This model crashes the game

Red_King_Cyclops

This model crashes the game

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

I'm new to Blender and so far I've been able to make a basic space rocket model. For some reason, when ever I load it in game, Minetest crashes. I knew that the model was terrible, but I did not suspect that it would cause the game to crash. The file was originally a .blend file, but I renamed it to a .b3d file. What have I done wrong?

The download for the rocket model is here.

Edit: as it turns out, .b3d files are very different from .blend files. Is it possible to convert a blend file into a .b3d file?
Currently working on new mods.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: This model crashes the game

by twoelk » Post

you might want to study the links in the B3D exporter for Blender thread or consult the Using Blender page at the wiki.

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

twoelk wrote:you might want to study the links in the B3D exporter for Blender thread or consult the Using Blender page at the wiki.
By using Blender export I was able to make a .obj file, and that shows up in game.
Currently working on new mods.

R-One

by R-One » Post

Hello,

the b3d format allows you to make animated entities with the bones in blender, this is also called rigging.

So everything depends on what you want to do, a static node that you can still move around the world with the move_to method, so the obj format will suffice

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L5395

To animate a mob or a pnj, etc ... which will be animated, you will use the bones and the format .b3D