Great Fire of London maps

TheTeacher

Great Fire of London maps

by TheTeacher » Post

Hello,

I've been trying to convert Minecraft's GFOL maps to Minetest for a project for children at my school. I keep getting errors using mcimport about unknown blocks.

Is anyone able to convert the maps for us, or explain how I can do this?

The naps are available from https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/disco ... -fire-1666

Thanks in advance

Jon

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Great Fire of London maps

by Krock » Post

mcimport requires a whole bunch of mods to be enabled in order to convert the map (more or less) entirely. On GitHub you can find the entire list: https://github.com/minetest-tools/mcimp ... ontent.txt
mesecons, mesecond_*, signs, xdecor, hardenedclay, carpet,... all of them can be found either on github/minetest-mods or the forums.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

TheTeacher

by TheTeacher » Post

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I've downloaded the mods generates from the get-mods.sh command and put them in the mods folder and I have enabled them.

Do any of the mods have to be in the mcimport folder before starting the conversion? I'm a bit out of my depth, having not used Linux before, so it's a bit of a learning curve.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

You only need to install and enable them in the world you'd like to convert. It should be possible to join the world with all mods enabled to make the unknown nodes disappear (unless there's a bug or alias involved).
Run the converter script again if it's still broken. Also check the command "/mods" to see whether it's all active in the world.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

TheTeacher

by TheTeacher » Post

Thanks for everyone's help. I've run it multiple times and it still doesn't display anything like the original. I think I may have to admit defeat.

Thanks

Nigel
GitHub: nyje
IRC: Nigel
In-game: Nigel

by Nigel » Post

I don't know if this is too late for you, but these maps piqued my interest and I have managed to get the first of the maps to convert.

It converts moderately well, but as is often the case, the converter offsets the imported map A LOT from origin.

If you still have your converted worlds, teleport to (1080,5,-1535) on the first map and you will be in front of the east wing of the old Saint Paul's.

If this doesn't help, once I convert the maps to my satisfaction, I'll post zips of the worlds (with all needed mods etc) in the next few days.
My Published Mods: Visual Bots | Symmetool Mirror

wziard

by wziard » Post

Please do, I'd like a copy as well..

Nigel

by Nigel » Post

Ok, here are the zips of the london maps.

The city is quite a long way SE from spawn, see my previous post for coordinates.

Each zip is a world folder, with working mods (for 5.0.0+) pre-configured.

London before the fire

The great fire

London rebuilding

The conversion is only the static stuff, so all the 'fancy' toys near the spawn point don't work, but the buildings are mainly intact.

Enjoy.

wziard

by wziard » Post

great. thanks!

TheTeacher

by TheTeacher » Post

Nigel wrote:Ok, here are the zips of the london maps.

The city is quite a long way SE from spawn, see my previous post for coordinates.

London before the fire

The great fire

London rebuilding

The conversion is only the static stuff, so all the 'fancy' toys near the spawn point don't work, but the buildings are mainly intact.

Enjoy.
Nigel,

Can I just say a HUGE thank you. I've only just come across this as I'd given up. Our new term starts on Wednesday so I've found it just in time.

I'll let you know what the children think.

Thank you once again - you are a true star.

Jon

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

TheTeacher wrote: Ok, here are the zips of the london maps.

London before the fire

The great fire

London rebuilding

Enjoy.
When I try to visit the site:

Code: Select all

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to koinobio.gr. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to September 2, 2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh koinobio.gr.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
A Wonderful World

Nigel

by Nigel » Post

necro reply:
I'm piggybacking the download on one of my client's server instances who has stopped paying... the certificate may be expired, but the download will work. if you still can't manage to get it, try replacing the https: with http:, the server should serve static content over good old http. It should stay up for some time as it's instance costs me nothing... I'll try to get around to updating the LetsEncrypt certificate (since that costs me nothing too ;-) ...

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Did anyone adopt mcimport for MCL2 yet?