(Raspberry Pi 4) Trouble getting MT 5.0.1 to build

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

(Raspberry Pi 4) Trouble getting MT 5.0.1 to build

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

(Raspberry Pi 4 (Ubuntu 19.10 arm64)) I'm trying to run MT 5.0.1 on the raspberry pi 4 but to no avail can anyone help? I tried to use Calinou's code and it downloaded the GitHub files but never built the package...
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

Re: (Raspberry Pi 4) Trouble getting MT 5.0.1 to build

by Miniontoby » Post

You could try it with snap

First install snap by "sudo apt install snapd"
And then run "sudo snap install minetest"
And run it by (for access "snap run minetest" and else run) "sudo snap run minetest"

P.S. I dont know how to get an interface and I use only "snap run minetest --server "
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Painadath

by Painadath » Post

i tried to build 5.5.0-dev on raspbian its worked!
I think your problem is dependencies

And Also after 75% its ERRORED

and i moved all the files which ERROR and it worked

Painadath

by Painadath » Post

Faussy

by Faussy » Post

I use this one-line script in the terminal in what ever folder I want to park it. It builds the latest version of Minetest.

Code: Select all

( echo ZZZZ Updating Apt-Get Repository List ; sudo apt-get update ; echo ZZZZ Installing Dependencies ; sudo apt -y install g++ make libc6-dev libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev zlib1g-dev libgmp-dev libjsoncpp-dev ; echo ZZZZ Cloning Minetest Source ; git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git ; echo ZZZZ Cloning Source of Minetests Fork of Irrlicht ; git clone https://github.com/minetest/irrlicht ; echo ZZZZ Entering Irrlicht Source dir ; cd irrlicht ; echo ZZZZ Generating Minetests Fork of Irrlicht Build Files ; cmake . -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON ; echo ZZZZ Compiling Minetests Fork of Irrlicht ; make -j$(nproc) ; echo ZZZZ Navigating to Parent Dir ; cd .. ; echo ZZZZ Navigating to Minetest Source Dir ; cd minetest ; echo ZZZZ Generating Minetest Build Files ; cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE -DIRRLICHT_LIBRARY=../irrlicht/lib/Linux/libIrrlichtMt.so -DIRRLICHT_INCLUDE_DIR=../irrlicht/include/ ; echo ZZZZ Compiling Minetest ; make -j$(nproc) ; echo ZZZZ Cleaning up apt installs ; sudo apt clean ; echo ZZZZ Cleaning up apt-get installs ; sudo apt-get clean ; echo ZZZZ Launching Minetest ; /home/pi/minetest/bin/minetest ) > Minetest_install_output.txt
It comes from, MissingDependency's post over on, https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 6#p1850160
It downloads everything, compiles, builds, cleans up, launches Minetest, and gives an output file of everything. It works perfectly with Raspbian, but you might need to swap out a dependency for Ubuntu, not sure.
Currently using: Minetest 5.5.0 MineClone 2 0.72.0 OpenGL 2.1 Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB Raspbian (buster) 32-bit