Sliding around.

jeremyericson
GitHub: CodingPsych
IRC: alepfwxz
In-game: 6789alepfwxz

Sliding around.

by jeremyericson » Post

Hey, um so with minetest version 5.1.0 when I walk or fly it makes me slide as if I'm on ice, how do i turn that off? like so i dont slide around?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Sliding around.

by Krock » Post

Rename your minetest.conf file, and check whether it still happens when starting Minetest using the default settings.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

You always have a bit of momentum in fly mode, you don't stop moving instantly when you let go of the movement keys. However I'm not aware that this has changed in Minetest 5.x.

Try pressing "J" to turn fast mode on/off. It's possible that you had it on by accident. Also try "P" to toggle pitch movement mode - this is new in Minetest 5.x and might create a similar feeling to sliding if you aren't expecting it/used to it.

Otherwise my guess would be that a mod is setting a physics override (possibly incorrectly). Does this happen with Minetest Game without any other mods or are you using a different subgame and/or have you installed extra mods?

jeremyericson
GitHub: CodingPsych
IRC: alepfwxz
In-game: 6789alepfwxz

by jeremyericson » Post

Yeah i could'ent figure it out but i used a different account on my computer and it works