Run commands from server console window?

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

Run commands from server console window?

by Joseph16 » Post

Is this possible? I'm hosting a server using the --server command on a minetest shortcut in windows 10. Is there any way to type to chat or any commands such as /grant or /priv? It would make it so I don't have to log on to fix things that only require commands.
Testin' mines since 1989

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: Run commands from server console window?

by sorcerykid » Post

The minetest server (in headless mode) is non-interactive. There is no standard input recognized. Your only choice is either to login to the server and issue commands as admin or else use one of a few mods or command-line utilities that people have developed for piping commands into the server process via IPC (files, sockets, etc.)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Joseph13, If i understood you correctly - yes, you can use minetest console for Windows

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

by Joseph16 » Post

These all seem very complicated and I don’t really think it’s worth setting up. Thanks anyway.
Testin' mines since 1989

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

If MT is compiled for Linux with ncurses support, you can run a headless server and issue commands to the console.

If this is possible on Linux, compiling with standard options, then there is probably an equivalent for Windows. However, you may have to either compile it yourself, or find someone who can, if this is possible.