by redblade7 » Post

Two weeks ago I created a new, third server, "THE DIGITAL FARMS"

Name: THE DIGITAL FARMS
IP: animine.org
Port: 52000

Namecoin: digitalfarms.bit, port 52000

Official Web site: https://animine.org/
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/hcNfrHq

The Digital Farms is very similar to Free Pizza Server, but is intended to have a focus on farming. The hunger bar depletes quickly (1 loaf per minute), and Farming Redo and Mobs Redo's mobs_animal mod are used.

The mods included are basically the same as my Creative Mode server, The Creative Gardens, though it does not include the heavy-duty plant and tree mods (plantlife_modpack, tiny trees, moretrees), nor does it include mesecons which wouldn't go well on a non-creative server (though boost_cart and travelnet are present).

Protection is provided through the Protector Redo mod. There is damage on the server, but no PvP.

The Digital Farms uses the new Mapgen v7.

Commands are: /spawn (to Spawn Town), /sethome and /home, /teleport playername or x,y,z

Screenshots to come as more people build on the server.

RULES:

Rule #1: Be nice
Rule #2: No hacking
Rule #3: No griefing
Rule #4: No impersonation
Rule #5: No bugging
Rule #6: All language, content, activity, and creations must be politically correct and family friendly.
Rule #7: No recruiting for discussions outside of Minetest (IM, Skype, etc). Public IRC channels and public Discord servers are OK.
Rule #8: No sharing of passwords

Have fun and let me know what you think!
Last edited by redblade7 on Thu May 14, 2020 19:16, edited 14 times in total.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE DIGITAL FARMS" Server

by redblade7 » Post

Here's some screenshots, mostly from the "View From Above" sky island:

-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

More information on removal and phasing out of Nyancats on my servers: viewtopic.php?p=284092#p284092

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Letting everyone know that I am aware of the problem where everyone keeps getting booted and unable to connect for a minute or two, it's happening to me too and I'm taking a look.

EDIT 7/22/17: Problems should be fixed now. Thank you!

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Shops have now been added to the server. You can make your own shops where players can trade items for yours. A fork of simpleshops is used, it is based on trading, not currency (if you want "currency" you can trade for/between paper, bars, and gold coins)

Ask me and I can add your shops to the Shops travelnet (accessible at the spawn area)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Never thought I'd have to add this but...

Rule #9: No sharing of passwords

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Just a note that a lot of new stuff was added between December 2017 and January 2018, including full-size unified_inventory, waypoints, armor (no pvp), horses and more.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

By request of "Miner123", here is a 4K-resolution map of The Digital Farms, made with minetestmapper (the C++ version which supports postgresql)

The Digital Farms has become very popular since I added shops some time ago, but is still less than a year old. The spawn area is very distinguishable, as well as Tomoko's Bridge, which is plus-shaped and goes between a small farm outside of spawn, a large farm by (I think) Pik, redblade7's farm, and the Island Marketplace. Griefer's Prison is also visible. Can you find anything I missed?

EDIT: Apparently 4K is too big for imgur, so the full resolution is scaled down (it's still a lot more than 1080 so it doesn't really matter that much :). Anyone know of other image hosting that will cover 3840x2160 and will give me thumbnails?

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

By request I've uploaded more recent ones. This is one dated 4/4/2018

Hosting is via my Discord server (too NSFW to discuss or link to here, but it's on my Twitter page), which keeps the full 4K resolution (unlike imgur which scales it down a bit)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

I am aware of the daily crashes going on. It stems from the unmaintained bees mod. I am looking for a solution.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

redblade7 wrote:I am aware of the daily crashes going on. It stems from the unmaintained bees mod. I am looking for a solution.
I found a bunch of problems with the bees mod, and have tested out solutions and it seems to work. Thank you for your patience.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Yesterday I discovered a typo introduced late February 2018 which had caused additional slowness. This has been fixed as of May 9, 2018.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

This is dated 5/19/2018

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

This is dated 6/27/2018

Some time ago, I removed fish from my servers because they were causing lag. This left the penguins untameable. By popular demand, now you can once again tame the penguins - with desktops, laptops, and servers! :D

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

The bees mod previously mentioned, which for a while I was able to stop crashing at the expense of the beehives being broken, has now been replaced with the nobees mod, which replaces beehives with tree stumps, and other bees mod items with stumps, wood, and honey blocks.

Note that this does not affect the bees that go hopping around, which you can craft into the more realistic looking hives that produce honey drops, which may be eaten or crafted into honey blocks. This is from the well-maintained mobs_redo animal mod.

This will make both Gardens and Farms overall faster and more stable. Thanks to LDH for putting the nobees mod together (I contributed to the code as well).

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Does dkdemon come here? I'd like to talk, either by email or Discord @redneonglow#7777

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Digital Farms will be migrated to Minetest v5 on Tuesday, March 12.

After this date you will need to upgrade to Minetest v5 to connect to the server.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

I recently came to the realization that I have been overly strict with griefers. For this reason I have removed most bans from The Digital Farms.

From now on the majority of bans will be temporary, either 3 months or 6 months.

Note that work of griefers is often rolled back and/or protection blocks are removed, so most of these formerly banned users will be starting fresh.

Lupercus
GitHub: lupercus13
IRC: Lupercus-Server
In-game: Lupercus

by Lupercus » Post

nice server, if i could build in peace

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Lupercus wrote:nice server, if i could build in peace
What happened? Are there griefers giving you hassle?

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

As Discord has become the main public place for many Minetest players, I have updated Rule #8 to include public Discord servers along with public IRC servers.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

redblade7 wrote:As Discord has become the main public place for many Minetest players, I have updated Rule #8 to include public Discord servers along with public IRC servers.
There is now an official Discord for The Creative Gardens, The Digital Farms, and The Valleys.

Current 50-use invite link (see the first post on this thread for the latest): https://discord.gg/25rzDUJ

It uses the discordmt mod by archfan7411 to allow chat between Minetest and Discord.

There's also voice chat and online radio stations.

Note that Discord has a minimum age requirement of 13.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

NEW "TURNPIKE" TRAVELNET!

Users often have trouble finding a free spot on Digital Farms. While Creative Gardens has three "Turnpike" travelnets to help you explore and find a place, Digital Farms only has one "Shops" travelnet which is mostly focused on the shops.

So I created a second "Turnpike" travelnet yesterday, with spots in several existing towns and open areas. If you find an open unprotected area and want to turn it into a town, send me a message and I'll add it to the Turnpike.

You can access the Turnpike from Spawn Town, right next to the Shops travelnet. The "take a penny box" was moved over a bit.

Also, of the user-made travelnets and elevators in Spawn Town, I removed those which had only one station/floor or were never set up at all.

ALSO...

A common complaint is that I have the idle kick timer on my servers too low.

I've increased it to 20 minutes.

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Digital Farms on 10/18, prior to updating to v5.1.0

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE

When I started The Creative Gardens in 2016 and Digital Farms and Valleys in 2017, I didn't realize that very young kids played this game. I had rules against sexual language, but otherwise didn't care about NSFW language or creations, with the exception of a swastika made at the spawn area when Digital Farms started. This laid-back attitude will change now with the existing rules #6 and #7 being condensed into the following:
Rule #6: All language, content, activity, and creations must be politically correct and family friendly.
Old use of bad language and creations will be changed or removed when seen, and existing users will not be banned for violation of this rule before this date (February 9, 2020). I will put in a language filter mod sometime this week as well.

I'm not normally a strict person, but until a year or so ago I didn't realize that kids as young as 5-6 play this game. I could never imagine kids that young using connected digital devices, but my nieces age 4 and 2 have tablets and play games on them all the time. The world has changed.

BTW, soon my servers will be united under a domain name, and online map browsers will be introduced as well.