[Server] Alone in the Wild Land (SE Asia server)

bhree
GitHub: bhree
IRC: bhree
In-game: bhree

Re: [Server] Alone in the Wild Land

by bhree » Post

I found screenshot from my very first map of my first time playing Minetest. May be i was using 4.13. I was using map with the same seed with this server and spawn area were current gather. They show the same coastline that I can recognize.
Last edited by bhree on Tue Feb 05, 2019 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

catwhisperer77
IRC: catwhisperer777
In-game: catwhisperer77

by catwhisperer77 » Post

Lunar New Year decorations are up!

There are chests about with plenty of gold for prosperous players :D

bhree

by bhree » Post

Red and Gold, money, how could I forget? Happy Chinese New Year. What are we waiting for? get the golds.

bhree

by bhree » Post

To avoid confusion when see some player can teleport or even fly then I'm experimenting with ranks. Ranks doesn't come automatically since there are parameters which are difficult to measure programmatically. I hope ranks will make easier for managing privileges.

1. No rank: new players, guest which I'm really sorry I can't give more attention. Player can mine, build and chat. They can come and leave as they wish, no account deletion.
2. Private, frequently visiting players will be promoted and may recieve more attention because of their persistence. Basicaly the same with no rank, only stand a bit higher. As a private, player will play independently without assitance.
3. Corporal, when a player requires to consult about something technical or something they dont understand. When a player need to show something to moderators to make moderators easier to reach him/her then Corporal may suit the player. Player begins to contribute at certain level we really appreciate that.
4. Sergeant, Corporal with friends. Corporal is roughly trusted player when a corporal has friends and they start to organize party then each member must have Sergeant rank. It is possible by recommendation a new player can directly reach Sergeant rank. Sergeant is still under moderators radar.
5. Captain, is an independent Sergeant. They are trusted and give more contribution like helping new players but prefer to work alone. A Captain is out of moderators radar unless emergency situation occur.
6. Colonel, where aerial force is needed. One of ranks who can fly without vehicles or tools. Even moderators can't fly like a Colonel. When we have vertical issue we surely need a Colonel.
7. Brigadier General, the server builder. Bgd. gen. can fly and creative which suits an instant need of a structure. This rank may be assigned temporarily when needed and returned to original rank.
8. Major General, the moderator. Player with this rank really helps the game a lot. Player may prefer stay with their work but player with this rank usually allocate time to see other players' problem. This rank can ban players for preliminary problem resolution. A Maj. gen can teleport to witness problems on site. Not all problems can be solved by a moderator since they are limited not to have fly privs.
9. Leutenant General, moderator and DJ. Same with Maj. Gen with responsibility to control in-game music. Currently I participate with this rank thogh I don't like rank this high but someone must take care the situation.
10. General, the admin. Maybe nobody will use this rank. A general usually stays behind curtain managing everything and dont play often. Managing as admin makes me nervous, a superuser keeping the game world ticking.

Player with higher rank can kick player with lower rank except Private who can't kick no rank player, that is why rank is not something to play. Each player has own responsibility to other players especially with lower rank. Every player can check whether a player shows rightful rank. Like if you see a player with Lt.Gen. rank and it doesnt exist when you use /getrank player then the player must be an impersonator.

bhree

by bhree » Post

I can only post GATHER area as I keep players base as secret. Now this gives a little idea about GATHER is isolated from surrounding map.

bhree

by bhree » Post

Relaxing in a quiet day on a dragon pad, with my favorite meal.... the roasted duck leg.

edit: just realized the letters at background GA-ST is an obsolete word for to frighten, lol.

bhree

by bhree » Post

In the following 16 hrs from this was written, situation inside the game may be a little crazy as monsters are made to spawn more frequently. This may result new players will find very difficult to defend themselves. After that it is supposed to settle a little with fewer monsters until day 30 where monsters are at their lowest number. That will be approximately another 16 hrs.

bhree

by bhree » Post

Now we have webmail from this mod viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21567 that we can access via browser on http://krambtest.ddns.net:8080. Since it is not through secure connection don't use the mail for sensitive content. Use your username and password like you are using in-game. With this feature we now have two out-of-game way of communication, using IRC and webmail.

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

bhree wrote:Now we have webmail from this mod viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21567 that we can access via browser on http://krambtest.ddns.net:8080. Since it is not through secure connection don't use the mail for sensitive content. Use your username and password like you are using in-game. With this feature we now have two out-of-game way of communication, using IRC and webmail.
Nice, cool to see someone else besides me using it :)
Tell me if you have issues/ideas with it :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

bhree

by bhree » Post

hi BuckarooBanzay, i think it is a realy cool addition to the game system, i hope i can find the way to use it extensively. If i find issue I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing it for us.

bhree

by bhree » Post

A relay to connect game IRC #krambtest and Discord has been installed and now players can communicate using both applications.

bhree

Exchange machine tutorial

by bhree » Post

Some new players find it is more confusing than more visual other shops, but I found it solves problems with empty stock and bridge far distance locations. Original mod can be found here viewtopic.php?t=14110 it offers alternative system in commodity trading.
Here is the exchange machine :
Once you can afford materials you can craft it and have your own market right on your base. No more centralized shop, you can browse hundreds of items without physical market.

Here is the catalog of available items:
It is still in unorganized fashion but I think its function as solution to traditional market surpass the weakness. You can see the name of item, its code, supply and demand and of course the price per unit. If there are more than one price then the cheapest is shown. Nobody wants to buy more expensive things if they can buy cheaper. Like we want to buy bones. Why bones? it is good to prank your neighbors by inviting banshee. It is cheap and effective than more mainstream lava.

The next is all thing you can think inside the game :
Not everything you can buy, there are things that money can't buy. You can't buy slave or pet of roaming NPC for example, we are trying to teach about human rights. Find bones from many icons, click and decide the price per unit don't bother totting your calculator. Usually the same as buyer want. Seller doesn't have to be online and when items have been sold out it will be deleted from Market list to avoid buyers disappointment.

Tadaaa, got bones and don't care whose it was.

I decided to resell the bones so I use sell tab now:
Get the bones ready. You can make money from your own bones by killme but it is stupid because you must sell every 3x diying. System allows maximum 3 bones left when player dies to avoid litter.

Put your bones to sold item at top right and name the price. Since nobody won't buy expensive bones, I can only sell at price 1 and wait until somone buy it. Competition is a little tight here so better sell something different.

Verify your order by looking at Order tab:
At the bottom i was registered as one of bones seller. Sorry i keep the other secret, you can't know who sells what until you buy the item. Want to be a gun dealer? It is your own choice.

Q: I want to build a gun shop but this system makes it unnecessary to build a shop.
A: We live far from each other so nobody come to the shop unless you provide travelnet from gather to your shop. Or, you can build your shop near gather and in the end you still sell your guns online.

Q: I thought you are rich being an admin and login regularly but it is shown only 3k something.
A: I give my salary back to the system to be distributed back for players.

bhree

Re: [Server] Alone in the Wild Land (SE Asia server)

by bhree » Post

This is what you'll get after logging in: https://youtu.be/O4faCQyJA44. I was a little unfamiliar with my new keyboard binding so my reaction was slower. Many mobs will greet you from the start other than client side hacking you can use any method to survive, name it hide, jump, swim, climb, fight back, log out and wait until your guardian spirit says the good time to log back in or seek refuge to our GATHER point. Thanks to FrostRanger to say hi but I'm sorry I didn't respond.

catwhisperer77
IRC: catwhisperer777
In-game: catwhisperer77

by catwhisperer77 » Post

Sometimes you get a water dragon with strong attacks but great loot

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Hi there to Singapore,
we had short conversation - and sure will be back there soon - so near, so fast ping 39
Greets from Thailand
Explorer
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

bhree

by bhree » Post

Hi Festus1965,
Nice to meet you in our chat. I dont know if there are more servers in SE Asia. But I hope we can introduce MT to SE Asia audience. It is still a small WIP project that I'm planning some extensive use and long term maintenance. As you will see i have installed many mobs which maybe one heaviest aspect. I hope i can see you in the game and give some assistance. And not many but we have regular visiting players which are very nice though I guess they are also really busy IRL. Like catwhisperer who posted before you, she has been giving me some technical suggestion regarding the game. We have now frostranger from Blocky who gives some reference since I'm not playing much.

see you again.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Hi, to get it more used and famous there is the need of
* translate in more languages (I just started Thai 3 days ago, now 24%) see at hosted.weblate.org/projects/minetest/minetest/
as I think (or found no other way) to get this char into the game (no other answers in forum yet)
* guess need to have own translated starting pages like the minetest.net as I see at like minetest.cn I found last days with translated startpage.
I am going to prepare this for Thai, and maybe Laos, Vietnam (as I had 3 gamer from there) and Malaysian if possible on my own server.
* advertisement - still think about a poster on the back of my pickup.

If I go to the school of my daughter and tell them that with the game the kids can learn and fix even English language I directly get free a room 5 to 10 meter, with a lot of power plugs ... and would teach the game for free as for other reasons I just answered also. (learn using language writing, spelling, complex of a world industry to craft goods)

bhree

by bhree » Post

At the moment i'm still focusing on default english since english is one language taught from kindergarten. If I have more time maybe i'll translate to Indonesian for wider Indonesian recognition. My server is even not that powerful to accomodate more players, but I think it is enough for introductory project. I need to learn more about how to organize intlib for all of mods translation. Considering online activities I believe we concern more about our kids too. Thank you for your visit, we can discuss about this more.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

bhree wrote:... how to organize intlib for all of mods translation. Considering online activities I believe we concern more about our kids too. ...
mhh, before gamer get in and might not understand a mod, they had
* 1st to find the game itself, and
* 2nd be able to use the normal standard GUI,
so in my opinion there are 2 other steps first:
* adverb the game, via webpage in diff languages
* translate the basic game menus, etc. in local language ...
then the mods ... as this is happen later if/when they got in and are able to use the game itself ...

today off, will go movie and skating with my daughter ... I play it to long I guess, not see important changes needed. Soo too much power is used for mods, but the game itself ... mhhh, bye see you in game

bhree

by bhree » Post

I have made some post about the existence of Minetest as a free alternative to MC and tell possibility for dissemination at a lower cost like I always tell about other FOSS projects. I use my server as an example and still direct people to go see the original Minetest page. I see this server is still too complicated for minor as I'm designing using concept from higher education. Like monsters are fun but as you may have seen they are overwhelming for new players. This was adapted from body immunity concept for protection. New players especially minors will find it is very difficult to survive the same with phenomena when foreign life form entering our body. Such concept may still make some confuse and question why can't I have peaceful building time from the start.

Many concept like the one above were applied or at least I'm trying to apply and it will take time to explain but I believe today younger students are very smart. I teach about banking and ATM to kids using our exchange system and it is quickly understandable than by reading paragraph of banking history.

I'm not sure about totally translating to Indonesian because our early education system has adopted English as second language but I still see that we are toward the wrong direction. Working on such project encourage us to consider many things but I hope for community this will give some traction. While others are seeing this as voxel based sandbox game alternative to MC, I can see the possibility of becoming voxel/lattice based 3D modelling tool.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Languages in Singapor: haha quite difficult and much (out from wiki)
1 English as the main language of Singapore
2 Singlish
3 Chinese language

3.1 Standard Mandarin
3.2 Other Chinese varieties
3.3 Written Chinese

4 Malay language
5 Tamil language
6 Eurasian languages
7 Other Malayo-Polynesian languages
just check what is available and simple if possible: hosted.weblate.org/new-lang/minetest/minetest/ add languages

as I lost hole day yesterday with Shopping-center Skating and Movie, I stuck with 24% in Thai
but after ready now with new c/make server with also LuaJit activated, wanna do webpages copy translate (with link to original also) this week

edit: got 31% now ready and that also is not so difficult th.minetest.one

bhree

by bhree » Post

Migration trial to Minetest v5, I can't completely jugde any anomalies after migration ATM because of bad internet connection. I think I must make change at several points until it fully comply original state.
Currently it is using copy database per March 5th 2019 UTC 5 am and original one will be left untouched. If any unresolved incompatibility occur, rollback to 4.17.1 is hopefully still possible. If it works correctly like the original for several days or weeks then the old database will be discarded.

bhree

by bhree » Post

Issue:
- basic machine doesn't work right away - use latest basic_machine
- player partially hidden in floor - use 3d armor 5.0.0-dev
- player name restriction doesn't work. auth_table is no longer exist.
still hunting and if possible will resolve.
Last edited by bhree on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19, edited 3 times in total.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

bhree wrote:Issue:
- player partially hidden in floor
- player partially hidden in floor
update 3d-armor, there is 5.0.0 version ... I had same solved today

auth_table ? or auth.txt where this one I immigrated to sqlite (check world.mt)

bhree

by bhree » Post

Thanks festus, i'll try new 3d armor. About auth_table. previosly it was a table on builtin/game/auth.lua but now it is changed to use builtin.auth_handler which I don't know how it works. The mod may need some rework. I have migrated players data to postgresql.