[Mod] More Ores [moreores]

Kevin Tee

Re: [Mod] More Ores [moreores]

by Kevin Tee » Post

Can you add silver hoe as well? Thanks
Edit: I noticed that creative mode have silver hoe, but crafting it is not possible.

Sumi

by Sumi » Post

Just updated More Ores and now I'm getting this error:
ModError: Failed to load and run script from E:\Games\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\mods\moreores\init.lua:
...es\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: Name frame:moreores_mineral_mithril does not follow naming conventions: "moreores:" or ":" prefix required
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
...es\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:65: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
...es\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:115: in function 'register_item'
...es\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:208: in function 'register_node'
E:\Games\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\mods\frame\init.lua:152: in function 'register'
E:\Games\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\mods\moreores\init.lua:97: in function 'add_ore'
E:\Games\minetest-5.1.0-win64\bin\..\mods\moreores\init.lua:377: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.

Silver ingots and clump are showing as unknown.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

Hello, I've been having a hard time getting this mod to work with other mods.

First a bit of history... Using MT 4.17, and Hamlets quest, everything was working well. I may be mistaken that moreores was included with that sub game? It was an old version of moreores with tons of ores you couldn't do anything with. I used that old version for awhile, but I got tired of not being able to use so many ores, and I stopped using it.

Flash forward to October 2019. I started using technic, and a few other mods like mesecons, digtron, digilines, etc. I was still on MT 4.17. That old version of moreores wouldn't work anymore, so I got the newer version - the one with only Silver and Mithril. That wouldn't work either.

So I downloaded, and compiled, MT 5.1. I download a bunch of mods from inside the main menu. As soon as I enabled moreores, pretty much all the other mods would fail to load. I created a new world, and enabled default and moreores - no problem. I enabled technic, and digtron, digilines, mesecons, and a few more - still no problem.

Short story long, I eventually figured out that 3d_armor and moreores just won't work together for me:

Code: Select all

ERROR[Main]: ...minetest-stable-5/bin/../mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:261: attempt to call field 'player_register_model' (a nil value)
I can turn moreores off, and everything is working. But it's not just 3d_armor that has the problem. If I turn 3d_armor off, and everything else back on, most of the mods throw errors for "unsatisfied dependencies".

I have tried turning on moreores and just a few others, and everything seemed to be working. I have 59 other mods that are all playing well together, but as soon as I turn moreores on, not so much.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Is there a list of mods that moreores just wont work with? If I only enable moreores, 3d_armor, and default, I'll get this error.

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

So surprisingly, moreores won't work with toolranks either. I created a new world and added default, moreores, and toolranks - nope!

2019-12-20 14:59:21: ERROR[Main]: mod "moreores" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "toolranks"
2019-12-20 14:59:21: ERROR[Main]: mod "toolranks" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "moreores"
So, I can't get moreores to work with 3d_armor, hbarmor, or toolranks.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Look at TenPlus1's post just above yours.

Alternatively, you could try ShadMordre's lib_trm, which is a combination of toolranks and Terraria's tool modifiers.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

SiliconPenguin wrote:

2019-12-20 14:59:21: ERROR[Main]: mod "moreores" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "toolranks"
2019-12-20 14:59:21: ERROR[Main]: mod "toolranks" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "moreores"
? Isn't this just a starting problem, what might be solved in the game after both are loaded ?
... also as I have a incl. moreores, and not toolranks running server ...
I would have tried to disable toolranks in the dependencies of moreores, and just check that both have been loaded, as they might run then like wanted ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

ThorfinnS wrote:Look at TenPlus1's post just above yours.

Alternatively, you could try ShadMordre's lib_trm, which is a combination of toolranks and Terraria's tool modifiers.
I did try that right before posting... I'd be willing to try ShadMordre's lib_trm, but I have no idea where to find it. Could you point me in the general direction?
Festus1965 wrote: Isn't this just a starting problem, what might be solved in the game after both are loaded ?
I'm listening...
Festus1965 wrote:I would have tried to disable toolranks in the dependencies of moreores, and just check that both have been loaded, as they might run then like wanted ?
I find this very interesting... The weird thing is that they are only optional dependencies of each other, so it shouldn't really matter if one or the other loads. They both run fine without the other, it's only when you try to use both that the error occurs.

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

can anyone else confirm this error?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

I just had a look at my server as I remember starting toolranks made an error, but
* at me version not 1.4.19 ... mod moreores dont have any dependency toolranks in it ! (just default, mg? farming ?)
* toolranks only has moreores ? in it,
and so there should be no problem, but I remember toolranks didn't start, when I was testing to include it, mhhh
and as of the lua code in toolranks, it seams moreores had to be started first (but how to control this ?)

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

SiliconPenguin wrote:

I did try that right before posting... I'd be willing to try ShadMordre's lib_trm, but I have no idea where to find it. Could you point me in the general direction?
Oh. I thought you said you downloaded it from within the minetest program. I doubt that points to TenPlus1's fork. Incidentally, I think you also have to use his version of toolranks, too. Seems to me he had to change both of them to remove the dependency circular reference.

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/toolranks.git

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/moreores.git

https://github.com/ShadMOrdre/lib_trm.git

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

ThorfinnS wrote:
SiliconPenguin wrote:

Oh. I thought you said you downloaded it from within the minetest program. I doubt that points to TenPlus1's fork. Incidentally, I think you also have to use his version of toolranks, too. Seems to me he had to change both of them to remove the dependency circular reference.

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/toolranks.git

https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/moreores.git

https://github.com/ShadMOrdre/lib_trm.git
Yeah, I downloaded all the mods I'm using with 5.1 from within the menu. But after that didn't work, I did download and try TenPlus1's version. I'm sorry, I really didn't make that very clear.

I'll Download both of TenPlus1's mods you've linked to here in a little bit, and give them a try together. And I'll do the same with ShadMordre's lib_trm. I'll let you know how it goes, and thank you for helping me out!

SiliconPenguin

by SiliconPenguin » Post

Okay, using both of TenPlus1's mods together fixes the problem! Including the problem with 3d_armor.

I will try ShadMOrdre's lib_trm in a test world later on.

Thank you once again ThorfinnS.

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

Is there a table somewhere that ranks tools in terms of speed and toughness? A few posts on this thread say things like, "mithril tools are fast and last quite long," but that isn't very objective. For example, if a steel pickaxe has a speed and toughness of 100 (for lack of a better metric), then what is the speed and toughness of a mithril pickaxe or a mese pickaxe? I've also noticed bronze and steel pickaxes seem to be about the same speed and toughness; steel has a very marginal advantage, in my observation. However, I don't know if my subjective observations correlate to the objective values used to program these tools.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

So far I realized, each kind of mineral tool is sometime better on specific tool or the work with it ...
Mean if andamantite Pick axe is best for mining (most ore), andamantite axe might not be best for treecutting ...

Sure the list (rule for th-) is in the mod code ...

michael01

by michael01 » Post

wwwww