[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.3]

thomasthespacefox
GitHub: ThomasTheSpaceFox
IRC: ThomasJaguar1212
In-game: thomasthespacefox

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.0.1 TSS]

by thomasthespacefox » Post

orwell wrote:Hm, I would like adding them as new wagons instead of replacing the old textures. But nice work thomas!
The displays are on my wishlist too.
Id be happy to see them added as a new wagon! I mean, its not like that would be hard, as its only a texture swap.

Thomas-S
GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

by Thomas-S » Post

gpcf wrote:I really want to make a font for the LED display, so it can show destinations....
Maybe font_api is helpful for this idea.

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

gpcf wrote:I really want to make a font for the LED display, so it can show destinations....
Nice, and don't forget the in-train display.

@orwell: also, can you please implement something that says "Waiting for preceeding train" when the train stops in front of a signal? (Similar to "Next stop: ..." in station/stop tracks)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Custom signals - texturing?

by Blockhead » Post

Hellouw! I would like to make a custom signalset. I have tried using the same approach as the ks signals, but I seem to have missed something in the texturing step. Also blend file for the ks signals (signal_ks_singlemesh_final.blend) seems to only work in 2.79. See my thread in the problems subforum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22990

Edit: I received help in that thread. You have to set the export to include Material Groups.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Imk
In-game: Imk

by Imk » Post

Tell me how to make the rails switch automatically.
The semaphore works normally. On the platform the composition enters, the red lights up. At this moment I want the arrow to switch to another line. What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler

Attachments
screenshot_20190910_172433.jpg
screenshot_20190910_172433.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
screenshot_20190910_172421.jpg
screenshot_20190910_172421.jpg (70.92 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
screenshot_20190910_172351.jpg
screenshot_20190910_172351.jpg (137.68 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

h-v-smacker
GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

Imk wrote:Tell me how to make the rails switch automatically.
The semaphore works normally. On the platform the composition enters, the red lights up. At this moment I want the arrow to switch to another line. What am I doing wrong?
In case someone wonders, "arrow" → switch and "composition" → train. I guess some dictionary/google translate didn't do a good job guessing which of the translations to use.

Положение стрелочного перевода изменяется только при применении того или иного маршрута, проходящего через стрелку. Сам по себе он в исходное положение не вернётся, что-то может измениться, только когда следующий состав подъедет к светофору и запросит другой маршрут, до тех пор стрелка будет продолжать находится в том положении, которое предписывал последний маршрут. Положение концевиков задаётся при изначальном построении маршрута, для этого нужно установить стрелку в нужное положение и кликнуть на ней, но судя по картинке с этим проблем и нет. Если стрелка не была таким образом включена в маршрут, то при применении маршрута её положение останется таким же, каким и было, никакого контроля нет.

TL;DR: switches only change their position when routes are applied, they don't switch to some "default" or "standby" positions.
Last edited by h-v-smacker on Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

Imk

by Imk » Post

h-v-smacker спс, не совсем понял довай здесь поговорим, а то кикнут пост что на русском viewtopic.php?p=356715#p356715

untiltoday
In-game: ParalyzeEntertain

by untiltoday » Post

Hi. Is it possible for mobs to get into trains?

Imk

by Imk » Post

no can not. the train can only bring them down

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

Imk, I mean it theoretically. I guess it would be easy to add, at least if the developers of both advtrains and mob-generating mods collaborate.

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

untiltoday wrote:Imk, I mean it theoretically. I guess it would be easy to add, at least if the developers of both advtrains and mob-generating mods collaborate.
As far as I know players are attached onto wagons when getting on and detached from wagons when getting off. It should also be possible to attach mobs onto wagons as mobs are, like players and trains, also objects, but it would require every individual mob to have a unique id (or something like that) to make sure that not all of the same mob are attached onto the same wagon (which would very likely overload the wagon).
Also, how would you let mobs get off trains?
Imk wrote:no can not. the train can only bring them down
I think I saw some code somewhere that makes wagons accept only players.

Imk

by Imk » Post

Untiltoday, usually mobs are loaded with a chunk where there is a player and disappear when he is not. Or do you want to transport the tame pet? It’s easier to put them in inventory and then in a freight car. Or write a mod for it all.Since the trains are moving and not in the loaded chunks, thanks to the development of our mod. In minecraft, non-submerged chunk trains generally did not work. There they got out of the situation was a carriage with special blocks that loaded chunks along the train.
Spoiler
Attachments
screenshot_20190916_031739.jpg
screenshot_20190916_031739.jpg (94.24 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

Imk, I was thinking of Followers in working_villages. Right now they seem to be too stupid to even get through a door easily though. How many players can ride in the same passenger wagon at the same time? I know you can look around while being in one, but not move inside it.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

Hm, from a quick look at the code, it appears that villagers are purely objects. They have no global ID or similar contraptions. Thus, advtrains can't keep track of them when they're unloaded.

It would be complicated, if not impossible, to make them ride trains.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

Imk

by Imk » Post

Orwell hi, thanks for your work.
I would like to know if there will be a tender car?
After reading the first 25 pages of this section (no longer mastered). I saw that I was not the only one to raise this question.
Functionality is also required.
The tender could be refueled with water and coal.
A steam locomotive should consume resources of water, any wood, foliage.
The steam locomotive should have a firebox where it was possible to throw a bucket of water and a tree for the first time.
An advanced option is the consumption of these resources from the tender.
For children, of course, and for adults, I want to play the tune. In locomotives, two signals are short and long, we have one. There is also a special sign before moving and entering the station to give a sound signal. We could implement this with a special rail by going to which train would emit a sound signal.
Spoiler
Spotlights and side lights are very necessary

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

I see the Green Book is as popular as ever!

Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

Imk

by Imk » Post

h-v-smacker wrote:I see the Green Book is as popular as ever!
My grandfather drove more steam engines, uncle diesel. I am not a driver or assistant, I can drive (CHMU TEP 60, etc.) and I know the rules. The book that on the left I remember lying in the attic of my grandfather)))
For me, the shock of how much the grandfather of coal threw a shovel into the furnace while working as an assistant to steam engines Kerch-Simferopol. That's why he said how good it is to be a diesel engine driver later and he worked.
Spoiler
Слушай, не могу понять как заставить несколько маршрутов работать одновременно.
у меня теперь в симофоре есть и зеленый и красный маршрут. но работает только один который я запустил и потом поставил автомат.
Например (придумал на ходу): есть зеленый маршрут (*) который отправляет на лево
также есть красный в котором указан поезд LN 8 прямо.

запускаю маршрут зеленый
но при подходе состава помеченный LN8
не как не реагирует как был запущенный зеленый маршрут так и остался

Подскажи как правильно включать чтобы маршруты выбирались из списка маршрутов?

Даже в мануале есть намеки что они должны работать.
Если явное правило ARS не соответствует поезду,
то выбирается и устанавливается маршрут по умолчанию.
Если маршрут по умолчанию отсутствует,
ничего не происходит и сигнал остается красным.
Last edited by Imk on Wed Sep 18, 2019 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

Imk wrote:
Слушай, не могу понять как заставить несколько маршрутов работать одновременно.
у меня теперь в симофоре есть и зеленый и красный маршрут. но работает только один который я запустил и потом поставил автомат.
Например (придумал на ходу): есть зеленый маршрут (*) который отправляет на лево
также есть красный в котором указан поезд LN 8 прямо.

запускаю маршрут зеленый
но при подходе состава помеченный LN8
не как не реагирует как был запущенный зеленый маршрут так и остался

Подскажи как правильно включать чтобы маршруты выбирались из списка маршрутов?

Даже в мануале есть намеки что они должны работать.
Если явное правило ARS не соответствует поезду,
то выбирается и устанавливается маршрут по умолчанию.
Если маршрут по умолчанию отсутствует,
ничего не происходит и сигнал остается красным.
There are three ways to set a route: manual, automatic working, automatic route setting. Manual setting only works once, of course. Automatic working sets the same route over and over again, ignoring rules (if any). Once the train passes, it enables the same route and sets the entrance signal to green. ARS only sets a route on approach, follows the rules, and sets the signal green only momentarily when the train is passing through. So if you have more than one route to set — then automatic working cannot be used. ARS will do, as long as the signal says "ARS Enabled".

Есть три способа установить маршрут: вручную, с автоматическим восстановлением (AW), с автоматическим выбором (ARS). Установленный вручную маршрут работает, конечно, только один раз. При использовании AW один и тот же маршрут будет устанавливаться снова и снова, правила будут игнорироваться. Как только состав пройдет участок, такой сигнал снова зарезервирует указанный маршрут и установит входной зелёный. ARS устанавливает маршруты по правилам, при подходе поезда к сигналу, и зелёный зажигается только на момент прохода состава через границу участков. Так что при необходимости чередовать несколько маршрутов AW использовать нельзя. ARS будет работать, главное чтобы в меню сигнала было написано "ARS Enabled".

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

orwell,

IIRC, the OpenAI mod had mobs that could ride in carts. Not sure how unloaded chunks were handled, if at all.

There must be some way that mobs_redo keeps track of mobs, because I can leave an area and come back and have the same mobs in that area.

This might be more a topic of conversation for TenPlus1 and mobs_redo, and the other mob mods, like Mobkit.

On a different note, is it possible to attach any entity? It would be nice to have the log car show logs when loaded, and nothing when empty. The same for some of the other trucks.

Shad

theFox
GitHub: theFox6
In-game: theFox

by theFox » Post

About npc's riding trains:
untiltoday wrote:I was thinking of Followers in working_villages.
they can run behind the train if they detect the player within...
(edit: I mean they already can but the train will probably get too fast for them)
untiltoday wrote:I guess it would be easy to add, at least if the developers of both advtrains and mob-generating mods collaborate.
Sure, there would need to be some kind of api. Another mod should be able to ask for entry points into the train, then ask for attachment of the mob and finally for detaching.
But the npc's would still need to decide when to go into the train on their own.
Last edited by theFox on Wed Sep 18, 2019 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
my mods and subgames (ง'̀-'́)ง

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

Imk wrote:Untiltoday, usually mobs are loaded with a chunk where there is a player and disappear when he is not. Or do you want to transport the tame pet? It’s easier to put them in inventory and then in a freight car.
I guess cats must be transported in cat carriers and horses in stock cars, or else the cat's owner or the horse could lose some health (or the horse stay outside and be in danger). However, that would have to be a pref and only available when pet carriers and stock cars are used in the game, because complaining about that is like complaining about the ability to carry hundreds of wagons and dragons with you. Stock cars would be used automatically though, if attached to the train, so the issues would only concern trains without a stock car.
Spoiler
Наверное, кошек лучше перевозить в переносках, а лошадей — в специальных вагонах, иначе везущий кошку или лошадь могут потерять немножко здоровья (или лошадь останется снаружи, в опасности). Однако это должно быть настройкой, доступной только при наличии в игре необходимого, а то это будет как жаловаться на возможность носить с собой кучу вагонов и драконов. Вагоны для скота можно тогда использовать автоматически, если есть в составе, а проблемы будут с составами без него.

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

theFox wrote:About npc's riding trains:
untiltoday wrote:I was thinking of Followers in working_villages.
they can run behind the train if they detect the player within...
At 70 km/h? Would they become invisible and follow the train closely to avoid collisions, and Torchers stop putting torches? Makes sense for mobs that can fit in a wagon together with the player (from my player-only POV).

Imk

by Imk » Post

Untiltoday i understood one thing that you have an idea. So that residents behave like posazhira. They moved around the stations, waiting for the train. And then the port would come to life would not be so without crowded.
For animals, as in the real world, you need a box. You can implement the form of a device that packs them there and gives them.
I think this is the topic of a whole mod pack, but who would dare to write such a thing. If orwell will do all this, we will torture him)

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

Imk wrote:If orwell will do all this, we will torture him)
I'm afraid he might misunderstand that part of your message! :D

It will be helpful if, when using machine translation, you always put your original Russian text into

Code: Select all

[spoiler=по-русски]текст[/spoiler]

untiltoday

by untiltoday » Post

The idea was born when I didn't know that you can't move inside a wagon. So it was more about a crowd inside a wagon; at least I was wondering about how it looks to ride a train with another player.

Is it possible to implement walking inside a wagon at all? Apparently being in a wagon is currently done by Minetest through the attachment of the player node to a train node? Does a wagon consist of only one node, or is it multiple nodes? If it's the latter, then the wagon's properties could include also the inner area, and the player could move between the nodes inside that area... Although, if you can only attach a node to the middle of another node, without any offset, the movement would be discrete. A bigger problem, in my opinion, is that players would be more likely to forget not to punch the wagon.
Spoiler
Идея появилась, когда я не знал, что внутри вагона нельзя ходить. Так что это было скорее о толпе внутри вагона; по крайней мере, я думал о том, как выглядит ехать в вагоне с другим игроком.

Можно ли вообще реализовать хождение внутри вагона? Похоже, что нахождение в вагоне сейчас делается MT через прикрепление узла игрока к узлу вагона? Вагон состоит из только одного узла, или из нескольких? Если нескольких, то можно было бы добавить в свойства вагона ещё и его внутреннюю площадь, и игрок мог бы перемещаться между узлами внутри этой площади... Хотя, если узлы можно прикреплять только к центру другого узла, без всякого смещения, перемещение будет дискретным. Большая проблема, по-моему, в том, что игроки будут чаще забывать, что не надо бить по вагону.