Looking for a mesh animator

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

Looking for a mesh animator

by Steamed_Punk » Post

I obviously haven't been around long yet so i am not even sure if this is good practice or even done within the community. I don't know how or if you help each other in such a way. If not then i apologize in advance and i will get my head down for a little longer until i can do it myself

I started using blender (for minetest) less than a month ago, my mods are almost done!
I have built the mesh for a Teepee, a campfire and a buffalo mob. Everything has been textured which took me 3 days to understand and get right (It's been a long and educative month so far).
I have tried following this tutorial for the mob animation, but the blender versions are different and as a noob, i am having a real hard time with blender, it seems over complicated compared to what i am used to modelling with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9SYMw3UaSk

Obviously it's something i need to and will learn, but each step needs time, i could really use some help until then. This is basically all that is preventing me from releasing my first mod.

So if someone out there has the time and would like to help then i am open arms. It goes without saying that all due credit and appreciation will be openly shown and given. If not, I understand.

I don't mind building the occasional model and texturing to help others and the community.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: Looking for a mesh animator

by Nathan.S » Post

What are you trying to animate? I can probably give you a hand.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Nathan.S wrote:What are you trying to animate? I can probably give you a hand.
That would be great!

Hoping i followed your tutorials correctly.....
I have rebuilt the cow into a buffalo so i am guessing more or less the same animation as the cow. They are both grazers and can be defensive. Obviously it all depends on the time you have available as to how fluid, and how many different animations you could manage in that time so i would be more than happy with just walking to remove the sliding effect. What would you need from me? Just the blend file and texture? Or anything else?

If you could do this then please let me know the best way to get things to you?

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

All I would need is the blend file, texture while nice wouldn't be necessary.
If you are planning on putting the mod on GitHub a link to that would be fine, otherwise you can email it to me, --@--.com
I'd be happy to walk you through the process via a screen share or something similar if you'd like.
Last edited by Nathan.S on Fri Sep 06, 2019 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Sent...So many thanks.

github is underway, everything will go there eventually..... https://steamed-punk.github.io/