[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.53.3]

by Wuzzy » Post

I just tried it in creative mode in mapgen v7. If you surround a bunch of ice with torches, the ice simply disappears, it doesn't turn into water source. I believe this is a bug.
OK, leo_rockway, you're right. I fixed it.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
I just tried it in creative mode in mapgen v7. If you surround a bunch of ice with torches, the ice simply disappears, it doesn't turn into water source. I believe this is a bug.
OK, leo_rockway, you're right. I fixed it.
/me highfives Wuzzy! :D

Hey, I found something that at first glance appears to be amazing: a full set of sounds for Minecraft that MineClone 2 could use!

It's called SnowSong.

The "license" is non-standard, but the wording pretty clearly makes it free, in my opinion:
CREATIVE END USER LICENSE/RELEASE:

Many have asked me if they might use all or a portion of my work(s) in my Minecraft Resource Packs and my website materials with their Minecraft Servers and/or Mod packs/Map packs/Resource Packs even their own original video games. I herein give permission to use my SnowSong Sound Pack free of charge, entirely free, for personal enjoyment, modification of the Minecraft gaming experience, and most importantly, for Foley and specialized usage in your OWN MODS, resource packs, and your own GAMES if you are a game designer; INDIE or otherwise. This resource pack is a wealth of brilliant FX and music that can and should add professional quality and all-original sound engineering to your audio projects of all sorts. Giving credit where credit is due, a mention or referral to me as sound/music engineer/composer would be nice, but I will not in the least bit make that necessary for you to use my works. Let my works contribute to your endeavors if they would benefit you at any degree of use.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

SnowSong is pretty great, at least the sound effects. I remembered finding it under a CC license but since now I can't find that source I seem to be in the wrong. It's too bad, because if I know Wuzzy he won't touch non-CC content (and for good reasons).

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

texmex wrote:SnowSong is pretty great, at least the sound effects. I remembered finding it under a CC license but since now I can't find that source I seem to be in the wrong. It's too bad, because if I know Wuzzy he won't touch non-CC content (and for good reasons).
To me her disclaimer is pretty much WTFPL, with a request for attribution which is not even mandatory.

Edit:
She also left this comment in that forum:
Absolutely! Feel free to use all my music, music packs and sound FX, even all of my textures from the textures pack in whatever you like.

It's 100% original, 100% Alecia Shepherd, and 100% free. You don't even have to give me credit for it!

Check the Overview Page to see the legal statement.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Well, let's compare against the four freedoms:

- Free to use: Check.
- Free to redistribute: Nope / dubious.
- Free to change: Partially? Mentions Minecraft only.
- Free to share changes: Nope / dubious.

Sorry, that's not good enough. I cannot take any chances with MCL2. I'm a little wuss. You should never write your own license anyway …

But it is not true that I will not touch any non-CC content (there are, in fact, other libre licenses, and only 3 out of 7 CC licenses are libre anyway).

Feel free to request the author to use a well-known tried and tested license (a libre one, of course!) if you care so much.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

So it would appear that it's nonfree, as in DeviantArt it was posted as CC BY ND.

I sent her an email (to the address in her YouTube profile), asking her if she would license it as CC BY SA. Hopefully she replies.

texmex

by texmex » Post

leo_rockway wrote:So it would appear that it's nonfree, as in DeviantArt it was posted as CC BY ND.

I sent her an email (to the address in her YouTube profile), asking her if she would license it as CC BY SA. Hopefully she replies.
Ah, there’s the licensing I recall. Good luck!

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Baby zombies glitch through doors.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

BlazeGamingUnltd
GitHub: BlazeGamingUnltd
In-game: BlaZe3

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.53.2]

by BlazeGamingUnltd » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:So you'd need to enable a texture pack just for MCL2 or convert your own tp over to MCL2
K Thanks a lot!

Oh and I made you friend (for no reason) :)
Check out my youtube channel pls
-BlazeGamingUnltd
Do not forget to check my channel out : http://bit.ly/BlazeGamingUnltd

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I'm not a gamer. My interest in MineClone 2 is mostly from a let's-free-all-the-software point of view and having a valid alternative to popular software (which Minecraft is). I like reporting bugs and helping where I can, but I barely play the game. I'm extremely surprised by some features that I didn't know were there yet and I only discovered by testing a texture in creative mode (the texture is Isabella II).

Riding horses, llamas and pigs, breeding animals, taming cats and dogs (although that still doesn't work like Minecraft yet), trading with (manually spawned) villagers, structures like the end portal, the village or the witch's cottage being already designed (even if they don't spawn naturally). Wow! Wuzzy (and several other collaborators), I can't stress enough how pleasantly surprised I am.

GamingAssociation39

How would I make a custom node for the chests? I want to add the nose piece to the chest.

GamingAssociation39

There's a spelling mistake here.
Attachments
screenshot_20190605_001154.png
screenshot_20190605_001154.png (298.4 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I don't know if this happens with every tool, but I've been using an iron pickaxe and when it breaks the last block to be mined doesn't drop anything. I don't think that's how it works in Minecraft.

BlazeGamingUnltd
GitHub: BlazeGamingUnltd
In-game: BlaZe3

by BlazeGamingUnltd » Post

Does the bedrock+12 blocks branch mining for diamonds work in MineClone 2?
-BlazeGamingUnltd
Do not forget to check my channel out : http://bit.ly/BlazeGamingUnltd

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

leo_rockway wrote:I don't know if this happens with every tool, but I've been using an iron pickaxe and when it breaks the last block to be mined doesn't drop anything. I don't think that's how it works in Minecraft.
This is a known bug. Sadly, I haven't figured out a way on how to fix this :-(
BlazeGamingUnltd wrote:Does the bedrock+12 blocks branch mining for diamonds work in MineClone 2?
I don't know because I don't know what you mean with “bedrock+12 blocks”.

If “bedrock” means the lowest layer of the Overworld (at which there is 100% bedrock), then the answer is “yes”.
If “bedrock” means something else, then the answer is “no”.

The ore distribution is modeled after MC's and is roughly the same.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I forgot to post here. I got a reply from the author of SnowSong and she was very kind and she re-uploaded the texture / sound pack with CC-BY-SA 4.0 as the new license: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7weI5 ... sp=sharing

You can see in the details that that's her and that the file was uploaded recently. You can see the new license in the README file.

I also told her a bit about Minetest, so she might be joining the forum to provide help with additional textures and sounds.

texmex

by texmex » Post

That’s great news! Good work, leo_rockway!

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

texmex wrote:That’s great news! Good work, leo_rockway!
It's not my work. Thank the author of the pack! :D

texmex

by texmex » Post

leo_rockway wrote:
texmex wrote:That’s great news! Good work, leo_rockway!
It's not my work. Thank the author of the pack! :D
Good work in asking for a license change. :)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Sorry, nope.
I have looked it up again. The SnowSong license did not actually change. I have failed to find any evidence that the license of SnowSong has been changed to the license you claimed. In fact, in the webpages I still only find the old license. Therefore, I must assume the license is still the old one.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/m ... ource-pack

And the file on Google Drive could have been uploaded by anyone. That's not good evidence that the license has been actually changed. Even if this is actually uploaded by the author, the licensing is now highly ambigious, and I cannot take any chances.

If you want to convince me, either the publicly shown license must be a free one, or you can provide evidence the upload on Google Drive is actually from the copyright holder.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Sorry, nope.
I have looked it up again. The SnowSong license did not actually change. I have failed to find any evidence that the license of SnowSong has been changed to the license you claimed. In fact, in the webpages I still only find the old license. Therefore, I must assume the license is still the old one.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/m ... ource-pack

And the file on Google Drive could have been uploaded by anyone. That's not good evidence that the license has been actually changed. Even if this is actually uploaded by the author, the licensing is now highly ambigious, and I cannot take any chances.

If you want to convince me, either the publicly shown license must be a free one, or you can provide evidence the upload on Google Drive is actually from the copyright holder.
The Google Drive file has the author in the "Details" section and the date it was last modified.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 14.40.38.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 14.40.38.png (156.24 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

OK, looks OK now. Thanks for your time and diplomacy. :D

I have now included the cloth sounds in MCL2.

I don't know yet if I should use the entire sound pack or just portions of it. It will be a lot of work to include everything, that's for sure …

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I don't know yet if I should use the entire sound pack or just portions of it. It will be a lot of work to include everything, that's for sure …
Let us know if we can help!
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

The slime blocks doesn't do what they do in minecraft
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

leo_rockway