MinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

Re: MinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Did you maybe reset all accounts at some point so that when I logged in after that, I actually registered a new account without knowing, but at the same time I entered a different password (because of typo or whatever) at the worst possible moment and from that point on, I was stuck with that new password.

Could you just reset/delete my account (“Wuzzy”) so I can try again? Send me a PM when it is ready.

By the way, Minetest's account system has SERIOUS usability problems and in desperate need of improvement IMO, it is so intransparent to the user and easy to accidentally kill an account by entering the password on the first login (=silent account registration!), and, and, and …
Same too plz with "TailsTheFox"
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@TailsTheFoxeDoes MT
@Wuzzy
I sent a Private Message for both of you and reset your password to a value.

Please try to reconnect you with this password and tell us if everything is ok, now ;)

Hope it will solve your issues! And I agree, the accounts system of Minetest has a serious problem, we very often reset password or have corrupted player files...
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Wed Aug 03, 2016 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:@TailsTheFoxeDoes MT
@Wuzzy
I sent a Private Message for both of you and reset your password to a value.

Please try to reconnect you with this password and tell us if everything if ok, now ;)

Hope it will solve your issues! And I agree, the accounts system of Minetest has a serious problem, we very often reset password or have corrupted player files...
Ikr. Come ON! Why does it do dis?!
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I enjoyed this server. This type of game is very complicated because it allows hackers have advantages.
Today I saw the player "Kelton" playing. He could ignore the viscosity of water. Maybe he's playing right now.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

BrunoMine, what you say does not really make sense. Are you sure the “hacker” didn't just use sprint, by any chance?

By the way, the server software has some bugs:

1) Sometimes, in the chat a hint about armor strength pops up which claims that diamond is the strongest material. Mithril is not even mentioned. This hint is false. Please rewrite this.

2) The voting countdown is broken. Normally, after 2 people have voted, a 2 minute countdown starts which, when elapsed, makes the game start automatically. However, sometimes it doesn't work and out of nowhere, the voting countdown is replaced by the “chest refill” timer. If this one appears, the voting countdown seems to be gone completely, not only is it not displayed anymore, but also long after 2 minutes nothing happens, as if the game has “forgotten” it. In such a state, the game appears only to be able to continue if the required vote count is finally reached.

3) Probably related to 2): In the lobby while no game is running, you sometimes see chat messages about chest refills or even Sudden Death. Chest refills and Sudden Death should never happen while in the voting phase.

I fear bugs 2 and 3 come from the original Hungry Games Plus, and you just copied the bugs. But I am not sure. If you manage to fix it, it could also help Hungry Games Plus.

thegoozfather
GitHub: barudaret
In-game: Tasso

by thegoozfather » Post

I love the game, but in the last week or so, the lag has been unbearable. The game is not playable. My opponent will constantly freeze and remain frozen for up to 10 seconds. The game cannot be played with this amount of lag. Where is the server hosted?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Where is the server hosted?
According to Geoip.com:
CA
Canada
Quebec
Beauharnois
OVH Hosting Inc.
ovh.com

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Why is so name and what does it mean?

Extex
GitHub: Extex101
In-game: Extex

by Extex » Post

Could this be updated to 5.0.0
Creator of jelys_pizzaria and motorbike, and player of persistent kingdoms. RIP

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Extex wrote:Could this be updated to 5.0.0
This server is inactive, so I don't think they start an update since they dont have anything to do with the server for long years.

soeren06
In-game: soeren

by soeren06 » Post

ist this game-server no more online ?

soeren06
In-game: soeren

by soeren06 » Post

soeren06 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 14:13
ist this game-server no more online ?
weill port is not with me

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hello, MinetestForFun players, hope you're doing well. 🙂
The website and servers are now down since August 2020, and won't be up anymore.

Thank you to all people who played this great server, and made great buildings!
Got any questions, or comments? Please contact us.

Want the server maps? Download them using this link: Here (it's a torrent file, you will need a torrent client such as qBittorrent, Transmission or any other ones)
The map backend is LevelDB.
Please, seed it as much as possible, I'm sharing these 12 GB maps files as best as I can on my 100kbps upload speed (sorry...)