[Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by VanessaE » Sat Feb 02, 2019 18:03

Don't assign channels to the other panels -- just to the leftmost one. You can dig and re-place the others to erase their channels. Send your whole message just once to the leftmost panel's channel, and the code will spread the message across all the panels. That panel becomes the "master", the others to its right are slaved to it.

Send the scroll commands just once, to that same channel. The code will automatically scroll all of the panels repeatedly, at the speed set by the scroll_speed command.

Try this:

Place a panel, give it channel name "foo". Place a bunch more to the right of it, in a line. Make sure they all face the same way, and do not give them channels.

Send these commands to that leftmost panel:

Code: Select all
digiline_send("foo", "clear")
digiline_send("foo", "this is a test string")
digiline_send("foo", "start_scroll")
digiline_send("foo", "scroll_speed 0.5")


There's a more detailed example under "More screenshots" in the opening post.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

minetest-user
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 17:24

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by minetest-user » Sat Feb 02, 2019 18:14

VanessaE wrote:Don't assign channels to the other panels -- just to the leftmost one. You can dig and re-place the others to erase their channels. Send your whole message just once to the leftmost panel's channel, and the code will spread the message across all the panels. That panel becomes the "master", the others to its right are slaved to it.

Send the scroll commands just once, to that same channel. The code will automatically scroll all of the panels repeatedly, at the speed set by the scroll_speed command.

Try this:

Place a panel, give it channel name "foo". Place a bunch more to the right of it, in a line. Make sure they all face the same way, and do not give them channels.

Send these commands to that leftmost panel:

Code: Select all
digiline_send("foo", "clear")
digiline_send("foo", "this is a test string")
digiline_send("foo", "start_scroll")
digiline_send("foo", "scroll_speed 0.5")


There's a more detailed example under "More screenshots" in the opening post.


Thanks for help!
 

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany
In-game: Phoenixflo44

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Phoenixflo44 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 19:23

Is there also a guide here for stupid ones like me?
+ Spoiler
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
 

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany
In-game: Phoenixflo44

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Phoenixflo44 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 19:50

And I don't understand those details. Never knew me with mesecon's commands.
+ Spoiler
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by VanessaE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 20:16

Well, like my Nixie Tube mod, this is only intended to be used with Digilines, so you'll need to learn a bit of Lua and how to use Lua Controllers to send Digilines commands.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany
In-game: Phoenixflo44

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Phoenixflo44 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 18:46

Thank you for this help. I had already faulted the helpfulness of this community. And for me to learn something, you have to explain it more often. But I didn't return to listen to such a garbage.
+ Spoiler
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by v-rob » Sat Feb 09, 2019 22:24

Phoenixflo44 wrote:Thank you for this help. I had already faulted the helpfulness of this community. And for me to learn something, you have to explain it more often.


So, since you're having some trouble using digilines with this mod, let me see if I can help. I'll put it in a spoiler because of all the screenshots.

+ Basic Tutorial

+ Other Stuff


Anyway, there are a few other things, but they are much harder to teach, and you'd need to know a bit of Lua to do them. If you do know Lua or learn it sometime, I'd be glad to teach you the rest of them.

I hope this helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by VanessaE » Sat Feb 09, 2019 22:32

Thanks for posting that tutorial. Nice work, I couldn't have done it better myself. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
Location: The Netherlands
In-game: Miniontoby

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Miniontoby » Mon May 13, 2019 15:52

How do you did this "v-rob"?
Image
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
Location: Right behind you.
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by v-rob » Mon May 13, 2019 23:40

The ascii character used was 144, so to print this character, you have to do something like this:

digiline_send("screen", char(144))

Notice how there are no quotes around char(144).

You can use more character codes other than 144, and these are in the first post about halfway down the "Detailed usage..." spoiler in the first page.

Now, to put this in with other text, use .. between the text and the char(144), like so:

digiline_send("screen", "Some "..char(144).." Text")

This would give you Some █ Text.

Then, just put the color codes and char(144) all together. Therefore:

Code: Select all
digiline_send("screen", "/0"..char(144).."/1"..char(144).."/2"..char(144).."/3"..char(144).."/4"..char(144).."/5"..char(144).."/6"..char(144).."/7"..char(144).."/8"..char(144).."/9"..char(144).."/a"..char(144).."/b"..char(144).."/c"..char(144).."/d"..char(144).."/e"..char(144).."/f"..char(144).."/g"..char(144).."/h"..char(144).."/i"..char(144).."/j"..char(144).."/k"..char(144).."/l"..char(144).."/m"..char(144).."/n"..char(144).."/o"..char(144).."/p"..char(144).."/q"..char(144).."/r"..char(144))

gives you what is on the screen.

To be honest, though, I used a loop, but that requires Lua knowledge.
 

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
Location: The Netherlands
In-game: Miniontoby

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Miniontoby » Sat Jul 13, 2019 18:26

How to send the led marquee value to an other led marquee?
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"
 

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
Location: The Netherlands
In-game: Miniontoby

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Miniontoby » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17

Can you scroll text to the right? And please anwser my other question above
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by VanessaE » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier question, and I am not even sure what you mean by sending "the" value.

As for scrolling to the right, no. Not automatically anyway. After all, they're not exactly displaying a right-to-left language. You'll have to do that manually, by repeatedly adjusting your string and re-sending it, to make it look like it's going to the right.

Pull requests welcome.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
Location: The Netherlands
In-game: Miniontoby

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by Miniontoby » Wed Jul 24, 2019 15:38

VanessaE wrote:Sorry, I didn't see your earlier question, and I am not even sure what you mean by sending "the" value.

The "get" value, I think

VanessaE wrote:as for scrolling to the right, no. Not automatically anyway. After all, they're not exactly displaying a right-to-left language. You'll have to do that manually, by repeatedly adjusting your string and re-sending it, to make it look like it's going to the right.


It's only for a horse race game
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Digilines LED marquee [git][led_marquee]

by VanessaE » Wed Jul 24, 2019 15:57

The "get" value? there are at least a couple of things you can readback from a marquee....
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

Previous

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuckarooBanzay and 20 guests