[Game] CaptureTheFlag [capturetheflag]

ANAND

GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Game] CaptureTheFlag [capturetheflag]

by ANAND » Sat May 04, 2019 00:26

Thanks, I'll look into the error.

The env_meta not saving has nothing to do with capturetheflag itself, to the best of my knowledge.

Miniontoby

In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Tue May 07, 2019 09:02

I have tested ctf on an other pc and it works but the mapmake doesn't work
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"

ANAND

by ANAND » Tue May 07, 2019 09:23

Just to confirm, I hope you're not trying to open map maker on CTF (sub-)game. That mod has to be run from Minetest Game. So you'd have to copy ctf_map mod from <minetest>/games/capturetheflag/mods, and paste it in <minetest>/mods.

If you're lazy like me, you can get a standalone copy of the mod from CDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/r ... dy/ctf_map. You can also install the mod from within the application, by going to "Content" tab --> "Browse online repository", and installing ctf_map from there.

ANAND

by ANAND » Tue May 07, 2019 09:23

Just to confirm, I hope you're not trying to open map maker on CTF (sub-)game. That mod has to be run from Minetest Game. So you'd have to copy ctf_map mod from <minetest>/games/capturetheflag/mods, and paste it in <minetest>/mods.

If you're lazy like me, you can get a standalone copy of the mod from CDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/r ... dy/ctf_map. You can also install the mod from within the Minetest, by going to "Content" tab --> "Browse online repository", and installing ctf_map from there.

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Tue May 07, 2019 10:05

On my mobile it does work and on my laptop doesn't it works. I had already tested the options and that didn't work

ANAND

by ANAND » Tue May 07, 2019 13:45

Miniontoby wrote:
Code: Select all
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ACTION[Server]: [CaptureTheFlag] (flag) Miniontoby picked up blue's flag
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: The server has crashed and the problem is resolved as quickly as possible.
019-05-03 11:10:24: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'ctf_flag' in callback node_on_punch(): ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: attempt to index local 'tplayer' (a nil value)
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: in function 'get_color'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:4: in function <...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:3>
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:45: in function 'do_capture'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:164: in function 'on_punch'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:96: in function <...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine

Miniontoby, it seems like you weren't in a team while picking up the flag.

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Tue May 07, 2019 16:00

ANAND wrote:
Miniontoby wrote:
Code: Select all
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ACTION[Server]: [CaptureTheFlag] (flag) Miniontoby picked up blue's flag
2019-05-03 11:10:23: ERROR[Main]: Access denied. Reason: The server has crashed and the problem is resolved as quickly as possible.
019-05-03 11:10:24: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'ctf_flag' in callback node_on_punch(): ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: attempt to index local 'tplayer' (a nil value)
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_colors/hud.lua:2: in function 'get_color'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:4: in function <...\..\games\capturetheflag\mods\ctf\ctf_playertag\init.lua:3>
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:45: in function 'do_capture'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:164: in function 'on_punch'
2019-05-03 11:10:25: ERROR[Main]:    ...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine\ctf_flag/flag_func.lua:96: in function <...-win64\bin\..\mods\ctf_pvp_engine

Miniontoby, it seems like you weren't in a team while picking up the flag.

That does work now because I had tested on an other pc and I had copied that to my laptop

ANAND

by ANAND » Wed Oct 30, 2019 09:14

Updates

The latest release at the time of writing this post is v1.24.0, but there's also an impending v2.0.0 release, which should hopefully be tagged before the end of November. I'll only list the changes from v1.20.0 to v1.24.0 now:

• Marker visibility time has been increased to 30 seconds.
  • Yearned to know the score you get for killing a certain player? The score awarded for a kill is now displayed on screen for a couple of seconds after each kill! The score awarded when picking up / capturing a flag is also displayed in a similar manner.
  • /summary now shows the stats of the current match as well. Players can switch between the current match and the previous match using a button in the formspec.
  • Reinforced cobble now also requires one steel ingot and four cobbles to craft.
  • The server status message (/status) now also includes the name of the current map.
  • Wooden tools have been completely removed, in favour of stone tools. The rationale behind this decision is that wooden tools only serve as an intermediary step in survival environments, where the player has to start with wooden tools and work their way up.
  • Indestructible snow and ice not being slippery has been fixed.
  • Damage curve, blast radius, initial velocity, and collision-checking of grenades have been improved, for added realism.
  • All unused MTG features like sapling growth and leaf decay have been removed.
  • Each map's starter items is now excluded from being registered as treasures in that map. No more cobbles in chests when you already spawn with 50 of them, for example.
  • The feedback message shown when using /report has been made clearer. Let's be real - no one's going to get back to you ever... :P
  • There's now a "Maps Catalog" (accessible by doing /maps), which allows players to browse through all the existing maps, read their licenses, view their screenshots, etc.
  • Maps Catalog support has been extended to IRC. IRC users can browse through a textual version of the maps catalog, provided they're logged in.
  • Team-chest capacity has been greatly increased, and both sections now contain 28 slots each.
  • Respawn immunity won't end when hitting team-mates.
  • The bug of grenade kills not being detected properly has been fixed.
  • Players who are healed by bandages are notified using a coloured chat message.
  • Players are now spawned randomly within the 3x3 area centred around the flag, instead of spawning at the flag every single time.

I'll post the changelog for v1.24.0 --> v2.0.0 once v2.0.0 has been released.

Waterbug

IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Thu Oct 31, 2019 02:09

ANAND wrote:
  • Indestructible snow and ice not being slippery has been fixed.

I don't think snow should be slippery.

ANAND wrote:
  • Respawn immunity won't end when hitting team-mates.

I think it would be best if respawn immunity lasts no more than 5 seconds at the most.

ANAND wrote:
  • Players who are healed by bandages are notified using a coloured chat message.

A better notification would be if your screen flashes blue when someone hits you with a bandage; just like when your screen flashes red when you are being attacked.

Anyway, thanks for this post. It's nice to know what's been changed.

ANAND

Chem871

GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

by Chem871 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 16:33

Waterbug wrote:
I don't think snow should be slippery.
I agree. I used to like the ice age map, but no more.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 05:11

Med-kits would be better if your health does not get restored to what is was before you used the med-kit when your healing is interrupted. Instead, it would be better if when your healing is interrupted (whatever the reason), you just lose the med-kit and your health stops regenerating.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 05:45

rubenwardy's server is currently at about 20+ maps (or will be very shortly).
I have an idea for a good map cycling system to make things neater.

Make it so that there are only 10 maps in the cycle at once and every time the cycle loops have one map get dropped from the end of the cycle and have another map get added to the front of the cycle.

Example: on the first loop, maps 1 through 10 would be in the cycle, on the second loop, maps 2 through 11 would be in the cycle, on the third loop, maps 3 through 12. And eventually the loop would work its way all the way through every map and repeat. But the important part is that there will be no more than 10 different maps in the rotation at once.

Previous

Return to Game Releases