[Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

Buddler
In-game: Buddler
Location: Sometimes Redwood Island, sometimes Chillville, otherwise Germany

Re: Regional rail map!

by Buddler » Post

Is there any way for a LinuxWorks player to get a user account?
Blockhead wrote:After a laborious session of map-making long into the night, I am pleased to present the LinuxWorks server regional railway map!
A few lines seem to be missing like the Mom Express that extends east from Mom Junction with another two stations. (Or is Mom Express shut down permanently?)

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

Re: [Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

by orwell » Post

https://wiki.linux-forks.de/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin wrote:Log in using the username and password from the LinuxWorks Minetest server.
gabriel has set up the wiki to query the Minetest server account
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Buddler wrote: A few lines seem to be missing like the Mom Express that extends east from Mom Junction with another two stations. (Or is Mom Express shut down permanently?)
The map shows current railway lines, I did not find any Mom Express service when visiting around and I do not know of its existence.

Honestly the whole network is a bit malleable: I haven't seen E31 to Hippodrome operating recently. But the map is definitely up to date; I even had to introduce the nanepiwer (NAN) after it was added over night while making this map.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

Buddler wrote:
Is there any way for a LinuxWorks player to get a user account?
I am quite sure that you haven't read the wiki because it's written on the Main Page:
Please, don't make me magnify a page to 200% again.
Buddler wrote:
Blockhead wrote:After a laborious session of map-making long into the night, I am pleased to present the LinuxWorks server regional railway map!
A few lines seem to be missing like the Mom Express that extends east from Mom Junction with another two stations. (Or is Mom Express shut down permanently?)
Please take into account that this map will be used as a reference of lines that are currently in operation. We don't want people complaining like "I have been waiting for an hour and the train isn't here yet."
If you aren't sure, please read the Wiki. Lines that are not on the Wiki are very likely not in operation.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-08-11 12-53-34.png
Screenshot from 2019-08-11 12-53-34.png (243.79 KiB) Viewed 1886 times

h-v-smacker
GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Buddler wrote: A few lines seem to be missing like the Mom Express that extends east from Mom Junction with another two stations. (Or is Mom Express shut down permanently?)
The map shows current railway lines, I did not find any Mom Express service when visiting around and I do not know of its existence.

Honestly the whole network is a bit malleable: I haven't seen E31 to Hippodrome operating recently. But the map is definitely up to date; I even had to introduce the nanepiwer (NAN) after it was added over night while making this map.
And yet you didn't add either of the two east-bound trains from Stallmangrad, which have been there since forever.

Also you forgot one stop (before KDW) for NAN.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

nanepiwo
GitHub: nanepiwo
IRC: nanepiwo or nane
In-game: nanepiwo

by nanepiwo » Post

That's a lot of new trains! Why aren't they on the wiki? And I am honored to have a line in my honor. Shame that this means we won't be retracing the ugly worldedited southern rails anytime soon.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

nanepiwo wrote:That's a lot of new trains!
The train network is always growing. I would not find it worth mentioning.
nanepiwo wrote:Why aren't they on the wiki?
The mainline network is too large, so I guess we'll still need some time to finish writing about these lines.
nanepiwo wrote:Shame that this means we won't be retracing the ugly worldedited southern rails anytime soon.
You can write about your proposal on the wiki.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Regional Rail Map Update

by Blockhead » Post

In response to Smacker's comments I have added Onionland to the map plus added the Ping Wing and Smashing Maneuver that are at Stallmangrad. Continued feedback on what might be missing is welcome.

I've decided not to include the Mom Shuttle - I feel like it doesn't meet the requirements for notability on a regional scale map.

I've also scaled it down to a sensible size and added hyperlinks in the SVG source to relevant wiki pages. So it's a clickable map now, except that there's no way to embed it nicely in MediaWiki.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Just duplicate the message here. Perhaps the server owner read it, but forgot to write an answer.
We are all polite people :)
Attachments
2019-9-20 21-56-9.png
2019-9-20 21-56-9.png (40.77 KiB) Viewed 1886 times

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

@MoNTE48 Hi, I have a question to you (Sorry, it is not about this topic now)... but how did you change your name in the forum? This would be interesting to me : )
My english can cause brain cancer

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

waldberg wrote:@MoNTE48 Hi, I have a question to you (Sorry, it is not about this topic now)... but how did you change your name in the forum? This would be interesting to me : )
(Hi. I wrote to one of the moderators and he was very kind and did it for me. I will not say his name, sorry)

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

Oh Okay, Thanks

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:Just duplicate the message here. Perhaps the server owner read it, but forgot to write an answer.
The running joke about Multikraft is because a number of people have been complaining about having to watch adds and other weird issues that are not present in the official client.

The server is rather taxing for users of mobile clients, especially if they are using low-end devices, and it's not unusual for them to simply timeout. But that's another story.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

h-v-smacker wrote:
MoNTE48 wrote:Just duplicate the message here. Perhaps the server owner read it, but forgot to write an answer.
The running joke about Multikraft is because a number of people have been complaining about having to watch adds and other weird issues that are not present in the official client.

The server is rather taxing for users of mobile clients, especially if they are using low-end devices, and it's not unusual for them to simply timeout. But that's another story.
Well, the real "MultiCraft", has no ads and fixes a lot of problems that are present in the official client 0.4.17. Of course, it does not give the mouse and keyboard to mobile players, as well as powerful hardware, but I optimized the client so much that it was possible to get 30+ FPS on mobile devices that are 5 years old!

It’s a little unpleasant for me to see such “jokes”. If you want to name all the dishonest mobile forks of Minetest by a name that uses a single honest fork...

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:
h-v-smacker wrote:

Well, the real "MultiCraft", has no ads and fixes a lot of problems that are present in the official client 0.4.17. Of course, it does not give the mouse and keyboard to mobile players, as well as powerful hardware, but I optimized the client so much that it was possible to get 30+ FPS on mobile devices that are 5 years old!

It’s a little unpleasant for me to see such “jokes”. If you want to name all the dishonest mobile forks of Minetest by a name that uses a single honest fork...
You are welcome to submit an alternative humorous poster for consideration.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Afaik this server has not done anything against mobile users. Some moderators give users xban records for using non-official clients, but this does not necessarily mean anything against mobile users and/or non-official clients (there are also non-official clients for PC, and some users compile their own clients) as long as nothing against the server rules is done.
Also, writing about user avatar(s) is really off topic here.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

yw05 wrote:Afaik this server has not done anything against mobile users. Some moderators give users xban records for using non-official clients, but this does not necessarily mean anything against mobile users and/or non-official clients (there are also non-official clients for PC, and some users compile their own clients) as long as nothing against the server rules is done.
Well, this is the avatar of the server owner and can also be seen instead of the server logotype in the wiki.
I assumed that this server is against mobile players or/and unofficial client players. And I have to remove it from my client, if necessary.

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:
yw05 wrote:Afaik this server has not done anything against mobile users. Some moderators give users xban records for using non-official clients, but this does not necessarily mean anything against mobile users and/or non-official clients (there are also non-official clients for PC, and some users compile their own clients) as long as nothing against the server rules is done.
Well, this is the avatar of the server owner and can also be seen instead of the server logotype in the wiki.
I assumed that this server is against mobile players or/and unofficial client players. And I have to remove it from my client, if necessary.
Relax, man, nobody on LinuxForks ever had a problem just because they were using a mobile client. We cannot be called mobile-friendly because of the ton of heavy mods we're employing, but obviously not because we discriminate or persecute mobile users.

And the avatar in question is itself a pun on "Atomkraft? Nein Danke" sign. Which is itself sort of weird, given there are nuclear reactors on LinuxForks.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

h-v-smacker wrote:Relax, man, nobody on LinuxForks ever had a problem just because they were using a mobile client. We cannot be called mobile-friendly because of the ton of heavy mods we're employing, but obviously not because we discriminate or persecute mobile users.

And the avatar in question is itself a pun on "Atomkraft? Nein Danke" sign. Which is itself sort of weird, given there are nuclear reactors on LinuxForks.
Haha, I get it. Then my fears are in vain.
I would appreciate a change in avatar/wiki logo, anyway.
But if mobile players are allowed, I have nothing to worry about. You have a good server :)
---
By the way, with lossless compression, I reduced the size of some textures by ~ two times.
8.30 KB -> 4.02 KB Leanified: 4.28 KB (51.55%)
5.75 KB -> 1.76 KB Leanified: 3.99 KB (69.36%)
27.28 KB -> 18.88 KB Leanified: 8.40 KB (30.79%)
17.29 KB -> 14.16 KB Leanified: 3.12 KB (18.06%)

I’m not sure how to do PR, but I’m sure that this would significantly speed up server loading and reduce the amount of traffic transmitted.

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

No ads? lol. Why is then the source code full of code to show ads? https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... oped_q=ads

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

gpcf wrote:No ads? lol. Why is then the source code full of code to show ads? https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... oped_q=ads
Because there is a check that disables ads in multiplayer. 1 ad every 30 minutes in a single player game, is that too much for you?

Code: Select all

void notifyServerConnect(bool is_multiplayer) {
#ifdef ADS
		ads_allow(!is_multiplayer);
#endif
	}

void notifyExitGame() {
#ifdef ADS
		ads_allow(true);
#endif
	}

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

MoNTE48 wrote:
gpcf wrote:No ads? lol. Why is then the source code full of code to show ads? https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... oped_q=ads
Because there is a check that disables ads in multiplayer. 1 ad every 30 minutes in a single player game, is that too much for you?
I dunno about you, but to me that is one ad per half-an-hour too much actually.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

h-v-smacker wrote:I dunno about you, but to me that is one ad per half-an-hour too much actually.
Well, if it's too much, the player can turn off the Internet, go to multiplayer, compile the game without ads from the source code, or delete the game and buy Minecraft.
Offtop here...

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Multicraft is the 'friendliest' commercial Android fork of Minetest, Monte has contributed back many times. People like to hate on it because it's the most popular commercial fork, and people don't like the idea of things being commercial/having ads
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

People do not hate it just because it shows ads but they hate it because its money is flowing into people, who must not get this money.
Like a publisher of a Minetest fork. The code of these forks are based on the code of Minetest. And it is identical how munch it bases on the Minetest code, the fork publisher must not get money through the fork although it is legal. Because people have to regard morally values and not only licenses. Otherwise Minetest will die.
People who may get this money are people who took part in implementing the technical roots, formations and all pertinent ideas for the game, and not people who just use the code.

And... not everybody, who took part in it got some money, which was won through ads of forks.

MoNTE48 wrote:Well, the real "MultiCraft", has no ads
Yes it has.

MoNTE48 wrote:We are all polite people :)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14057#p207802