A Server Request

BlazeGamingUnltd
GitHub: BlazeGamingUnltd
In-game: BlaZe3

A Server Request

by BlazeGamingUnltd » Post

Can someone make a server (MCL2 or Vanilla MT) WITHOUT protection redo?
I mean no hate to the mod, but almost every server has the mod. I know it protects us from griefing but it’s so not fun to not be able to play pranks on others!
What I want is a server like hermitcraft which doesn’t have protection redo.
Before you start replying to me saying “Yo Blaze, why can’t you make the server” or something of that sort let me tell you that I would if my computer was powerful enough.
Thank you!
-BlazeGamingUnltd
Do not forget to check my channel out : http://bit.ly/BlazeGamingUnltd

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: A Server Request

by Festus1965 » Post

Sure your computer is powerful enough, as a server need very low specs,
and you will also be the only one play there, as nobody wants his build crashed, planked by you ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

Well, you can also rent a server. So you should rather tell us that you can't afford it or you don't want to pay it.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

No protection mod? Outrageous, every *good* server has it. The ones that don't are overrun with griefers and killed shortly after their beginning :-(
I don't know what server owner in their right mind would do this, so you'd better rent a server if you really want it - this is my best advice.
Festus1965 wrote:and you will also be the only one play there, as nobody wants his build crashed, planked by you ...
Exactly!

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Actually servers without any sort of protection become popular very quickly, there's no feeling like on a no-rules server, where you could run into a potentially hostile player at any moment, or get your base destroyed if you don't hide it carefully enough. The stress is palpable, especially if a player finds you at your base, you know that if you aren't able to kill him you will likely lose everything. Players will often form groups in order to survive, and those that don't are generally travelling wanderers. Its not something you can really understand until you experience it, if you get what i mean ;)

--if only there were more such servers out there...
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

BlazeGamingUnltd

The reason I do not want protection mod is because it’s fun to be pranked. BUT if you are griefed:
1) You have to repair your build.
2) You have to find a way to protect it.
Really bad cases can be reported to the moderater. Just like the Hermitcraft server!(Grian is awesomeness)
-BlazeGamingUnltd

BlazeGamingUnltd

Stix wrote:Actually servers without any sort of protection become popular very quickly, there's no feeling like on a no-rules server, where you could run into a potentially hostile player at any moment, or get your base destroyed if you don't hide it carefully enough. The stress is palpable, especially if a player finds you at your base, you know that if you aren't able to kill him you will likely lose everything. Players will often form groups in order to survive, and those that don't are generally travelling wanderers. Its not something you can really understand until you experience it, if you get what i mean ;)

--if only there were more such servers out there...
You understand me!
-BlazeGamingUnltd

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

A hermitcraft server, cool. I will join it when it's on.

And I like Grian also. And I like Mumbo Jumbo.
Last edited by Miniontoby on Fri Aug 09, 2019 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

CalebJ wrote: No protection mod? Outrageous, every *good* server has it. The ones that don't are overrun with griefers and killed shortly after their beginning :-(
Exactly! Though a server may work without protection - if it is whitelisted. But then, the whitelist is just another form of protection.
BlazeGamingUnltd wrote: The reason I do not want protection mod is because it’s fun to be pranked. BUT if you are griefed:
1) You have to repair your build.
2) You have to find a way to protect it.
Really bad cases can be reported to the moderater. Just like the Hermitcraft server!(Grian is awesomeness)
Trouble is that the line between "joyful (to the one beeing pranked) prank" and "griefing (wilfull destruction)" is thin. It's certainly not impossible to increase mutual fun by modifying something built by someone else. That has been achieved in the past. It's just very very difficult. It requires you to know the person you're doing this to quite close as you have to be able to work out what will work for that particular person and what won't. In effect, the modification will require a lot of work and be a gift to the other player more than anything else. Like all gifts, you might be mistaken. After all the goal is to make the other player laugh out of joy and be glad about your gift and praise it to future visitors.

Perhaps you ought to work together with players who feel similar and mutually exchange access to protected areas on a regular server. That way you won't accidentally do something to someone who doesn't want to, have a way for players to step back if they didn't like modifications (by revoking access rights), and can even advertise your way of playing to others.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Servers that use the landrush protection mod:
minetest.boolshit.de "German Land Rush Server"
trainwrecktony.serveminecraft.net "TrainwreckTony's Topophobia Survival Server"

Servers that use the the simple_protection mod:
94.130.225.28 "Silicon Village Reload"
88.125.218.92 "The Escape"

Sauce: http://servers.minetest.net/list

Some might also only use areas + areas_marker but JSON searching in Firefox does not offer that "exclude-if" functionality.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

BlazeGamingUnltd

To all the people who understand me, "You're awesome"
Those who don't, then explain to me that why does a Minecraft server has none.
Also I don't wan't rent the server because you have to pay for it.
-BlazeGamingUnltd

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

I think what you're looking for are "sandbox servers" and "anarchy servers" - these have no protection and, in the case of the latter, little to no rules. On sa you can build, change, and destroy things.

I run a sandbox server, "THE VALLEYS" which is sandbox though not anarchy.

I don't know what you mean by "prank" but I ban griefing (e.g. flooding everywhere with water, endless pits).
There are however "anarchy servers" which are sandbox and have little to no rules (including allowing griefing).
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

BlazeGamingUnltd wrote:Those who don't, then explain to me that why does a Minecraft server has none.
i'm guessing that's because in minecraft you can build mechanical traps with triggered explosions, fading blocks, moving walls and stuff.
with that you can block others from getting near your base unless they find the secret entrance or walk a special route, avoiding stepping on trap triggers.
so it is worth to build beatifully because you can defend it to some degree.

in mintest we don't have those features, so everything becomes a free target.
if anyone would build at all, it would be just ugly cobble cubes since they are fire resistant and easy to repair.

considering all the building options we have, this is quite bland and boring.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

u18398

by u18398 » Post

BlazeGamingUnltd wrote:Can someone make a server (MCL2 or Vanilla MT) WITHOUT protection redo?
This one uses no protection at all:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22667

But what you can do is to tame lions and bears and let them guard your land.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Krock wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 17:13
Servers that use the landrush protection mod:
minetest.boolshit.de "German Land Rush Server"
trainwrecktony.serveminecraft.net "TrainwreckTony's Topophobia Survival Server"

Servers that use the the simple_protection mod:
94.130.225.28 "Silicon Village Reload"
88.125.218.92 "The Escape"

Sauce: http://servers.minetest.net/list

Some might also only use areas + areas_marker but JSON searching in Firefox does not offer that "exclude-if" functionality.
the escape server is not on the server list and the ip providet an timed out error so it may be down
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Minix
In-game: Minix

by Minix » Post

My server is currently running on a temporary world but it will return to the original soon, it is anarchy survival running on MTG with many mods, you can take a look at https://freedomtest.ddns.net