Are you tired of ugly mobs? Do you like the kawaii world and taste?
The PetZ are here now for you!
- Available in 6 colors.
- Sometimes sleeps at day.
- Food: Raw Meat.
- 3 colors.
- Food: Bone and raw meat.
- Sometimes sleeps at night.
- It drops Raw Duck to cook it as food.
- 3 types: Yellow, Black and Mallard.
- Peaceful and dumb animal.
- They can put duck eggs from time to time.You can tame it but not give it any order.
- You can breed ducks creating a nest with an egg inside, optionally you can leave an empty nest near a ducky so it lay an egg.
- It drops feathers when killed.
- You can fry the eggs.
- Fried egg and bacon: A fried egg plus a porkchop.
In 3 colors: White (common), grey & dark gray (rare) and brown (very rare).
- It drops Mini Lamb Chop to cook it as food.
- Lambs eat grass.
- You can get Wool with the Shears (right click).
- To wool to regrow feed your lamb or let it eats grass.
- Lambs runaway from player, tame them with some wheat.
- Predators: Wolf & Lion.
- You can colorize its wool with dyes (right-click).
- You can create herds of lambs and become a shepherd.
- It lives in the Savanna. Wild animal. Dangerous.
- It likes raw meat.
- Can be tamed and give it orders with meat or a Whip (3 lashings to tame)
- In tamagochi mode:
- You have to lash your lion in 48h or it lost affinitty with you.
- Be careful, if you lost your lion as pet, it will attack you!
- Preys: Lambs, piggies and ponies.
- Available in five skins.
- It eats grass from time to time, like the lambs.
- It drops Beef & Leather when killed. With Leather you can make Parchments, and with Parchments, books.
- It can be milked with an empty bucket.
- In order the calf to have more milk, you have to feed it or let it to eat some grass.
- Milk is drinkable.
- Put a bucket of milk in the oven to get Cheese.
- Panda is tamable and loves papyrus.
- Pandas are normally balck and white. But can be rarely brown.
- Not a Teddy Bear, but a wild one. It lives in woods. It's tamable like the lion.
- Preys: Lamb.
- You can mount it with a Saddle and get a ride.
- You can give it orders.
- You can feed it with bales of hay.
- The Saddle can be cut with the Shears.
- To access to the data of a saddled pony: Sneak Key + Right-Click.
- Ponies are slow where you ride them. You can breeding them to get stronger and fastest ones.
- To drive the mounted pony: Use the 'Forward', 'Backward' and 'Jump' Keys.
- "Auto-drive": When mounting a pony/camel keep (long) "Forward" + "Special Key" to get a ride. To stop click on Special Key again.
- Gallop (sprint): Forward + Sneak Key. The gallop depends on the "accel" property of the pony. Gallop only for 20 seconds, recover time to the next gallop = 1 min.
- Predators: Lion.
- To increase the speed of your ponies put them horseshoes (til 4).
- To remove them, click on the horseshoe icon.
- Farm Animal.
- It can lay Chicken Eggs like the duckies.
- It drops Raw Chicken to cook it as food.
- Get Chicken Legs with Raw Chichen.
- Put a lot of Roasted Chicken Legs into a bucket, to get a super-delicious bucket of Chicken Legs.
- It's a source of meat.
- It drops Porkchop to being cooked.
- Predators: Lion.
- Wild animal.
- Food: Bone.
- Drops: Fur and Jaw.
- Run away from players til players attack them, then agressive.
- Preys: Lambs.
- Wolves can be turned into puppies: Tame the wolf with the whip, and then feed it with bones (until 5, configurable in petz.conf).
- You can breed tamed wolves.
- Mutation: Black wolf.
- Five species.
- Tamable and you can give it orders.
- It loves wheat seeds.
- It lives naturally in the jungle.
- You can order it to alight and to fly again.
- It can drop Raw Parrot meat which it can be cooked.
- You can put your parrot on your shoulder (2 minutes max.).
- You can put your parrot on a Bird Stand.
- They live in the Savannah.
- It drops 2 elephant tusks.
- Female Elephant: Smaller and brown.
- Elephants can be breeded.
- Mutation: White Elephant.
-Arboreal mob: It can climb trees, wood and leaves.
-It loves blueberries.
- It spawns only at night in the coniferous forest.
- It dies when daylight comes, unless it would be in a dark place for protection, i.e. a cave or a closed box. It needs some obscurity, not a totally dark place.
- A moth can be captured with an empty glass bottle. Deco item. If you break the bottle, the moth liberates.
- It put eggs on leaves.
- It spawn naturally on coniferous forests.
- It eats all kind of leaves.
- You can produce Silk (see below).
- Moth from time to time will descend to ground and if leaves then it lays 3 eggs. These will be the unique eggs this moth lay.
- After one day those eggs hatch, a silkworn will appear (all or 2 or 1).
- After one day the silkworm turn into a cocoon.
- After one day (only at night) a moth will birth.
- It lives in deserts.
- It eats dry shrub.
- Predator: Lion
- You can breed them. Baby camels. Genetics. Mutation: White Camel.
- Mountable with a saddle; Get a ride in the desert!
- You can put a Saddlebag on it (right click): You gain access to the Saddlebag Inventory (16 items máx.), in the form -> click on the icon of the Saddlebag.
- Each camel has its own separated saddlebag inventory.
- The inventory of the saddlebag is permanent. You got it even after server restarts.
- If the camel died, the inventory of the saddlebag will drop.
- If you captured a camel, the saddlebag with the inventory too.
- You can put together the saddle and the saddlebag. But on right click you will mount it. To access to the inventory of the saddlebag use the shears to quit both items. Then put a saddlebag only.
- Spawn in interiors (caves)
- If spawned outside, only at night, and when sunrise dies.
- It eats and follows fireflies.
- It lives in deserts.
- 6 colors.
- Breed them.
- Mutation: Pink Hamster.
- It lives in oceans.
Fishes: Clownfish & Tropical Fish
-It lives close to a coral reef.
-It loves orange coral (clownfish) or brown coral (tropical fish).
-It can be captured and put into a fish tank.
-It suffocates when outside water.
-In tamagochi mode you have only to feed it, but no if it is in a fish tank.
-Frog is a semiaquatic animal. It loves fireflies to eat'em. It drops a leg that you can cook in order to get a Roasted Frog Leg (food).
-It eats kelps.
-It has a chance of drop its shell.
-It lives near water (in rivers in the case of valleys mapgen).
-It can be tamed.
-It can walk, swim and dive underwater.
-It drops Beaver Fur to create Beaver Oil when killed.
-It got a chance of create an unique dam on the coast or river.
-You can spread beaver oil on your pet skin. In tamagochi mode your pet will be happy, but the fact of not do it it is not mandatory for it to be sad.
-It lives in the jungle.
-It eats apples.
-Tamable. You can put it in a bird stand.
- Flying insect.
- It lives in behives and stays close to them.
- It produces honey. It searches for flowers to get the pollen and then return to the behive.
- Two types: Queen and workers (normal).
- All the bees return to their behive at night and go out at the morning, except the Queen Bee that can fly 24 hours.
- All the bees need belong to a behive. If their behive is destroyed, all the bees will die. Only the Queen Bees do not need a behive to survive.
- Worker Bees do not spawn naturally.
- Queen Bees can spawn and create one colony (behive) in wood or leaves. If the beehive is destroyed the queen arises to create a new colony.
- Bees can drop pollen and/or a sting.
- Shy animal.
- Tamable with raw chicken.
- Ducky/Chicken/hamster hunter.
- It throws cobwebs when is attacked. These cobwebs decay after time to avoid a cobweb plague in the maps. But you can pick them, then they will be converted into permanent ones if you put them on the world.
- It drops strings and spider eyes.
- You can craft cobwebs with strings and put them in the world. Player cobwebs are permanent.
- In 6 colors. They spawn everywhere!
- Capture it with a bottle.
- Agressive mob.
- In 3 colors.
- You can create herds of goats.
- A forest animal.
- They love trees and search for them to climb up.
Leopard & Snow Leopard
- In the savanna or snowy mountains.
- Very agressive and fast.
Things you can with Petz
-Configure the models as "mesh" (by default) or "cubic" (nodebox, no animated, no too laggy) via the 'petz.conf'
-Configure the mob API: Only "mobs_redo" by now via 'petz.conf'.
-Configure the following food (aka food to health) it via 'petz.conf'. Use right click.
-Give it orders: follow you or stand: Right click if you are the owner.
-Configure if they spawn in the map via 'petz.conf'.
-Your pet can be tamed and captured.
NodeboxEditor (.nbe) and Blender (.blend) models included.
- Code: GPLv3.0
- Textures: CC BY-SA 4.0
- Sounds: They have different licenses, see the 'sounds/LICENSE.MD' file.
mobkit, default, mobs, stairs, dye, vessels, wool
Tamagochi Mode (only for kitties, puppies and lions)
If this mode is activated (true by default) you have to take care of your pet. The pet will have two stats: Love and Hunger. If those stats go down to 0, your pet abandon you or will starve.
In multiplayer games (servers) the Tamagochi Mode is paused if the pet owner is offline.
-You have to feed your pet once each 2 days at least (Minetest time) (right click wielding its food) (the food is configurable via petz.conf). Your pet then would be happy. Check your pet status (right click), if "Hungry" feed it, but if 'Saciated' then don't bother. If you do not feed your pet every 48 hours, its health would damaged and it would be sad.
This does not apply if your pet is inside its kennel.
-You have to brush your pet once each 2 days at least, or it will be sad. Firstly create a hairbrush with two wood sticks and one string.
This does not apply if your pet is inside its kennel.
In the case of a lion or grizzly, you have to lash it with a whip once each 2 days at least in order to control it.
Do not use the whip with another petz!
You can spread beaver oil on your pet skin. In tamagochi mode your pet will be happy, but the fact of not do it it is not mandatory for it to be sad.
Also keep in mind that:
-If you don't feed your pet in 8 days will die (configurable).
-If you punch your pet, it gets unhappy.
-If your pet is unhappy, it could abandon you.
-If your pet is inside its kennel, it'll be well cared for and happy and won't starve. But close the door!
-You can configure the time when your pet is checked in 'pet.conf'. 2400 by default (2 days).
-In a singleplayer game the pet stats remain intact between restarts.
-You can configure the node over where your pet is safe (no hunger) in 'pet.conf'. So you can do your our kennels.
-The Tamagochi Mode is paused for pet owners in multiplayer games (servers) when they are offline.
- Make a house to your pet and put a Pet Bowl. The pet will stand near it.
- Also in tamagochi mode, the pet will be fed.
- In the Petz form, if you click on the Pet Bowl icon, the info about what item is for tame/feed is shown.
- For ponies only: They stay close to bales. And eat them if hungry.
A schematic. Simply make a hole and punch inside it. You can put your pet inside after capture it. You can craft a kennel.
In there your dog will be well cared for and you won't have to worry about its health.
You can breed ducks or chickens via its eggs:
- Create a empty nest and put an egg inside (right click), optionally you can create a nest with an already egg inside. Await for the egg to hatch into a new ducky or chicken.
- Also if a ducky or chicken has an empty nest near, it can lay an egg on it.
- You can extract the egg from a nest (right-click on the nest).
Use the followig items to capture a petz:
-MobsRedo Net and Default Bug Net for Frog, Chicken, Kitty, Parrot, Pigeon, Ducky, Beaver, Clownfish, Monkey and Turtle.
-MobsRedo Lasso for Calf, Lion, Puppy, Piggy, Lamb, Panda, Grizzly and Pony.
-To capture a pet (i.e. kitty) you have to own it. But to to capture a no pet (i.e. frog) you can capture it directely.
-To own a pet you have to tame it.
-To tame a pet you have to feed it with its favourite food 5 times. Or lash it in the case of the lion and grizzly.
-You cannot capture the pets of other players by default. To allow to rob pets change the setting 'rob_mobs' in 'petz.conf" file.
The beaver's home
-Put your fish inside (right-click)
-Recover your fish with the Bug Net (right click) or breaking it.
-You can connect several fish tank nodes to build bigger tanks and add more fishes (one by node).
- Ponies/camels can be male or female. Check its gender right clicking on them.
- Each animal has its own velocity forward, velocity backward and acceleration. You can read its characteristics with the format "1/1/1" where the numbers represent these 3 characteristics.
- Create a Glass Syringe.
- Use (right-click) the syringe on a male animal to get its germ.
- Use (right-click) the syringe with germ on a female animal. The animal will be pregnant.
- Right click on a pregnant female animal to check its pregnancy status.
- After 2 days (configurable) a little baby will born with a mixture of gens, from its father and its mother.
- Baby ponies/camels cannot be ridered.
- After 2 days (configurable) the baby will get to adult.
- You should select the best parent ponies to get better descendency (fastest ponies/camels) when breeding.
- You can breed any animal even if you do not own it. But the owner of the babies will be the mother's owner.
- The male germ is unlimited but a female pony/camel only can give birth 5 babies máx. After those 5 babies, the mommy turn into infertile.
The method of breeding
- 1/2/3 means a velocity of 1 for forward, 2 for backward and 3 is the acceleration. So the first number of the triad is the most important.
- Naturally spawned ponies/camels have speed statistics from 1/1/1 to 4/4/4. This means that spawned ponies/camels are slow animals (40% of the speed limit in the best case).
- The hypothetical faster pony would be a 10/10/10. You have to breed the natural ponies/camels to achieve faster ones.
- Keep in mind that even fast parents can procreate a slow child. So you'll have to breed several times to get an optimal child.
- The method is to breed parents with high speed statistics to get the best descendants, then select the fastest descendants to continue breeding them. This is a very slow process. Be patient.
Only for mobkit version
-Make a Square Ball.
-Throw it to your puppy. You have to hit the target.
-Your puppy bring back the square ball to you.
--To get the ball, right click on it.
Put your kitty on it and it sleep all the time (day at night). Useful to travel and keep safe your petz. You can change the rotation of the kitty rightclicking on the basket.
- Blueberry Cheese Cake = Blueberries, wheat, cheese and egg.
- Blueberry Ice Cream: Blueberries, wheat, milk, 2 eggs and 2 snows = 3 ice creams.
- Blueberry Muffin: Blueberries, 2 wheat, milk, 2 eggs and paper = 8 muffins.
You can get baby lambs, calfs, wolves, pandas, hamsters and elephants. Mobkit version only.
1) Those petz could be male/female. Right-click on them to check its gender.
2) Get blueberries. (configurable in petz.conf)
3) Use (right-click) blueberries with the petz to heat them.
4) When a rut male petz found a oestrus female (close), she get pregnant.
5) Affer one day a baby will born.
6) Genetics: The baby will inherit the color from its parents. From dominant to recessive genes: white, gray, dark gray and brown in the case of lambs. This means: white color is the most common, parents both white could have a child of any color, if both brown all their descendants will be brown, etc.
6) The little petz will grown in one day.
Mutation! Vanilla lamb | White Elephant!
Also petz can suffer from a very rare mutation in its genes when spawn or breed, in a 1:200 ratio.
- You can get a Vanilla Lamb and 'vanilla wool' new item.
- You can get a white elephant.
Dreamcatcher amulet for your petz! Protect them!
- Craftable with: wood, strings and ducky feathers.
- To put it: Right click with it on a pet you own.
- Now your pet will be protected against other players attacks. But you can still hurt it.
- To remove the Dreamcatcher from your pet: Right click on your pet and click on the Dreamcatcher image. Another option is to kill your pet, it will drop the dreamcatcher.
- By using a Dreamcatcher (left-click) you get a list your petz (only those named and with a dreamcatcher) and its pos. You cannot call them with this method, but you could get the pos for remote petz so you can travel to catch them at least. Closest petz can be called by the whistle as always. Warning: This dreamcatcher method is not permanent, if the game/server restarts the far away petz will be lost, so search for them in your current session. The last hope would be the area where the pet remains were loaded again, so the dreamcatcher will show your pet again.
Call your petz anywhere it is.
- Put names to pets you want to call.
- Use a Whistle: A list of pets with name and of your own will appear.
- Click on the pet to call it.
You can give order to tamed petz.
- Stand here: It stands fixed at the current pos.
- Follow: It will follow you.
- Guard: Wild animals (lion & grizzly) will attack any player close them, but not you.
- Fly, Alight: For birds.
- Capture your parrot or toucan with the Bug Net.
- Put it on the bird stand (right-click)
- You can change the rotation of the bird rightclicking on the stand.
Do create livestocks with the aid of fences. Put "enable_fence_tall = true" in minetest.conf to avoid fences being jumped.
- Install the bonemeal mod and convert your petz bones into fertilizer to grown plants faster.
- You can get cocoons. A cocoon is silk indeed.
- Also you can capture or breed moths/silkworns to make a Silk Farm.
- Create a closed facility. Create a bed of leaves. Put inside some moths and/or silkworms. The moths will lay eggs and silkworms will turn into cocoons (be care: they will eat the leaves too).
- Create a Spinning Wheel to get Silk Bobbins. Its a one node size item, so put on a node-table.
Instructions to craft a Spinnig Wheel:
- A previous bobbin has to be created by hand (3 sticks and 6 silkworm coccons)
- You have to note that making bobbins by hand is more expensive (the double) than in the spinning wheel.
- The first time your place a Spinning Wheel, that bobbin is already incorporated, only you have to add two more.
Instructions to use:
- You need to put in the Spinning Wheel (right-click) 3 Silkworns Cocoons. Then a Silk Bobbin will be created. Right-click again to get the bobbin.
It requires the 3D Armor mod!
You can create a super expensive and exquisite Prince Armor thanks to silk.
- The limit of honey by behive is 10 (max_honey_behive setting in petz.conf).
- You can collect honey from a behive with an empty bottle (right click).
- You can eat the honey. Honey is very powerful in order to recover your health.
- Each behive contains 3 bees (max_bees_behive in petz.conf). A artificially created behive only 1.
- Bees go out the behive to get pollen, but only if the honey in their behive is below 10. Then they return to their behive to create honey.
- If you destroy a behive all their bees will die. 6 honeycomb will be dropped.
- You can create a behive with 6 honeycombs and one captured worker bee.
- Player created behives only will have one bee when placed. But you can add more captured bees to a behive (right click) till the limit. Be care: If you put manually a new bee on a behive and the limit is reached, a bee that would be out when come back will die when entering the behive, in order the limit being respected.
- A captured bee "lost" is beehive. You have to assign to the same or another beehive.
- If you put an igniter or a torch below a behive (til 4 nodes), the bees inside will go out.
- You can get Beeswax cooking Honeycombs.
- You can get Beeswax Candles crafting Beewax with a string.
- Trick: Put some flowers surrounding the behive to start the production of honey.
- Trick: Point to a behive to known its statistics about the honey and bees (currently inside).
- Max honey by behive.
max_honey_behive = 10 (by default)
- Max bees in a behive.
max_bees_behive = 3 (by default)
- Outing rate: A "bee_outing_rate=1" means that a bee inmediatelly go out the behive for pollen
bee_outing_rate = 20 (by default)
Note: Take into account that if there are flowers close the behive a bee will go to them to collect pollen and inmediatelly will return back to the behive. If you want to see bees flying surrounding the behive, the behive should be full of honey so the bees can go for a walk far away. Also bees remain inside the behive at night.
- Initial honey behive: It indicates the initial honey amount on a created behive.
initial_honey_behive = 3 (by default)
This mode is disabled by default
Petz blood when punched
In petz.conf set:
Code: Select all
blood = true
Petz can shit :-D
- Only for farm animals: lambs, piggies and calfs.
- They should be tamed.
- Get the poop with a shovel.
- Poop decays after time.
- If you have the "bonemeal" mod, you can craft mulch.
- Settings in petz.conf:
Code: Select all
poop = true poop_decay = 1200
- Evil, tough & rare.
- Magical evasive attack.
- Launch Jack-o'-lantern Grenades.
- It can drop a jack-o'lantern (no mod dependency) and/or a pumpkin hood (if 3D Armor mod installed).
Jack-o'-lantern: Dropped by Mr Pumpkin. If farming_redo or crops mods installed can be crafted with a pumpkin and a candle or torch.
Jack-o'-lantern Grenade: Molotov cocktail to throw players and mobs. It can burn flammable nodes too.
- It lives in the Ice Sheet Biome.
- Semiaquatic animal.
- Put eggs, but no nest.
- It lives in the Ice Sheet Biome.
- It eats penguins.
- Aggressive. Non tamable.
- It can appear in the Ice Sheet Biome. Very rare.
- Not friendly. Assassin.
- It can drop Christmas Present and always some powerful food: Gingerbread cookies and Candy Canes.
- A box to introduce 4 presents.
- You can write a Christmas Card.
You can colorize the lambs with dyes.
- Right-click with a dye to apply a color. It is permanent, until shaving.
- Shave the lamb to get the colored wool. But now the lamb recovers its natural color.
- The color of the lamb is not inheritable and do not affect breeding.
A strange disease is spreading through Minetest.
The affected emerge on moonlit nights like beasts.[/color]
- You can set/unset this feature with 'lycanthropy = false' in 'petz.conf'.
- New monster: Werewolf. Rare spawn.
- If you get the disease thru werewolves (high chance) or normal wolves (very rare), you'll turn into a werewolf at night with incredible powers: speedy, more jumping and less damage when attacked.
- You will belong to a clan: "The Savage Stalkers", "The Bravehide Pride",
"The Hidden Tails" or "The Fierce Manes". Each clan has a different fur color.
- The first 24 hours you will be a werewolf, after the second day only at nights.
- At daylight you will be normal.
- In werewolf form a blood filter will tarnish your eyesight.
- When in werewolf form only you will be able to feed on raw meat. ('hbhunger' support / with 'ng_hunger' does not work)
- Wild animals won't attack you.
- You'll have to create a remedy to cure yourself.
- Full 3D Armor support:
- Chat Commands:
/howl: For werewolves.
/werewolf set <player_name> : apply the lycantrophy disease to the player or convert him to werewolf (til the next day).
/werewolf unset <player_name> : convert to human (til the next night)
/werewolf reset <player_name> : Cure the lycanthropy.
/werewolf clan <player_name> : Show the player's clan.
- You can create herds of lambs or goats.
- Check "Herding" for individuals in its form.
- Behaviour: Herd members tend to keep joined with their congeners.
- Become a Shepherd! Do craft a crock and then the herds will follow you (if you are the owner).
- New settings in petz.conf: 'herding_members_distance' & 'herding_shepherd_distance'
Are you sick of your pets just eating and shitting? So, don't kill them, sell them.
Are you jealous of other players' pets and want them at all costs? Make an offer.
- Only for multiplayer.
- Set the price.
- Other players could buy your petz! (right-click) But only if they have enough money... :-D.
PD: For the sale to be effective the buyer and the seller must be online at the same time.
- Fixed regression with timers (cause of the on_step change): grow, pregnant...
You can set the lifetime for the petz in the 'petz-conf' file:
- lifetime = -1
-- General lifetime for all the petz. Set a value in seconds.
-- Set to -1 to disable
- You can configure individual lifetime for each type of petz, simply create a "_lifetime" setting. I.e.: "kitty_lifetime = 1200".
-- This particular setting overrides the general lifetime setting.
-- This also works if general lifetime is -1.
-- If you put this setting to -1, the lifetime general setting also would be overrided. You can use this to avoid some type of petz to die when general lifetime is set.
- A Dreamcatcher in a petz disables all the lifetime.
- Some fine tunings:
-- lifetime_only_non_tamed = false
-- lifetime_avoid_non_breedable = false
Be Cautious when you define and use the Lifetime Mode: You could get all the petz dead. I recommend you to test it in a test server.
- Server admins can access to the petz forms and capture them. Capturing a petz by an admin does not mean that the original ownership is lost.
- It clears all the mobkit non-tamed mobs in the closest range.
- Modname is the mod of the mobs to clear.
- I.e: clear_mobs petz
- You can create a 'user.conf' with your favorite preferences, this file overrides the default settings of 'petz.conf'. Remark: 'user.conf' only overrides the defined settings there, the rest will be the default ones of 'petz.conf'. It is suitable to keep the preferences when updating the mod.
This mod is available in English, Russian, French, Portuguese (Brazil), German and Spanish languages. Also it's easy to translate to other languages.
Download Mobkit Version
Download mobkit version
Download Mobkit Mod (Last Version)
Download Mobs Redo Version
Deprecated: Use the mobkit version instead
Download mobs_redo version