Disable damage but in sigleplayer dead

salvamea
In-game: Salvamea

Disable damage but in sigleplayer dead

by salvamea » Post

Sorry after the last update in kubuntu, When disabled the damage suffers the same, i have add the ppa

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Disable damage but in sigleplayer dead

by Krock » Post

Please open your terminal and post the output of `minetest --version`.
Assuming 5.1.0 for now.

What happens if you re-enable damage, die, and disable damage again? Is the player still dead?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

salvamea
In-game: Salvamea

by salvamea » Post

Hi Thanks for answering, then the command output is here:
Minetest 5.1.0 (Linux)
Using Irrlicht 1.8.4
BUILD_TYPE=None
RUN_IN_PLACE=0
USE_GETTEXT=1
USE_SOUND=1
USE_CURL=1
USE_FREETYPE=1
USE_LUAJIT=1
STATIC_SHAREDIR="/usr/share/minetest"
have already tried to enable the damage and then to disable but the result is always the same, however the update is there because now the game is entirely in Italian, even if from the version it seems the same.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

I'm having the same problem on Creative Gardens since the v5.1.0 upgrade. Despite enable_damage = false, enable_pvp = false, people are dying if they fall off cliffs or stay in water too long. There are no heart or bubble indicators for the death, and all items are retained with no dropped bones.

For a drowning death, the log shows:
2019-10-28 09:50:43: ACTION[Server]: redblade7_owner dies at (219,78,606). No bones placed
2019-10-28 09:50:44: ACTION[Server]: Moving redblade7_owner to static spawnpoint at (2591,24,-1373)
2019-10-28 09:50:44: ACTION[Server]: redblade7_owner respawns at (2591,24,-1373)
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

redblade7 wrote:I'm having the same problem on Creative Gardens since the v5.1.0 upgrade. Despite enable_damage = false, enable_pvp = false, people are dying if they fall off cliffs or stay in water too long.
Cannot reproduce.

The server does neither handle client-sent damage packets (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... r.cpp#L810) nor does it send death or HP update packets (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .cpp#L1341).

Ensure that no mod resets the armor groups by accident (like 3d_armor), because the "immortal" group specifies whether a player can die.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Krock wrote:
redblade7 wrote:I'm having the same problem on Creative Gardens since the v5.1.0 upgrade. Despite enable_damage = false, enable_pvp = false, people are dying if they fall off cliffs or stay in water too long.
Cannot reproduce.

The server does neither handle client-sent damage packets (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... r.cpp#L810) nor does it send death or HP update packets (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .cpp#L1341).

Ensure that no mod resets the armor groups by accident (like 3d_armor), because the "immortal" group specifies whether a player can die.
I have 3d_armor and xtraarmor installed on that server. Can you please explain what you mean by "resetting the armor group"?
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Disable those mods and test it. If it properly works re-enable the mods one-by-one until it does not work properly, then report a bug on that mod's issue tracker.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

redblade7 wrote:I have 3d_armor and xtraarmor installed on that server. Can you please explain what you mean by "resetting the armor group"?
See: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... r/pull/170
When 3d_armor calls set_armor_groups, it needs to keep "immortal" set as armor group. But it doesn't do that, this signals to the engine that damage should be enabled for the player, most likely causing the symptoms you described.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

sfan5 wrote:
redblade7 wrote:I have 3d_armor and xtraarmor installed on that server. Can you please explain what you mean by "resetting the armor group"?
See: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... r/pull/170
When 3d_armor calls set_armor_groups, it needs to keep "immortal" set as armor group. But it doesn't do that, this signals to the engine that damage should be enabled for the player, most likely causing the symptoms you described.
I added the lines from that pull request to the minetest-3d_armor folder on Creative Gardens and it solved the problem, thanks sfan5!

But is this the same issue that the OP was having?

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

I recapitulate that "Enable damage" for 5.1.0 (at least in single player) is really "Enable visible health bar and naturally aggressive mobs." Player still can take damage in all regular forms.
May God be with you, always.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

salvamea, zargulthewizard,
Which game (Minetest Game?), and which mods?

See and follow Linuxdirk's advice above.
Try to reproduce the bug in MTGame with no mods enabled. If no bug, it is a game or mod error, once you track down the bug to a particular game or mod, contact the author.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Got it. (aha... I had thought it was fixed, but then it wasn't. I think that's it :) Thx
May God be with you, always.