[Game] Floating Factories

isaiah658

[Game] Floating Factories

by isaiah658 » Post

Floating Factories is a subgame that I intended to be like Sky Factory and Project Ozone 2 are for Minecraft. Essentially it combines machines, automation, strategic thinking, and a sky world. You'll start with little and exponentially expand. However, this idea has become too hard to pull off with Minetest due to many of the mods needed to make it being incomplete or non-existent. I've tried filling in the gaps with my own mods and edits to others, but it's reached a point that's too hard to finish.

Chapter 1 of the quest book is actually finished, so if you're interested, there is content to see. However, chapter 2 and beyond has not been constructed and that's were the majority of the automation was going to begin. The intention for chapter 2 was to introduce an underworld / underground realm that would feature darkness, lots of mobs, ores, and some exploration for a few rarer resources. These resources would be used to start using the elepower mod.

There are no mobs, besides npc merchants, as I was still figuring out what mobs to include and from where. I was most likely going to use the mobs from Mineclone 2.

I'm just posting what I did in case it helps someone else or if others want to work on it.

Download: https://github.com/isaiah658/floating_f ... master.zip
Source: https://github.com/isaiah658/floating_factories

Attachments
quest_book.png
quest_book.png (82.72 KiB) Viewed 328 times

R-One

Re: [Game] Floating Factories

by R-One » Post

Hello,

A small report, I noticed that the stone staff of structure adds a block line even if we only have one cobblestone in the inventory. For example it adds a line 4 blocks while I have only one ... Is this normal?

Other bug, Steel hammer have 2 recipe, one of which is that of the hammer diamond.

You forgot to add because the barrel is empty at the beginning:

Code: Select all

if minetest.get_modpath("hopper") and minetest.get_modpath("compost") then
	hopper:add_container({
		{"top", "compost:wood_barrel_empty", "dst"},
		{"bottom", "compost:wood_barrel_empty", "src"},
	})
end
Otherwise, it would be possible to support mutli-language?

Thank you

isaiah658

by isaiah658 » Post

@R-One

The stone staff of structure should only place the amount of blocks you have unless you are in creative mode. If you are in creative mode, no blocks are used while placing them.

I'll fix the hammer recipe.

I'll look into the hopper code as well.

Multi-language is very impractical. Due to the limitations of Minetest, you either have to choose an ugly user interface (in my opinion) or use images. So the text for the pages is actually an image. I also don't speak another language and there is a lot to translate. I'm also not really interested in finishing the project so someone else would have to do that. Sorry.

Edit: Actually there were a few improvements to formspecs, such as text box scroll bars, that would make using text for the quest book possible. It would still look ugly though and I don't foresee people volunteering to translate a lot of text.

isaiah658

by isaiah658 » Post

@R-One

Thank you for testing it! The staff of structure and the amount of blocks placed is fixed. The diamond hammer recipe is fixed. The additional hopper code for empty compost bins has also been added.

The only thing I can't really help with is multi-language unless someone tells me an easy way to support it.