Space TravelThe Space Travel mod adds in a massive amount of new space content, including:
- 20 new space dimensions, including several planets, moons, dwarf planets, exoplanets, one exomoon, and one asteriod belt
- tens of new skyboxes
- tens of new nodes
- several new liquids
- new ores not found on earth
- a progression system
- complete use of Minetest’s vertical space
- space geysers such as volcanoes and cryovolcanoes
- interplanetary and interstellar travel
- day-night cycles on certain planets and moons
I just posted this mod, so I haven't had time to make a very detailed explanation of how to use this mod. At some point I am going to make a wiki.
TL;DR: Essentially, the player has to make “space drives”, which they can use in a rocket orbiting a planet or moon to travel to other planets and moons.
First, make a rocket (from the rocket mod, see instructions here) and something (such as a spacesuit) to keep you alive in a vacuum (from the vacuum mod, see instructions here). Second, make a space drive, a type of tool from this mod that allows you travel between space dimensions. Using minerals from newly discovered planets and moons, you can craft increasingly powerful space drives that can take you to more places. You can use a crafting guide to help you make these space drives. Third, fly your rocket into outer space (on Earth, the atmosphere ends at Y=1000), but avoid crashing into meteoroids. Fourth, left click with your space drive inside the rocket and select a location, teleporting you there. Fifth, carefully descend onto the surface. Lastly, repeat steps 3 through 5 to return home.
- titan_moon -- A mod that changes Earth into Titan. Titan in this mod is larger and more colourful than the version in space_travel, but it doesn't have ores, cryovolcanoes, unbreathable atmosphere, or a day-night cycle.
- marssurvive -- A mod that changes Earth into Mars. This mod created some textures that were borrowed in space_travel. Marssurvive is a somewhat broken now, but it is still the main Mars mod.
- cratermg -- A Mars mod that has technic ores and craters. It is an alternative to Marssurvive, which was its inspiration.
- moonrealm -- A mod that changes Earth into the Moon. It is old (from 2013), but it is still playable.