Unfortunately, my teacher has deemed doing this by itself isn't enough to satisfy "An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices." However, I may have a chance at satisfying this if I can add more functionality either as another mode, or as a module to my existing one, that has sophisticated functionality. The best one I can do could involve some sort of AI (artificial intelligence), where the AI can do any of the following with a player or NPC entity:
- Can be trained to play the default Minetest Game by itself without human involvement except as spectators.
- Can find resources, including wood->stone->iron->diamond->mese, by itself.
- Can explore world maps by itself, including travelling across all kinds of biomes and terrain without significant trouble. If they exist, use vehicles such as the wooden boat when possible during travel.
- Can create buildings given enough resources, on its own. Alternatively, it can create pixel art with colored blocks, either from an existing image, or procedurally generated.
- If mobs exist in a world through 3rd-party mods, fight them on its own, possibly trying to find more of them.
- Anything else that allows gameplay without human involvement.
- Specifically for my mod and skinsdb, create a seed from the player's current 3D model or skin texture, and use it as the basis for randomized AI gameplay for doing any of the above.