IMPERIVM ROMANVM modding team - Modders wanted

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

IMPERIVM ROMANVM modding team - Modders wanted

by Diamond knight » Post

Salvete, I am Ferrvm Avgvstvs leader of a multigame gaming community that operates within minetest. We have a modding and dev branch, and are looking for people who can mod/c++ dev or would like to learn to. I am sure many of you have seen the decline of minetest, with the engine advancing at a snails pace compared to how it advanced back in the day. This is because the game's codebase has scaled but the dev team has not. I intend to churn out useful pull requests on an industrial scale with a large team, it is the best way to help the overwelmed devs. There is also the possibility of being able to make speedy updates to mods this way, and make quality mods. Like I said, if you do not know how to mod and you are willing to learn, then we can help you learn to mod.

If modding is not your thing and you like government sims, and building grand cities, or even living in them. We got that too, we even have a grand army and a discord military achademy in discord for strategic pvp wars.

If you are interested DM me.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: IMPERIVM ROMANVM modding team - Modders wanted

by sofar » Post

yes

because creating a new community is a good way to help another community

I totally follow you on that logic

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

Diamond knight wrote:Salvete, I am Ferrvm Avgvstvs leader of a multigame gaming community that operates within minetest. We have a modding and dev branch, and are looking for people who can mod/c++ dev or would like to learn to. I am sure many of you have seen the decline of minetest, with the engine advancing at a snails pace compared to how it advanced back in the day. This is because the game's codebase has scaled but the dev team has not. I intend to churn out useful pull requests on an industrial scale with a large team, it is the best way to help the overwelmed devs. There is also the possibility of being able to make speedy updates to mods this way, and make quality mods. Like I said, if you do not know how to mod and you are willing to learn, then we can help you learn to mod.

If modding is not your thing and you like government sims, and building grand cities, or even living in them. We got that too, we even have a grand army and a discord military achademy in discord for strategic pvp wars.

If you are interested DM me.
I think the best way to contribute to the MT community on this Forum would be presenting some mod featuring ancient architecture. There was a thread made by Catpete showing really nice results achieved in re-creating Greek agora. Maybe then some builders would follow your project.

@sofar: perhaps you shouldn't be so sarcastic. After all sometimes flourishing of some communities do boost growth of other communities, e.g. community of mobsters vs one of policemen ;)
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

BillyS
GitHub: Billy-S
IRC: BillyS
In-game: BillyS

by BillyS » Post

@voxelproof Your reply to sofar is true, but Ferrum also has a history of lots of talk and absolutely zero action. Also, his "grand army" has 3 active people (including himself).
<SHAMELESS PLUG> Play on my server Blocky Survival! It's unique! </SHAMELESS PLUG>

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

BillyS wrote:@voxelproof Your reply to sofar is true, but Ferrum also has a history of lots of talk and absolutely zero action. Also, his "grand army" has 3 active people (including himself).
Oh :}
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

BillyS wrote:@voxelproof Your reply to sofar is true, but Ferrum also has a history of lots of talk and absolutely zero action. Also, his "grand army" has 3 active people (including himself).
You couldn't be more exact. I experienced this myself xD
I don't have anything important to say.