long term this modpack should replace the smart_inventory. I decided to split the features in modpack, so the server owner / (sub)game developer can decide which of them should be used.

License: MIT
Source/Download: https://github.com/bell07/minetest-smart_sfinv/

Mods:

smart_sfinv_creative_api
Enhancements API. Needed for most of the mods

smart_sfinv_creative_bymod
Replace the creative items grouping (Nodes, Tools, Items) by more meaningfull groups per installed mod.

smart_sfinv_creative_sitebar
Move the creative items grouping to the left site in a table. Get the tabheader clearer again.

smart_sfinv_tweaks
Adds additional tweak buttons to the crafting inventory.
New buttons are:
- Sweep crafting area: Move Items from crafting area back to player inventory
- Compress: Merge stacks in player inventory to get free place.
- Rotate rows: Rotate the 4 rows in inventory to get next line in top line

sfinv_buttons
Adds a right-site bar with buttons, registered from other mods.
Compatible to Wuzzy'S sfinv_buttons
Based on Rubenwardy's Version for Sfinv Unified Inventory

creative_maxstack
Get always full stacks from creative!
The mod does not depend on any mods in this modpack and can be used standalone.

More mods comming soon!
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2018-09-12_19-58-45.png
Bildschirmfoto_2018-09-12_19-58-45.png (59.24 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Last edited by bell07 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10, edited 7 times in total.

bell07

Re: [modpack] Smart sfinv enhancements [smart_sfinv]

by bell07 » Post

Added second mod: smart_sfinv_navfs. Move all creative categories to the left site. The tabheader[] is not really able to handle many tabs.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2018-09-12_23-59-58.png
Bildschirmfoto_2018-09-12_23-59-58.png (100.3 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

bell07,

I was impressed with smart_inventory, but chose sfinv due to its simplicity and speed. I am glad to see you bring your skills to sfinv, and this modpack is a welcome addition to sfinvs limited interface. So, THANKS!!!

I noticed that the removal of the Tools tab, now makes searching for, and getting, all tools more complicated, as, now, I have to know which mod to seach within. Can you please put the Tools tab back in, or a specific group in the list for all tools? Actually, groups for woods, stones, and the like, all listed together, regardless of mod, would me a nice addition to the list.

Otherwise, this rocks!

Shad MOrdre

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I removed the "Tools" because the group is useless for me. The group contain by default a lot of non-tools like all Armor, all Spawn Eggs and some other Items like Maiddroid Core's.

Usually you know the mod that did registered a specific tool.

Of course I can hard-code some exceptions. All "Stairs" are assigned to the "Stairs" group/mod even registered by other mod. This hard-coded reassignment does sense for me.

So please let me know your use-case. Which tools should be in a group?

Alternativelly you can just modify your copy and comment out the line 43 using '--'.

Code: Select all

local unregister = {
			["creative:nodes"] = true,
--			["creative:tools"] = true,
			["creative:craftitems"] = true,
	}

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

bell07,

So yes, I see why you removed the tools tab. It doesn't make sense anymore.

Now that I have some time with this mod, I do have a simple suggestion. You remove the All/Nodes/Items/Tools tabs, and place a list on all tabs. Herein is the issue. On the Craft Grid tab, there is a WorldEdit GUI button, which I haven't yet moved to sfinv_buttons tab.

It would make sense to only have the list display on a single tab, a "Creative" tab. The list doesn't make sense on the other tabs, (except as a quick click to the creative tab), because it serves no function in those contexts.

Would it be possible to make this change? I do think it would fit better in the overall picture, and could then easily become part of sfinv, as your mod with this proposed layout change is what sfinv has really been lacking all this time, to make it a full featured replacement for inv_plus or unified_inv.

Thanks again for such a great mod. It's been WAY too useful!!!

Shad

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you for suggestion!

Now an "Creative" tab appears that manages all the creative pages, the site bar appears only if the "Creative" tab is selected

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

bell07,

Thanks for the quick update! A couple of bugs to report with this release though.

When selecting the "creative" tab, it jumps around within the tab bar, not staying in the same location within the lineup. Also, it does not stay as the selected tab, instead randomly choosing a tab that is highlighted, when the creative inventory is still clearly the available tab.

And one more suggestion, that may or may not be possible. In sfinv, it seems that most formspecs are of the same size, and so the window doesn't jump around, ie, isn't resized. However, the new creative tab formspec is larger, to accommodate the list on the left, and the resize of the formspec window is a little unsettling. The Awards mod also suffers from this. How possible is it to redefine the layout so that it still fits, or, as an alternate, to resize all sfinv tabs to be the same size, with smaller formspec layouts being centered within the larger formspec window?

Sorry if I seem to be picky. I've drifted towards your inventory mods, as they help me to find that one node in a 300 page inventory. I'm glad to see you making inroads to sfinv. It is simple, lightweight and fast, and could use more support from the mod community here. It seems that Unified_Inv and Inv_Plus are still the preferred mods, but are so heavy, and even out of date.

Thanks again
Shad

bell07

by bell07 » Post

The tab highlighting should be fixed now.

"The window jump around": The idea was the list is a panel that extend the inventory at the left site. But I did not found any way to manage the rest of inventory is placed to the same position on screen :-(

Resizing is not an option because no zoom possible. The Idea only I have is to add second bar at the right site with the same size. But what should be on this extend in creative?

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Next development iteration is done.

- Cleaned up code
- created an Enhancement-API mod for better geting mods working together.
- New mod: smart_sfinv_tweaks, adds new additional tweak buttons to the inventory

New buttons are:
- Sweep crafting area: Move Items from crafting area back to player inventory
- Compress: Merge stacks in player inventory to get free place.
- Rotate rows: Rotate the 4 rows in inventory to get next line in top line
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2018-12-19_14-59-51.png
Bildschirmfoto_2018-12-19_14-59-51.png (23.61 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Code: Select all

2018-12-19 17:07:11: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from …/minetest/mods/smart_sfinv/smart_sfinv_tweaks/init.lua:
2018-12-19 17:07:11: ERROR[Main]: .../minetest/mods/smart_sfinv/smart_sfinv_tweaks/init.lua:7: attempt to concatenate field 'theme_inv' (a nil value)
2018-12-19 17:07:11: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-12-19 17:07:11: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest/mods/smart_sfinv/smart_sfinv_tweaks/init.lua:7: in main chunk
2018-12-19 17:07:11: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
Oops! MT 5.0.0-dev.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I develop usually for stable. But now got the modpack MT-5 ready, including compatibility fix for https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/2275 by the way.

With this pull the "sweep" and "rotate" buttons are available on creative page(s) too.

Pls. test again

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Next mod: sfinv_buttons
The mod name not "smart" to be compatible to the Simple Fast Inventory
Based on Rubenwardy's Enhancement

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto_2019-01-15_12-19-39.png
Bildschirmfoto_2019-01-15_12-19-39.png (27.9 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

bell07,

I've been using this for a bit now. I like these enhancements to sfinv very much. With some of my own enhancements using sfinv_buttons, I have an "inv" that is, IMHO, better than unified or inv_plus.

I recently started using rubenwardy's crafting mod, for unlockable crafts. This mod changes the crafting screen significantly, and thus, your inventory shifting buttons are now hidden, or well.....

I was wondering if the position of those three buttons on the standard crafting page could be lined up in the space just above the players inventory slots, below the crafting grid. That should make the buttons still accessible and aesthetically pleasing.

Shad

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I tried your described setting and see the issue with the buttons. Pls. disable / delete the "smart_sfinv_tweaks" mod from your copy, that contains the 3x buttons. The tweaks are optimized for "default" crafting system and sfinv-builtin crafting page. Unsure if the "Sweep crafting area" does sense with rubenwardy's crafting system.

The "Unlokable Crafting" is not compatible to the "smart_sfinv_tweaks" mod.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

I really miss the "All" button from your smart inventory mod. Or at least a way to make 10 at a time rather than just 1.

And the buttons for the various shapes in the crafting menu was also great. There's no good way to split a stack into thirds, but one click and Bob''s your uncle. Or take the recipe for ladders. One click on the shape that does a chest, then move two stacks. Easy peasy.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I added both feature requests to github, will take a deeper look if I find time.

For multi-selection there is a way to hold shift and use mouse wheel for faster items selection but I agree it is not the best way. Which use-case do you have for this requirement? Because in Minetest game in creative the items does not disapear on usage so you can build a castle using 1 cobble stone.

The second requiremend: shapes: I like more generic ways, so I'll check if I get same logic like the smart_inventory does: Auto-place items using selected recipe from crafting guide. The only usefull way I see currently is to display crafing guide page right of the crafting page instead of own page ....

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Thanks.

Re: splitting stacks, there's probably a better way to do it than the way I've been doing it. For example, when making ladders, I'll want to reserve some sticks for pick handles. I either split 8 ways and drag the extra one back into inventory, or just grab as many as I want to use and put them into the grid and split into 7. I don't really want to use up everything in stock, so ALL isn't quite right, but neither is 10. I suppose I could do ALL, then put a log or two into the grid and convert them to sticks. That's probably easier than what I've been doing...

Alternatively, maybe if LMB did 1 and RMB did 10, that would also make my mouse last longer.

[EDIT]
While I'm thinking of it, it would be nice if I could drag my pickaxe onto the output (or some other similar box) and it would fill in the grid with the recipe. I've been playing around with the Tool Ranks mod, and the hassle of dragging sticks and stones (or iron) around, then clearing the grid, putting the new and old pick into the grid, then all too soon, repeating the process makes me doubt it's worth it. At least until diamond.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
I did not know about the shift-mouse wheel. I'll check it out.
[/EDIT2]
Last edited by ThorfinnS on Tue Feb 26, 2019 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I either split 8 ways and drag the extra one back into inventory, or just grab as many as I want to use and put them into the grid and split into 7. I don't really want to use up everything in stock, so ALL isn't quite right, but neither is 10.
You can place more-then-needed/all sticks to the crafting grid, craft ladders as you need, then use the "Sweep crafting area" button to get not used sticks back to inventory for pickes reserve ;-)

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Truth. It's just a lot more mouse clicks. Something like the trellis, who cares? You only ever need about a half dozen. But something I do a lot of, fairly often, saving a couple dozen clicks per operation adds up.

I was trying out a mod that gave me the option of turning leaves into twigs, then twigs into sticks, and with all that clicking, I'd just rather toss the leaves into a deep hole and chop another tree or two. But with All, that was slick.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

While I'm thinking of it, it would be nice if I could drag my pickaxe onto the output (or some other similar box) and it would fill in the grid with the recipe. I've been playing around with the Tool Ranks mod, and the hassle of dragging sticks and stones (or iron) around, then clearing the grid, putting the new and old pick into the grid, then all too soon, repeating the process makes me doubt it's worth it. At least until diamond.
Pls try out the smart_inventory mod. The logic is look to item recipes and apply the recipe to the crafting grid with 1x button click. I look for ways to do the same with smart_sfinv now

bell07

by bell07 » Post

No stinginess in creative, just get always the full stacks;-)

Next mod appears: creative_maxstack

Attachments
Screenshot-creative_maxstack.png
Screenshot-creative_maxstack.png (141.8 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

bell07 wrote:No stinginess in creative, just get always the full stacks;-)

Next mod appears: creative_maxstack

:thumbsup:
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Small update: The tweaks contain "Trash all" Button for creative page now