Placing schematics with chests

Stronk

Placing schematics with chests

by Stronk » Post

I tried searching a bit for this and saw a little bit of other people having problem with Technic chests in schematics. I had the same issue so I switched to the default chest. Now I'm seeing an entirely new issue. With the technic chests, they were just blocks. Not even chests. Now with the default chests, they are still chests but their inventory isn't recognized. It's just a blank grey screen with my inventory. If I click where the inventory is supposed to be it says...

Code: Select all

GUIFormSpecMenu::drawList(): The inventory location "nodemeta:16,46,23" doesn't exist
Is this common with everyone or does this relate to an inventory mod I am using? It wasn't doing this before so I'm concerned. I'd like to share my schematics eventually without instructions to replace EVERY single chest with a new one.

solars

Re: Placing schematics with chests

by solars » Post

The mts-files don't save the metadata. The we-files do.

In WorldEdit it is "//save" instead of "//mtschemcreate" and "//load" instead of "//mtschemplace".
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Yes, with the official MT schematic format '.mts' you have to initialise any node that should contain metadata, such as chests.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

My handle_schematics mod at least initializes the nodes so that chests, furnaces etc. will work. It doesn't really save and load metadata yet.
A list of my mods can be found here.