31%
Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
38%

Total votes: 29

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.7)

by CalebJ » Post

Good job, and will you add a very rare Spix's Macaw? :)

runs

by runs » Post

v2.12.8
Added Bird Stand
- Capture your parrot with the Bug Net.
- Put it on the bird stand (right-click)
Last edited by runs on Sun Aug 11, 2019 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:Good job, and will you add a very rare Spix's Macaw? :)
I think is already. The totally blue one:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Spix%27s+Maca ... &ia=images

CalebJ

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.8)

by CalebJ » Post

That's the Hyacinth Macaw. Spix's Macaw is light blue, with a cream colored head.

Great job on the bird stand, this is lovely! :)

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Bug hunter report :)

- server crashes when using a whistle, but pet is too far away from you:

Code: Select all

2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnUse(): /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: in function 'distance'
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api_whistle.lua:39: in function 'create_form_list_by_owner'
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api_whistle.lua:12: in function </home/mars/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api_whistle.lua:9>

- guard button does not work with bears. Lions yes. But bears seem to run away from everyone after clicking on guard XD

- player reporting that breeding camels and/or ponies work, but that the numbers x/x/x seem not to have an effect of the speed when riding them.

runs

by runs » Post

v2.12.9
- Fixed: Crash when petz far away and whistle.
- Fixed: Grizzly does not guard.
- Fixed: Camel Breed broken. Now they have to be breeded with syringe like ponies.
Last edited by runs on Sun Aug 11, 2019 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Gundul wrote:Bug hunter report :)
- server crashes when using a whistle, but pet is too far away from you:

Code: Select all

2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback item_OnUse(): /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: in function 'distance'
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api_whistle.lua:39: in function 'create_form_list_by_owner'
2019-08-11 16:55:37: ERROR[Main]:       /.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api_whistle.lua:12: in function </home/mars/.minetest/mods/petz
/petz/api_whistle.lua:9>
I think is fixed now, but not tested a lot.

- guard button does not work with bears. Lions yes. But bears seem to run away from everyone after clicking on guard XD
Fixed.
- player reporting that breeding camels and/or ponies work, but that the numbers x/x/x seem not to have an effect of the speed when riding them.
The camel breed was broken. Now to breed them use a syringe.

The speed effect. Well, the velocity of ponies/camel are from 1 to 10, 10/10/10 is the limit.

I think that high numbers have a noticeable speed effect. I check it and it is that way.

Natural spawned ponies/camels are limited to 4/4/4 max. This implies slow animals. But you can get even a 1/1/1.

If you breed them you can get even a slower baby pony, and maybe a 6 number in the triad.

The achievement of breeding is get a perfect, pony/camel, this is, a 10/10/10. But you have to breed the better ponies a lot of times. It is no easy at all. It is a hard challengue.

The method is:
- 1/2/3 means a velocity of 1 for forward, 2 for backward and 3 is the acceleration. So the first number of the triad is the most important.
- Naturally spawned ponies/camels have speed statistics from 1/1/1 to 4/4/4. This means that spawned ponies/camels are slow animals (40% of the speed limit in the best case).
- The hypothetical fastest pony would be a 10/10/10. You have to breed the natural ponies/camels to achieve faster ones.
- Keep in mind that even fast parents can procreate a slow child. So you'll have to breed several times to get an optimal child.
- The method is to breed parents with high speed statistics to get the best descendants, then select the fastest descendants to continue breeding them. This is a very slow process. Be patient.
Last edited by runs on Mon Aug 12, 2019 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.9)

by runs » Post

Well, I check the whistle for very distant petz. And the limit to call them is 70 in my game. More distance implies the pets not appearing in the whistle list.

This should be cause of unloaded areas.

runs

by runs » Post

Weel, I think I am not going to fix the whistle. Currently is more realistic, only mobs will be listed/called if in the area. :-D

I will work better in a rhino mob and safari mode: hunter rifle and decorative heads to put in walls :-D

runs

by runs » Post

v2.12.10
-[mobkit] Now animals do not jump the fences. This habilitates to create barns.
-Fixed: The random backward speed in spawned mountable mobs should be lower than the forward backward speed.
Last edited by runs on Mon Aug 12, 2019 00:11, edited 3 times in total.

CalebJ

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.10)

by CalebJ » Post

Rhino mob? Image Did someone say rhinoceroses? :-) (yes, that is my texture, lol)
I'm all in! But make the hunting stuff in a safari mode like you said, so that not everyone has to kill the creatures, LOL :D

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

runs wrote: - The hypothetical faster pony would be a 10/10/10. You have to breed the natural ponies/camels to achieve faster ones.
- Keep in mind that even fast parents can procreate a slow child. So you'll have to breed several times to get an optimal child.
- The method is to breed parents with high speed statistics to get the best descendants, then select the fastest descendants to continue breeding them. This is a very slow process. Be patient.
Selective breeding, finally :) I think this might be the first sandbox game with such a concept, I once searched for one but never could find it. +10!!

runs

by runs » Post

CalebJ wrote:
runs wrote: - The hypothetical fastest pony would be a 10/10/10. You have to breed the natural ponies/camels to achieve faster ones.
Selective breeding, finally :) I think this might be the first sandbox game with such a concept, I once searched for one but never could find it. +10!!
Darwin.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.10)

by runs » Post

v2.12.11
-Mobs do not jump fence gates at least they open.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

runs wrote: The camel breed was broken. Now to breed them use a syringe.

The speed effect. Well, the velocity of ponies/camel are from 1 to 10, 10/10/10 is the limit.

I think that high numbers have a noticeable speed effect. I check it and it is that way.

Natural spawned ponies/camels are limited to 4/4/4 max. This implies slow animals. But you can get even a 1/1/1.

If you breed them you can get even a slower baby pony, and maybe a 6 number in the triad.

The achievement of breeding is get a perfect, pony/camel, this is, a 10/10/10. But you have to breed the better ponies a lot of times. It is no easy at all. It is a hard challengue.

The method is:
- 1/2/3 means a velocity of 1 for forward, 2 for backward and 3 is the acceleration. So the first number of the triad is the most important.
- Naturally spawned ponies/camels have speed statistics from 1/1/1 to 4/4/4. This means that spawned ponies/camels are slow animals (40% of the speed limit in the best case).
- The hypothetical fastest pony would be a 10/10/10. You have to breed the natural ponies/camels to achieve faster ones.
Thanks for explaining. It is much clearer now, how it works.

We should build a stadium now for camel and pony races :)

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.11)

by runs » Post

v2.12.12
-Fixed regression: Pets do not follow down one node, only up.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v2.12.12)

by Inocudom » Post

Well...
Inocudom wrote:
runs wrote:Oh, I've forgotten that the moth is already available in the last version.
Moth
- It spawns only at night on the coniferous forest.
- It will die when daylight comes, unless it would be in a dark place for protection, i.e. a cave or a closed box. It needs some obscurity, not a totally dark place.

I will add more behaviours as to being attracted by a torch put on the ground. The problem now is that the flying birds have an erratic (very bad) following path.
I will keep these little guys as pets and give them a big home to live in.
Thus I went and...
Inocudom wrote:Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEF3sPFjR70
Thanks to runs adding E:-3 death's head hawk moths E:-3 to his petz mod those little winged friends can now be in Minetest. Look at the weird house I built for them... Anyway, I think this video sucks less than my previous ones.
Thanks for those lovable little critters.

runs

by runs » Post

You're welcome. Cool.

runs

by runs » Post

Cooming soon.
Silkworm!
Moth->Egg->Silkworm->Cocoon(Silk)->Moth

runs

by runs » Post

v2.13
Silkworn!
- It spawn naturally on coniferous forests.
- It eats all kind of leaves.

Moth/Silkworm Cycle

Moth->Egg->Silkworm->Cocoon(Silk)->Moth

- Moth from time to time will descend to ground and if leaves then it lays 3 eggs. These will be the unique eggs this moth lay.
- After one day those eggs hatch, a silkworn will appear (all or 2 or 1).
- After one day the silkworm turn into a cocoon.
- After one day (only at night) a moth will birth.

Silk Farm
- You can get cocoons. A cocoon is silk indeed.
- Also you can capture or breed moths/silkworns to make a Silk Farm.
- Create a closed facility. Create a bed of leaves. Put inside some moths and/or silkworns. The moths will lay eggs and silkworns will turn into cocoons (be care: they will eat the leaves too).

Spinning Wheel
- Create a Spinning Wheel to get Silk Bobbins. Its a one node size item, so put on a node-table.

Instructions to craft a Spinnig Wheel:
- A previous bobbin has to be created by hand (3 sticks and 6 silkworm coccons)
- You have to note that making bobbins by hand is more expensive (the double) than in the spinning wheel.
- The first time your place a Spinning Wheel, that bobbin is already incorporated, only you have to add two more.

Instructions to use:
- You need to put in the Spinning Wheel (right-click) 3 Silkworns Cocoons. Then a Silk Bobbin will be created. Right-click again to get the bobbin.

Prince Armor
It requires the 3D Armor mod!
You can create a super expensive and exquisite Prince Armor thanks to silk.
Last edited by runs on Sat Aug 17, 2019 16:27, edited 3 times in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) [mobs_redo|mobkit] (v3.0)

by Sokomine » Post

runs wrote: Spinning Wheel
- Create a Spinning Wheel to get Silk Bobbins. Its a one node size item, so put on a node-table.
Oh! That's nice. I love machines for creating other things. The worms are also intresting. Not so simple mobs has some roaming around as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Really nice progress here! Now I need to do a git pull :D

u18398

by u18398 » Post

runs wrote:v2.13
Silkworn!
- It spawn naturally on coniferous forests.
- It eats all kind of leaves.
So funny :D they even come in different colors. My new favorite pet :)

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Gundul wrote:So funny :D they even come in different colors. My new favorite pet :)
Same. I love these little buggers :)

u18398

by u18398 » Post

runs wrote: Spinning Wheel
- You need to put in the Spinning Wheel (right-click) 3 Silkworns Cocoons. Then a Silk Bobbin will be created. Right-click again to get the bobbin.
A little problem with the spinning wheel:
If no bobbin in your inventory no new bobbin will be added.
Only if you already own a bobbin, newly made are added to the existing one.
This will work until one stack is full, then again no new bobbins will appear in inv