[Mod] Respawn [0.10] [respawn]

cronvel
GitHub: cronvel

[Mod] Respawn [0.10] [respawn]

by cronvel » Post

Here is my first mod: respawn: manage respawn points, interesting places, teleportation and death records, and more.

There are other mods doing similar things, but this one integrate many related features into one coherent mod.

Features

* Create/manage as many respawn points you want, to be used randomly (e.g. on player death or on first connection)
* Create/manage as many team respawn points you want
* Create/manage global map place
* Each player can have its own personal places (stored and used separately from the global places)
* Each place and respawn retains not only the position, but also a direction where to look, ideal for creating great spot on the map where you already look at the right thing once teleported
* Place have a short name (i.e. an ID, without space) and a full name (that can have space)
* Check close to which place you are
* Powerful teleport command
* teleport self or teleport other (with different privileges)
* teleport to a respawn point, a global place, an own place, a coordinate, your last death place, or next to a player
* teleport whole teams to their respective team respawn
* Assign any player to a team, list team members
* List any type of places
* Every death are displayed and logged, with the reason and the place it happened (if closed to a known global place)
* List any player death
* Have a setting allowing players to respawn to their team respawn instead of using a regular respawn point (disabled by default)
* Have a setting allowing player to respawn to their personal own place named "home" instead of using a regular respawn point (disabled by default)

Commands overview

For the complete syntax, see the in-game help.

* /list_teams: list all teams with their members
* /get_team: display the team of a player
* /set_team: set a team to a player
* /list_respawns: List all respawn points.
* /reset_respawns: Reset respawn points. Require the "server" privilege.
* /set_respawn: Create a respawn point on your current player position. Require the "server" privilege.
* /list_places: List all (global) places.
* /reset_places: Reset (global) places, i.e. remove all places at once. Require the "server" and "place" privileges.
* /set_place: Create a (global) place on your current player position, also accept a full name for tasteful place names. Require the "place" privilege.
* /remove_place: Remove one of the (global) place. Require the "place" privilege.
* /list_own_places: List all your personal own places.
* /reset_own_places: Reset all your personal own places, i.e. remove them all at once.
* /set_own_place: Create a personal own place on your current player position, also accept a full name for tasteful place names.
* /remove_own_place: Remove one of your personal own place.
* /reset_all_player_places: Remove all personal places of all players at once. Require the "server" and "place" privileges.
* /where: Tell you where you are, i.e. close to which place you are, if there is anyone close to you. Search on both your own places list and the global places list. Require no privileges, but with the "locate" privilege you can also see your coordinate and you can also locate any player.
* /teleport: teleport yourself to a respawn point, a global place, a personal own place, your last death place, a coordinate, or a player. Require the "teleport" privilege.
* /teleport_other: teleport anyone to a respawn point, a global place, one of your personal own place (not their), their last death place, a coordinate, close to you or any player. Require the "teleport" and "teleport_other" privileges.
* /teleport_teams: teleport teams to their respective team respawn.
* /list_deaths: list your or any player deaths with the cause and the place it occurs.

Privileges

* teleport: Can use /teleport to self teleport to a registered respawn point, global place, own place, last death place. Can teleport to xyz coordinates or close to another player in conjunction with the "locate" privilege.
* teleport_other: Can use /teleport_other to teleport any player to a registered respawn point, global place, own place (yours), last death place (their), or close to self. Can teleport to xyz coordinates or close to another player in conjunction with the "locate" privilege.
* place: Can use /set_place, /remove_place, /reset_places and /reset_all_player_places to manage global places.
* locate: Can use advanced /where command to locate other player and output coordinate, extend /teleport and /teleport_other to support xyz coordinates and teleporting close to another player.
* team: Can use /set_team to assign a player to a team.

Settings

* enable_team_respawn: If enabled (default: disabled), players use their respective team respawn (if any).
Note: This have greater priority than home respawn (if set).
* enable_home_respawn: if enabled (default: disabled), the player can respawn at their home instead of a regular respawn point. Note: should not be confused with the sethome mod's home, the player should have typed the command "set_own_place home" for this to work.

Source: Gitlab repo
ContentDB: cronvel/respawn/
License: MIT
Last edited by cronvel on Sat Nov 30, 2019 07:47, edited 3 times in total.

cronvel

Re: [Mod] Respawn [0.9] [respawn]

by cronvel » Post

I'm currently adding team support. I will add the new commands to the OP once I'm sure of the syntax.

Basically you can set anyone team with a /set_team command, teams can have any name and there can be any number of teams. Then you can define respawn for a each team. If a player die, he respawn on this specific team respawn. You can also type the new command /teleport_teams to force one or multiple teams teleportation to their respective respawn.

The idea behind this is to create special events, where an admin or a referee can set up an informal game and manage players on real-time. It could be a treasure hunt with few rounds, or something like that...

cronvel

Re: [Mod] Respawn [0.10] [respawn]

by cronvel » Post

So I've released the v0.10 (awaiting approval) with the team feature and updated the OP with the new features and commands.

The team of a player is stored in player's meta ("team" key) so it can eventually use/be used by other mods.
I heard of a CTF mod, but didn't give it a try yet, but I would be interested to know if the team is stored in the "team" meta key too.

If a server admin uses this mod, I would appreciate some feedback! ;)

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

I'm testing it on my server :)

Three questions:

1. When issues arise, would you like them here or on your gitlab?
2. When I try to teleport someone to someone_else, I would use /teleport someone someone_else. This gives me "Respawn point or place not found!" Do I do something wrong?
3. How would I proceed if I wanted a certain feature disabled?
Whatever I say is CC0

cronvel

by cronvel » Post

Hi Bastrabun,

1/ You can post issues here for instance, I'm not using gitlab too much. In fact I'm using gitlab for this project because github privacy sucks and, I'm a freelance and don't want my activities to be stalked.
2/ The /teleport command works with mode, here you want to use the "player" mode. If you want to teleport yourself to "Bob", type: "/teleport player Bob". If you want to teleport Alice to Bob, type "/teleport_other Alice player Bob". If you omit the mode, the command try to find a place named Bob, which probably doesn't exist.
3/ Which feature?

Mathias

by Mathias » Post

Hi cronvel, my name is Mathias and I am a contributor to the mod death_timer. Basically, it is a mod that adds a delay between deaths, e.g. a popup screen that counts down the seconds until you could respawn again. I am considering abandoning this mod after 5.1.0 to work on a different project. Would you be interested in merging this mod or idea of this mod into yours? The license is also the same, MIT, so that should help.

cronvel

by cronvel » Post

Hi Mathias. It could be interesting, however I have little time for that at the moment. I have a lot of work + other side projects... Maybe in a few months...

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

I use this mod to teleport my streaming account around the map. It will also be available for advanced players and a class will use it to party-teleport a team :) Thanks a lot!

3/ Which feature?

- I'd like people with the "spawn" priv be able to teleport to a spawn, but not be able to teleport to every location they set.
- Occasionally I am confused by the parameters, but that isn't the mod's fault. I'll probably make some shorthand for the more often used ones myself.
Whatever I say is CC0