۞ THE SAMMY AWARDS 2019 ۞

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: ۞ THE SAMMY AWARDS 2019 ۞

by Wuzzy » Post

I see the “Farming” mod has been nominated. But this is confusing. WHICH Farming mod? There are like 1,000,000,000 mods with the name “Farming” in it … :-(

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I see the “Farming” mod has been nominated. But this is confusing. WHICH Farming mod? There are like 1,000,000,000 mods with the name “Farming” in it … :-(
If I do not err, the nomination of this mod came up with only one vote in which the mod was linked to its corresponding topic. According to this link there is only the farming redo mod by TenPlus1 figured yet.
My english can cause brain cancer

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

Festus1965 wrote:The rules of the voting doesn't tell anything about when a voter had to be with an account. So what ?
We all can think as far as this with our brain. Thats fake, dishonestly...

And pronouncing for somebodys own server using more than one account is impermissible, why doing so oneself?
My english can cause brain cancer

runs

by runs » Post

For clarification:
- It's impossible to check from which IP you vote. For example, my IP is dynamic every time I turn off and turn on my router.
- If someone wants to create fake users, that's their problem. In the next year awards, the users should be before registered the starting date.
- As for the cut and paste, it is clear that the players of a server are going to vote massively for their own, it is normal, that's what voting is for, that means it is popular.
- The more votes there are, the better the result will be and the moves to make this or that server win will be unsuccessful.

These awards are rigorously monitored, nothing bad can happen.

Please, instead of protesting so much, vote.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

keep Thread empty, as I am sure was read and so done yet.
Last edited by Festus1965 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 04:16, edited 2 times in total.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

- at Pandorabox are bug users, that even have mod rights, gamer lie to me about have "order from admin" to build something, ...
- at CTF are cheaters, now new trick see in the night, and killed also me after my daugter complained and I joined, have no change against them even with diamond sword (the take lights first and then attak)
- and most other servers are too laggy, and have nearly no admin support
[snip]
the rest of the text i deleted after writing, as sure it would have been set as reason to censored it, if you understand …
I thought this was supposed to be a community contest, not a self-promotional thread for one server operator to bash other servers while flagrantly promoting their own. Way too much drama being instigated by a single person here.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I thought this was supposed to be a community contest, not a self-promotional thread for one server operator to bash other servers while flagrantly promoting their own. Way too much drama being instigated by a single person here.
Explain community (in the case of this vote with possible 13.790 users) and rethink your post.

added: and later edit
We are here 11 kids from school, 10 from Fishing, and another 2 from other source in Thailand play here, plus about 29 diff gamer over the world active last 4 months. = about 52 all together = 0.37 % of all users, but only 9 activated accounts are there for us yet = 0,065 % of all accounts - so WE might have no change against any voting, if this voting would be more interesting all others at all.
Other way, I see max player 659 = just 4.77 % of all accounts - or WE all at server are just 7.89% of maybe active gamer ... and the voting kids are just 5 yet, mean 0.76 % of possible active gamer can vote.

But I PM another 5 gamer with account to vote ... (didn't write or nominate witch server)

added later:
So less people voted yet, there is so much more possible. But a server like Wildes Land 2 with most under 5 gamer has just 2 voting yet (with mine) - how should such a server stand against servers like
* Pandorabox (not nominated) with up to 30 gamer / sure 20 often in, or
* Tunnelers Abys, more than 10 gamer
* Skywars until 40 gamer
and so on - so be a bit more realistic.
Same with minetest game - no other game would have any chance against, if people are voting.

So like at our Government voting, when just 70% of all voters are voting, but a party gets just 50% of it, might have majority, but in real it is just 35% of the possible voters. - Some knowledge should be available before write like this.
It depends on getting voters to vote - and why I should ask voters from other servers then? hihi
Last edited by Festus1965 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 05:25, edited 5 times in total.

Extex
GitHub: Extex101
In-game: Extex

by Extex » Post

Best server of the year: Citysim

Best server of all time: Persistent kingdoms (∞ points) rip PK

Best mods of the year:
mobkit (10 points)
light_tool? (10 points) (my mod so idk)
devtools (6 points)
realms (4 points)

Best subframe of the year (not including mtg)
Aftermath
Creator of jelys_pizzaria and motorbike, and player of persistent kingdoms. RIP

thunderdog1138
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

by thunderdog1138 » Post

-Best Game Of The Year-
1. Mineclone 2

-Best Mod Of The Year-
1. Gears and Axels
2. Waterworks
3. Ham Radio

-Best Historical Mod Overall-
1. Unified Inventory
2. Farming Redo
3. World Edit
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

Sibrand

by Sibrand » Post

OK so here we go for voting:

Best Game Of The Year
- Minetest Game

Best Server Of The Year
- Asia Thailand Minetest.one ( Wildes Land )

Best Mod Of The Year
- Dragons & Wyverns.

Best Historical Mod Overall
- Animals

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

My BOTES:

Best Games:
1.XaEnvironment
2.IKEA
3. Minetest Game
Best Mod Of The Year
1. Waterwork
2. Gear3D
3. Ham Radio :)
Best mod Overall:
1. Advanced Trains
2. Magma Conduits
3. Lighten Wielded Item
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Best Mods Of The Year:
  • Mobkit
  • Luxury Decor
  • Advanced Trains
Best Servers Of The Year:
  • Tunnelers Abyss
  • Parkour (Release)
Also, will the voting be led for 2020 in a year?

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

Best mods of 2019:
  1. Dragons & Wyverns
  2. Find Biome
Best historical mods:
  1. World Edit
  2. Lighten Wielded Item
  3. Magma Conduits
Currently working on new mods.

warpnarget
In-game: warpnarget

by warpnarget » Post

2019 mods:
1. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23455

historical mods:
1. https://content.minetest.net/packages/Jeija/mesecons/
2. https://content.minetest.net/packages/A ... portalgun/
3. https://content.minetest.net/packages/F ... dfcaverns/

servers:
1. tunnelers abyss
2. blocky survival

game:
xaenvironment

penguins
In-game: penguins

by penguins » Post

Best Server Of The Year-
Tunnelers' Abyss
Legacy Forge (Beta - Title Update 4)
Viperian Realms

sivarajansam
IRC: sivarajan
In-game: sivarajan

by sivarajansam » Post

Best servers:
1. tunnelers abyss
Best Historical mod:
1. Adv trains
2. Technic
3. Mesecons
Sivarajan

PapaRubby
IRC: Papang
In-game: Papang

by PapaRubby » Post

Best server :
Inside the box

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

My votes:

Best historical mod overall:

1. WorldEdit
2. Unified Inventory
3. Farming Redo

Best Server of the Year:
1. Inside The Box
2. German-Mineclone2-Server
3. Buildbattle

Note: I am developer of MineClone 2, but I have zero control over the German MineClone 2 server, it's operated by Walker.
Note: I have contributed patches to the game Inside The Box, but again I have no control over the official server. I also have not built any box.
You decide if these votes are valid.

Best Mod of the Year:
No vote by me, I didn't try any of those (except Find Biome, from me), and time for voting is almost over …
Sorry to all the hard-working modders. :-(

Best Game of the Year:
1. Voxelgarden
2. Farlands

Note: I nominated Farlands, why was this nomination ignored? If my vote for Farlands is indeed invalid, remove it from my voting list.

Note: I almost voted for xaEnvironment but then it randomly crashed in my test. Sorry. Fix your game. :P

runs

by runs » Post

VOTES CLOSED!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Now that voting is closed, in this post I will write about the justification about each of my votes (and non-votes) from my previous post, just for your interest:

Best historical mod:

1. WorldEdit: This was the easiest vote of all. A clear deserved top vote from me, by FAR. The influence of this mod cannot be denied. This mod is easily one of the most useful mods, installed on countless servers. It's very important to create all sorts of buildings. This mod is and remains an absolute legend. I myself have used it frequently for developing games, especially Tutorial, messing around and doing other stuff. And the amount of features is mindblowing. It's very important for many other people as well.
Downside is that due its power, the learning curve can be a bit steep, and using the commands the most convenient method. I also don't really like `worldedit_gui` and I actually prefer commands. Searching for the correct button is not adding convenience. For the future I would love to see wieldable tools that apply the various WorldEdit commands with a single click, this might become the most convenient method to EditWorlds. ;-)

2. Unified Inventory: Simply because it's used in many games and servers and the interface is just WAY too convenient and powerful and extensible to not acknowledge that. It has very high historical relevance as well, because it has helped to move Minetest away from the dark UI ages, and countless games continue to use it. What I still do not like about it is that it ships with non-inventory features like bags and displaying the wielded item, features that should be moved into separate mods. Still, a well deserved 2nd rank.

3. Farming Redo: I don't really know why I voted for this, to be honest. But well, it still counts. This mod is of historic interest because it was also one of the earliest mods ever, and it showed nicely how to use mods to extend the gameplay. It was not very clear *which* Farming mod was meant here, but let's say my vote is a nod to the earliest ages of Minetest modding ;-)

Comments for other mods:
Advanced Trains: I never really used this mod, except on a server. I'm not really the target audience. The mod is clearly impressive, but the trains look kind of weird. There is no proper shading for the trams, so all faces look the same. This might be Minetest's fault, but still. Also, I don't see a historical relevance of this mod.
Other mods: I did not use those. Some of the listed mods seem defunct, also their historical relevance is unclear.

Best Server of the Year:
1. Inside The Box: Easily the best server there is. It's a puzzle game. You must find the nexus and place it on a pedestal to find the exit. Sounds boring, but there are many puzzles and obstacles in the way that you need to overcome.
Great game, great levels, great atmosphere. Now with over 100 levels. And this server made great progress in 2019 as well, with many new levels. Almost all levels are of high or very high quality. There are only maybe 1-2 boxes that I truly hate with a passion. Levels are mostly player-created, but there is a strict quality control in this server, and it shows. The game behind the server is also actively developed, but mostly for tweaks and bugfixes, as the game is finished. The lobby is also beautifully designed and pretty creative. The “wow” effect after completing the tutorial cannot be denied. Plus, there are lots of hidden secrets in the lobby, we still did not find all.
Downsides: I never liked the ranking system, especially for players because it's not really transparent and strange but that can be easily ignored, no big deal. The weirdest thing about player ranking that players that completed all boxes can still rank lower than players that have completed fewer boxes. The level categories are also kind of weird (especially the icons which are not very descriptive) but that's just a nitpick.
The server is great overall, and the fact that many new boxes appeared in 2019 gives Inside The Box a very well-deserverd top vote from me. This vote is also dedicated the hard-working people creating boxes.

However, I like to again stress how weird it feels that Inside the Box is actually a singleplayer game that must be played on a server. There's no real gameplay reason to play it online. In the long run, Inside the Box should be transformed to a true singleplayer game. But this is the Server category, so my top vote remains.

2. German-Mineclone2-Server: You might think I'm biased here, and maybe you're right. But the server is pretty good! I swear! :D Players have build some insane and creative things in this Minecraft clone. I am pretty impressed what people have built here. And MineClone 2 is not even finished! I recommend you give it a look. Even if you don't speak German. You can just walk and look. :)
Downside: Tends to crash, which often enough is because of bugs introduced in MineClone 2 by me … Oops! :D

3. Buildbattle: IMO a much underappreciated server. In each round there is a random word (e.g. “Zebra”) and every player must build it as good as they can in only 5 minutes. You get a lot of blocks to choose from. It's a very simple concept but can be pretty fun when there are actually player. It's pretty fun when I'm bored and also like to see how other people build.
Downside: The UI needs improvement, and the teleporter is confusing to newbies. You really should be able to see the goal and remaining time at all times. Basically, there's a general lack of polish, but you can get used to it. Sadly, this server is very unpopular, players can rarely be seen here. Anyway, that's good enough for my 3rd vote.
In my opinion, we need more servers like this, that are just small, very simple multiplayer minigames to play when you're bored. :)

If I would have been allowed a 4th vote, I would also have voted for Subgames for all! Simply because I also played a LOT of it. Fighting other players with swords is fun! Also there were a lot of players. Those battles on the floating islands were intense. Sadly, it seems to be only functional 0.4 nowadays. Also, the game eventually became boring for me after a while (but after a long while).

Oddly, JT2 was not nominated. I was on this server so long, I would have given it my 2nd place. Basically it's Minetest Game, but in a stone-only world and you must craft most things from bones. Add vending machines to that, and you end up with a living city! This server is also of much historic interest.
I'm not sure, was JT2 even online in 2019? Then I can understand it wouldn't make sense.
The biggest downside of JT2 is that it's currently not online (noooo! xD) and the second-biggest downside is that it's incompatible with Minetest v5. Yeah, maybe those are reasons for not nominating?

Best Game of the Year:
1. Voxelgarden: This vote might surprise many. It's minimalist, maybe even more minimalist than MTG. But most other available games that were up for voting do not even qualify for me. So, about the game: I like the idea how it takes something as simple as the v6 mapgen, and actually embraces it to create an unique style of game. The survival aspect is also much harder than in other games and you actually feel like proceeding. But the biggest reason for my vote is the stability of the game. The game is not very long, but in the time I play, I find it enjoyable. I think the game could still be improved greatly by adding more depth, and it might be not the best game ever. The biggest reason for my vote that this game is very stable. I failed to find any bugs, AND the gameplay is decent. Decent, not great.

2. Farlands: I love the concept and biomes of the game, which look very creative. It's fun to only walk around in awe. This vote is basically an appreciation of the great biome and mapgen design and creativity. But the game feels pretty buggy and unstable to me. And most of the features this game has are too close to MTG for my taste, in terms of gameplay there is too little new stuff. There are traders, but they only trade the same items. Still this game was enjoyable for quite some time. I think the exploration aspect is where it shines.

I was right for not voting for xaEnvironment. I have only looked at it superficially but now I can say the refusal to give points is justified. Not only did I find a crash in 5 minutes, the item names also are all over the place. It seems this game is still in WIP stage?! However, xaEnvironment looks very interesting as it adds many new stuffthings I have not seen before. Looks like some nice potential right here. Maybe I will check it out later, when it is a little less buggy. I wish the author of this game the best for the future!

My non-vote for other games:
Actually, I like many of the games. Lord of the Test, Legend of Minetest, all great games that I enjoyed much in the past. However, for 2019, compability with Minetest v5 is an absolute must for me, and none of the “worthy” games seem to work in Minetest v5. It seems they simply have not been updated yet. I still like those games, but then I might have to fire up an older Minetest version as well.

The most interesting newcomer to me is clearly the Infinite Ikea, but it's still too much WIP atm to win any points. It's just a tech demo right now. But I will continue to follow its progress.

Intentionally no points also for Minetest Game. There's just a general lack of gameplay, and it's not even intended to be a “true” game (rather a “modding base”). There are also a billion other reasons I don't like this game which I have written in GREAT detail in countless other threads. :D

I have not tried Tolkien Test for some reason. Maybe I have missed something?

I now regret for not having nominated The End. It's an interesting newcomer as it adds a completely new type of game, unlike the standard sandbox survival that everyone does. However, on the other hand, it's still very very WIP and would probably not have won my vote either way.

Best Mod of the Year:
I did not vote for any mod due to my laziness. I really did not try out ANY of the mods, except my own (Find Biome). I have briefly looked at the mod threads and they are pretty impressive-looking. I somewhat regret for not having reviewed them earlier. :(

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

very well runs, you didnt make the vote results on THIS way = good, as of otherwise you might be cheating !

why your ceating ?
Clear sure your using only the registered interested peoplke IN this forum for a vote, but the voting is done EVERY day live ... you just had to use it.
How ? just check the serverlist 4 times a day (0,6,12,18 o'clock) and take the average gamer shown value and make a average over about 1 week, month ... you get for sure the winning (most time full) server - as a true voting.

Also about the games:
same list, check just the used games there ... got result also.

The rest of the voting (best mod ever/year ...) can be done as now - but remember, active users here are just minority to real existing gamer.

Maybe you make vote also about
* most time present admin at server
* most active/present moderators on server
* most crashing servers
whatever ... things that are not clear before at all as out of serverlist at all.

MCL

by MCL » Post

Are the results ready? Also, will there be a 2020 version, too?

runs

by runs » Post

MHL wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 17:55
Probably yes.

MCL

by MCL » Post

runs wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 18:48
MHL wrote:
Probably yes.
Thank you for answering, I am very happy
Last edited by MCL on Wed Jan 06, 2021 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

MHL wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 19:33
runs wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 18:48
MHL wrote:
Probably yes.
Thank you for answering, I am very happyI know that you're 17 but when I was 17 I already had a job, I didn't watch that
kind of stuff. Maybe instead of getting set off by (fictional!) little girls
pranking others and laughing at it you should do something more productive.
You are politicizing a dumb toddler T.V. series and talking shit about Joe Biden and
Donald J. Trump Jr. What is wrong, man?
What?