MultiCraft Creative Server

meseking35
GitHub: meseking35
IRC: meseking meseking_ meseking__
In-game: meseking MeseBot

MultiCraft Creative Server

by meseking35 » Post

This new server is a popular and powerful game with many mods, including mobs!
MultiCraft Creative combines Minecraft and Minetest under one roof, giving you a great experience!

The address is: eu1.multicraft.world
The port is: 30000

P.S I used to own the original MultiCraft Creative Server (originally called MultiCreative) until I couldn't host any more, I discovered a copy, MultiCraft Creative Server, and was impressed by the new MCC! Please give this new server a try!

Meseking

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: MultiCraft Creative Server

by Festus1965 » Post

mhh I am not sure what to think about this server

and only 0.4.x client or similar clone copy whatever can join.

but if the name MultiCraft is otherwise registered, sheltered I dint look yet.

at one visit, I found just as expected massive damaged areas, holes ... as expected
Last edited by Festus1965 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Ruslan1
GitHub: ruslan1-dev
IRC: Ruslan1
In-game: Ruslan1

by Ruslan1 » Post

:)
cdb_9fcc437a79b1

Ruslan1

by Ruslan1 » Post

:)
cdb_9fcc437a79b1

Ruslan1

by Ruslan1 » Post

sorry for spamming
cdb_9fcc437a79b1

Lejo
GitHub: Lejo1
In-game: Lejo

by Lejo » Post

This server is promoted by the Multicraft iOS advertising Minetest Fork.
That’s the only one reason why this server is so full.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

I think it’s hilarious that the servers of a fork have the highest player counts and ranks in the official Minetest servers list.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:I think it’s hilarious that the servers of a fork have the highest player counts and ranks in the official Minetest servers list.
There are not any CPU heavy [mod] activated, if so, tell me ... Iike to be creative.

Do not mind about this, MOST of this gamer are just standing around doing nothing. Sometime I take a short look - as never get enemies out of your view.

The area around the spawn is a mess (build, grief, new rebuild), we should be happy, that this gamer are not flooding our servers.
Last edited by Festus1965 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Lejo

by Lejo » Post

I agree with you such servers are Not minetest they are Multicraft.
In my opinion this servers should leave the serverlist. They will be still pretty full because of the mobile Gamer.
BUT, I don’t want to ban the Multicraft players as it’s the only one Minetest-Fork for iOS.
We should accept the players on minetest servers.
I don’t see any benefits of a pure Multicraft server to be on the Minetest Serverlist as Minetest players like better Server.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

accept them ?
so this are this name123 gamer ? - as I see THEM near only there ?
so if the servers stay, I see only a few (other legal) ways to let them dry out,
as you said, accept this players ... = we need
* an own minetest 0.4.17 promoted server -
= no name filter (here name123), and
= a view logged in fake gamer getting place one in list to attract them
(even I see if my 5.x-server (or another) got nr 1 in the list, this gamer spread to other 0.4.17)
= similar not hard mod config, that keep fast
- rest run by itself ...

???
the other side, I would likely promote existing other still 0.4.17 servers, with let each server about 8-10 gamer logged in - just enough to be in front of there server in list

But at the End I agree in some way:
This poor Multicraft gamer getting a (peep) of server for them, show them nothing about what possible to build with this game ... 2 servers are just a big area of mess up, learn only chaos, griefing and not been able to protect own projects.

Lejo

by Lejo » Post

Festus1965 wrote:accept them ?
so this are this name123 gamer ? - as I see THEM near only there ?
so if the servers stay, I see only a few (other legal) ways to let them dry out,
As far as I know the name123 players are some different ones. I just don’t want to ban IOS-Multicrafter as they can’t install Minetest.
as you said, accept this players ... = we need
* an own minetest 0.4.17 promoted server -
= no name filter (here name123), and
= a view logged in fake gamer getting place one in list to attract them
(even I see if my 5.x-server (or another) got nr 1 in the list, this gamer spread to other 0.4.17)
= similar not hard mod config, that keep fast
- rest run by itself ...
So you want them to only be on the Multicraft-server and not on Minetest servers? I’m also pretty sure that the Minetest Forks will also get updated soon.
I also have Multicraft on my IPhone because it’s better then having no-Minetest-like-game.
???
the other side, I would likely promote existing other still 0.4.17 servers, with let each server about 8-10 gamer logged in - just enough to be in front of there server in list
That’s the reason why I have a warning for the old version players on the server. You can’t speed updating progress up.
But at the End I agree in some way:
This poor Multicraft gamer getting a (peep) of server for them, show them nothing about what possible to build with this game ... 2 servers are just a big area of mess up, learn only chaos, griefing and not been able to protect own projects.
That’s one of the reason why such Multicraft-servers shouldn’t get promoted using the serverlist ranking.
They can join Minetest servers and if they get to learn Minetest there they maybe also move to Minetest. So Multicraft can also promote minetest. The players just need to get known about Minetest.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

When this IOS Multicraft is updated, then the problem goes itself ...
but until then, we have to let them play on minetest servers, yes -
and for this we have to have server with better rank than this ones, to catch them
... and show what much better it can be ...
Last edited by Festus1965 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Lejo

by Lejo » Post

I agree but we will also need after the update 0.4.17 servers to catch other forks who not updated. We could also block them but then they go on worse servers with no blocking and get a wrong picture of Minetest.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

JT2 used to be very popular with players of Multicraft and other forks, since it wasn't mod heavy and didn't impose username restrictions. I also think it was a far better representation of Minetest since spawn was protected from griefing and offered a safe haven for n00bs. I'm working on a new version of the S3 Engine that will accept connections from 0.4.14+ and 5.x clients alike (in fact it will probably be the only server that is backwards compatible).

Anyway sorry to deviate from the topic at hand. I do think that iOS support is important, since there isn't yet an official client :)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I'm working on a
mean not available yet,
I found a faster solution now ...
Lejo wrote:I agree but we will also need after the update 0.4.17 servers to catch other forks who not updated. We could also block them but then they go on worse servers with no blocking and get a wrong picture of Minetest.
and yes Lejo, this is why i did own server 0.4.17.1 now ...
Lejo wrote:This server is promoted by the Multicraft iOS advertising Minetest Fork.
That’s the only one reason why this server is so full.
No this are just ... player they choose mainly the first on the list ... that is now not anymore this one.

but still no any reaction about MCs on MTs list ...
from the devs, the team ... it is already like MT is dead ... (and my warnings about this number gamer was right months ago, they also didn't listen)

samec
In-game: bobo

by samec » Post

The worst server I ever played. A pitch darkness at the spawn in the night, so you see nothing. Then an insane mess that you can barely go trough. Then you have only 4 protection block, so you can build at the most a shack lost somewhere away where nobody can find it. And finally when you try build something, you are banned without a word of explanation. It is not a creative server, it is a garbage server.

Lejo

by Lejo » Post

I joined using a MT-0.4.16-AppImage client and get this message:

Is this a Joke?
This server is on the Minetest-Serverlist and calls me an Unofficial Client?
And promotes an unofficial client
Didn't thought that we are no so far :(

Captcha
IRC: Captcha
In-game: Captcha

by Captcha » Post

Lejo wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:03
I joined using a MT-0.4.16-AppImage client and get this message:

Is this a Joke?
This server is on the Minetest-Serverlist and calls me an Unofficial Client?
And promotes an unofficial client
Didn't thought that we are no so far :(
I am not surprised. It only declares as official client the 5.x Versions.
Not the best lua coder

Professional name sniper

Working on an in-game CAPTCHA for minetest and trying to make his own "game" (sub game of minetest) to learn some more lua.

Lejo

by Lejo » Post

Jep, but than it should also promote this 5.x clients and ask to update.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Lejo wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:03
This server is on the Minetest-Serverlist and […] promotes an unofficial client
Having non-Minetest servers in the official Minetest server list is officially endorsed by some devs so I guess we have to deal with it.

https://github.com/minetest/master-server/issues/32

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:06
Having non-Minetest servers in the official Minetest server list is officially endorsed by some devs so I guess we have to deal with it.
I'd rather call it "tolerated" than "endorsed".
Either way you do not just have to live with it, if you think a fork should not be allowed on the public list because it doesn't "behave" please bring it to our attention.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Technically my server is a fork of 0.4.14, and I feel it is a worthy representation of Minetest and FOSS. Over half of the mods on my server have been released on the forums, and many are published on the ContentDB. I also know Monte48, the developer of Multicraft, is an active contributor to Minetest and routinely opens PRs to port features over to the official branch.

So the notion that somehow forks steal players and that only authentic servers should be listed is absurd. What qualifies as a genuine Minetest server anyway? Minetest Game? Good luck with that because I'm willing to bet that not a single one of the top 10, 20, or even 50 servers in the master server list are running the officially distributed "Minetest Game" with no custom mods, texture packs, or other alterations and additions to content or code. So I guess they should be barred from the master server list since they don't represent the real and true game that players expect.

To the best of my knowledge, Minetest is supposed to be a free and open-source framework for game development. Just because someone modifies the engine then suddenly it's no longer qualified as Minetest? Yet somehow if you modify the bundled game then it qualified as Minetest? Who decides where that arbitrary line is drawn? And in the case of servers, how would anyone know whether it was the engine or the game the has been forked unless the server operator divulges that fact publicly?

Moreover, what about games like Crafter by Oil Boi or MC2 or Wuzzy that completely blur the line between what is and is not "Minetest"? These two games alone are completely divergent from the traditional Minetest Game, yet nobody is disputing whether they should be promoted in the Minetest Forums, IRC channels, subreddit, etc. Seems like a rather arbitrary double standard to suggest that only some forks should be allowed yet not others.

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

MultiCraft servers are based on Minetest 5.1 and guarantee compatibility only on Minetest 5.1+ or MultiCraft.
Experimental support for Minetest 0.4.17 (!) has limited capabilities and is provided for demonstrating purposes only.

It is recommended that you go to 5 to take full advantage of the server. Since the latest version of Minetest 5.1+ is not available in mobile app stores, I recommend using MultiCraft.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 13:47
I'd rather call it "tolerated" than "endorsed".
Yes, this might be the better word. But I think it is still a major issue that non-Minetest servers are in the Minetest server list.
sfan5 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 13:47
Either way you do not just have to live with it, if you think a fork should not be allowed on the public list because it doesn't "behave" please bring it to our attention.
You mean like this server aggressively promoting a Minetest fork to people connecting with an older client?

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 21:11
You mean like this server aggressively promoting a Minetest fork to people connecting with an older client?
I would be happy to promote a new version of the Minetest for old client, if it were available. While this is not the case (although 5.3 will be on Google Play), I have nothing to promote.
---
I spent a lot of time (and plan to do more) to transfer the entire user experience to the official client.