[Mod] Simple helicopter [helicopter]

lightonflux
In-game: lof

Re: [Mod] Simple helicopter [helicopter]

by lightonflux » Post

Minetest is an engine, not a game. You can add it to the game that you play yourself. But at the moment there is no official game (that has active development). If you want that it shipps with games you have to ask the maintainer of the games. See the Games sub-forum for more info.

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

Bug.
I assembled the helicopter. My coordinates:
-750, 33, -560
I climbed into the helicopter. And ended up in another place. Сoordinates:
-347, 33, -358
I didn't do anything. And in a moment I fell out of the helicopter. Again -750, 33, -560.

LePoulpe

by LePoulpe » Post

Another bug,
When I go to a coordinates greater than 200 (or minus 200, in all directions), my player is teleported to 0, 0, 0, but the heli is still flying on his right position.
Do you have any idea where is this from ?

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Post

created an issue, thanks for the report. it looks like it is not an error with the mod but the engine itself.

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/2004

amadin

by amadin » Post

deleted

pavz36
In-game: pavz36

by pavz36 » Post

There seems to be conflict with another recipe of the mod Advanced Trains [advtrains]. If trying to craft blades, it produces wheel for train.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-03-10 11-33-54.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-10 11-33-54.png (190.14 KiB) Viewed 1557 times

hwd2002
In-game: hwd2002

by hwd2002 » Post

This is really cool, and I love the simplicity of the mod, but I don't understand why for me I must hold right click on the Helicopter's hitbox to power it. This doesn't seem intentional to me. Am I doing something wrong?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

hwd2002 wrote:This is really cool, and I love the simplicity of the mod, but I don't understand why for me I must hold right click on the Helicopter's hitbox to power it. This doesn't seem intentional to me. Am I doing something wrong?
this mod hasn't been updated since 4 years now.
it is quite possible that it is no longer fully compatible with the current game and therefore has some bugs.

if i remember correctly, there is a flying carpet and an airship mod, which are more up-to-date.
you might want to try one of these :)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

I have completely reworked this mod.
See https://github.com/DS-Minetest/helicopter.
@Pavel_S: May I ask you for the licenses of the textures and the model? It would be nice if (the reworked version of) the mod could be added to minetest-mods, but that won't be possible without knowing the licenses.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

DS-minetest wrote:I have completely reworked this mod.
See https://github.com/DS-Minetest/helicopter.
@Pavel_S: May I ask you for the licenses of the textures and the model? It would be nice if (the reworked version of) the mod could be added to minetest-mods, but that won't be possible without knowing the licenses.
Hello, If you are still interested, i made a model in Blender some years ago, look this:

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@Melkor:
That model and its textures look nice!
- What license is it under?
- Is it animated?
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

Thanks! What license do you recommend me? I want to the model be free and keep in that way forever, if the model is modified, it had to be released free too.
On the animations, it still haven't any, but i can make what you need.

Desour

by Desour » Post

Melkor wrote:Thanks! What license do you recommend me? I want to the model be free and keep in that way forever, if the model is modified, it had to be released free too.
On the animations, it still haven't any, but i can make what you need.
That sounds like you would want to choose CC-BY SA (SA = share alike = if someone republishes the artwork somewhere (modified or not), they have to use the same license (especially no stronger license, a weaker license wouldn't be allowed anyway)). But note that I'm not very well versed with licenses, IANAL.
I could make the animations, too. I'd like to modify some small things anyway (like giving the blades a volume). The blades should simply just rotate with constant speed.

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

Here is. There is a Blend file (made in Blender 2.79b, i have problems with 2.80) a .png and a .xcf (GIMP), the license is CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 (this is the license i used in the Melkars too, but i forgot about it) and has no armature and no animations.
The model is old and it was made when i was not experienced with lowpoly and pixelart in Blender. well, have fun and good luck
Attachments
helicopter.7z
(99.19 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Desour

by Desour » Post

Thanks! ^_^
I'll try to use it for the helicopter when I've got time.

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

The model posted a few posts above looks awesome.

The rotors on the model in the game currently are very cool too.

Thanks for working on this. However, I'm seeing errors in a server whenever I lift (spacebar) off with the helicopter.

Code: Select all

2019-11-16 21:15:29: ACTION[Server]: Admin right-clicks object 23: LuaEntitySAO at (-1612,10.5,-1081)
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ACTION[Main]: [mana] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into mana.mt
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'helicopter' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../share/games/minetest/mods/lib_items/helicopter/init.lua:106: attempt to call field 'cross' (a nil value)
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ERROR[Main]:       .../share/games/minetest/mods/lib_items/helicopter/init.lua:106: in function 'heli_control'
2019-11-16 21:15:42: ERROR[Main]:       .../share/games/minetest/mods/lib_items/helicopter/init.lua:171: in function <.../share/games/minetest/mods/lib_items/helicopter/init.lua:164>
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

Desour

by Desour » Post

FreeGamers wrote:Thanks for working on this.
Thanks for thanking. Sadly I'm currently not really working on the mod because I'm lacking time.
FreeGamers wrote:However, I'm seeing errors in a server whenever I lift (spacebar) off with the helicopter.
vector.cross was added in 5.1-dev. 5.1 was already released, I recommend you to upgrade your minetest.
Alternatively you could copy this file as init.lua into a new mod and enable this new mod. However, there might still remain other problems with using the mod with 5.0.

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

I'll try the init file maybe, but i can see that create conflicts when my server gets upgraded maybe. So maybe if I can find a nice way to use an if statement if 5.0.1 is present.

My GNU+Linux distribution doesnt have 5.1.0 yet, just 5.0.1
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

Debian Backports just got version 5.1.0 so I'm going to try this out now.

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

It works great by the way!

Desour

by Desour » Post

@Melkor:
I've animated your model and used it for the helicopter. Source is here: https://github.com/Desour/helicopter
Old model version is still available in branch old_model.
What I still need now is textures for the craftitems and / or different craft recipes.
Very bad screenshot:

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

by apercy » Post

screenshot_20200414_182639.png
screenshot_20200414_182639.png (376.54 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Great work!
I made some refinements on rotors model exibition and updated to Blender 2.82. If you want it, I can send. (see attachment)

Desour

by Desour » Post

apercy wrote:
screenshot_20200414_182639.png
Great work!
I made some refinements on rotors model exibition and updated to Blender 2.82. If you want it, I can send. (see attachment)
Hi, sorry for not having answered for some days (I was too lazy to login).
Thanks.
I'd be interested in what your changes are exactly and what updating to a new blender version causes. ^_^ (I'm a blender-noob.)
Is this here the model?

apercy

by apercy » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
apercy wrote:
The attachment screenshot_20200414_182639.png is no longer available
Great work!
Hi, sorry for not having answered for some days (I was too lazy to login).
Thanks.
I'd be interested in what your changes are exactly and what updating to a new blender version causes. ^_^ (I'm a blender-noob.)
Is this here the model?
No no, this is another model I made cause I'm forking the mod to test some concepts, like limited power, more expensive craft and a model made by myself.
But the bell. I made some improvements, cause some faces was disappearing in some angles, so I added faces to correct this. See the attachment I'm uploading in this post.
Attachments
models.zip
Updated model
(129.92 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

apercy

by apercy » Post

Time to do intensive tests now:

https://github.com/APercy/helicopter

Maybe I can adapt that bell47 to support power indicator after, but now its time to test. A lot of tests.

An explanation: This version of the helicopter is very expensive now. Very usefull for public servers.
To craft you need diamond blocks, battery, a mese block, a lot of steel. An expensive helicopter, like in real life. And it consumes power now. You can fuel it with power blocks (so, you must have generators, aviation gas is expensive in reallife). And after flight level 100, the power consumption increases, like piston engines do. So you must fly low. The refueling system is easy: you must have power blocks on your inventory. Then you attach the player on the helicopter with right click and punch the seat. It will drop one power block from your inventory, then you can fly circa 2300 blocks away until new refuel. Refuel ONLY can be done landed

PS: If you collect it to the inventory, It will loose all fuel, so it will need a new refuel