[Game] Lavaland -- A flat lava mapgen

jas
IRC: Freenode

Re: [Game] Lavaland -- A flat lava mapgen

by jas » Post

skiphoppy, I made an issue on GitHub for when stats and/or statbar gets messed up. If you experience it again, or have any more information, I'll try to keep track of it.

I fixed some bugs. Notably, the night_toggle not working. It works now. Also, mobs spawning has been changed. I haven't tested this extensively, but I was doing a protection check looking for protector:protect, which doesn't exist in simple_protection. So this means the mobs will spawn more, but I may need to adjust it.

I added more missing sounds. The staves were adjusted, slowing velocity a touch. Warp projectile checks more for air, now, but I need to make it check first on the side the player shot from. I also did a time check to limit the rate of stamina drain. This also will need monitoring for possible adjustment.

Lastly, I noticed mobs were punching dropped objects, and so I fixed it so all of them except NPCs stop doing this. When an NPC does it, however, the item they punched is added to their trader inventory. :)

jas

by jas » Post

Added automatic felling of trees. It won't bother newly placed tree nodes, but sorry for any old ones. Thank you itiefyn for the suggestion. :)

Mese armor protects against node damage, now, and obsidian armor protects against fall damage.

Bonemeal was added, but so far only works on saplings.

jas

by jas » Post

Added: Saplings that drop from leaves automatically plant after an interval (30) and chance(10).
Fixed: Some bugs.

Here's a video of the auto-felling, posted in the Videos thread yesterday: https://youtu.be/Ujj2FqeX7Hw 01:20

jas

by jas » Post

Added: Armor stands with buttons for saving and restoring armor sets. This makes switching between full sets easier, for example Mese to reduce or eliminate node damage, and obsidian to eliminate fall damage.

Here's a video demonstration
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 420 times

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

Still loving this game, jas. Thank you.

I've brought my Thrive Lavaland minetest server back up online with a new world. For now I've got pvp disabled, and I've also added another shop/vending machine mod I like. I may continue to tinker with my own customizations.

jas

by jas » Post

Excellent! Thanks for your interest. Perhaps the game can be further developed for other applications in mind, like creative mode and "singleplayer." I admit I took stuff out that supported those settings/mode(s) because I only wanted to make a very singular game.

Another issue that may come up is that big mods like mobs, 3d_armor, etc. are older and heavily modified. I am a fan of settings, but haven't needed them for my own use.

I haven't been paying much mind to the code lately, but in the past I moved the statbars depending on the settings. Otherwise, I have been tinkering with the chat mod, starting at least with chat commands that you can use to send offline players messages. Also an /motd command, which does set the setting in minetest.conf or whatever --config file you're using.

Neither thing was on any TODO list but so far it's fun. There's a bunch of other stuff I wanted to get to but didn't, though. ;) Thanks again,

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

I notice that the parameters for ice spread got altered on Oct 1. Does this make ice spread slower? It seems really difficult to farm ice. Just curious if these are the intended parameters.

jas

by jas » Post

It requires source water nodes to spread. This was changed from all flowing nodes to limit infinite ice growth. I can take a look at the interval/chance, and possibly think about including flowing water ice conversion again, but in some restrictive way.

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how it all works. :) Been tinkering with various customizations of my own and additional mods.