- mcl_core:stone_with_lapis
- mcl_core:lapisblock
- mcl_dye:blue
Okay thank you

Leun
In-game: Leun

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.58.0]

by Leun » Post

While testing 0.58.0, I found that mobs currently don't take damage when walking over magma blocks, however, it does damage players. Magma blocks should damage both mobs and players.

Walker
In-game: Walker

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.58.0]

by Walker » Post

minecarts bringt server zu absturz ^^

Code: Select all

2020-02-14 17:58:17: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mcl_minecarts' in callback luaentity_run_simple_callback(): ...st/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_minecarts/init.lua:774: attempt to call method 'get_wielded_index' (a nil value)
2020-02-14 17:58:17: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-14 17:58:17: ERROR[Main]: 	...st/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_minecarts/init.lua:774: in function <...st/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_minecarts/init.lua:763>

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.58.1

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.58.1 fixes a crash reported by Walker. If you ignite a minecart with TNT in non-Creative-Mode, it crashed. This is fixed now.

Walker

Re: Version 0.58.1

by Walker » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Version 0.58.1 fixes a crash reported by Walker. If you ignite a minecart with TNT in non-Creative-Mode, it crashed. This is fixed now.
thx ^^

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.58.1]

by Nicu » Post

Hello! :)

Is it possible for the tools to have tooltips? It would be nice to see their attack speed, damage and durability like in Minecraft, both in the inventory and in crafting mode. I had to track down /mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_tools/init.lua to find that out, because even the in-game help lacks that information.

As for inventory stacking, I noticed that a lot of items don't stack, but you have to manually place them over the others. In my testing, Minetest doesn't have this issue, so it looks like a problem in MineClone 2. Is there some grunt work to do to correct these issues? I'd like to help, if so, just point me in the right direction.

After today's update I also noticed the tree leaves decay every 2 seconds, which is super fast, and Minetest was not updated recently, so it looks like a MineClone 2 update. Is this intentional?

And now that the friendly mobs are no longer that interested in water, they tend to hoard on the shoreline - in the water. It's funny, weird, but also convenient.

I also remember reading somewhere about potentially reducing their numbers and I didn't notice changes. Will it happen? It's surely convenient to hack and slash through them to quickly get resources but it's weird having so many. It makes everything a bit too easy, especially with the tree leaves also dropping their stuff so fast now. It's like Minecraft on steroids. :)

Walker

by Walker » Post

and is it also possible to be able to display item_string (as in Minetest_game)?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Is it possible for the tools to have tooltips?
Fun fact: I have experimented with a extended tooltip mod for a while now, the result of which can already be seen in Repixture. I did not introduce such a mod for MCL2 yet, as it requires additional work and also more customizations to make it work. But yeah, extended tooltips are planned … eventually.
The biggest challenge I will probably face with MCL2 is what to do with tooltips if the item was renamed at an anvil.
because even the in-game help lacks that information.
Oh, right, I have disabled that factoid a while ago because tools in MCL2 use the Minetest dig time system in a kind of weird and unusal way. I need to work out on how to display the stats in a human-readable form that makes sense. Damage is trivial, but digging time needs some thinking by me.
After today's update I also noticed the tree leaves decay every 2 seconds, which is super fast, and Minetest was not updated recently, so it looks like a MineClone 2 update. Is this intentional?
No. In fact, I cannot reproduce what you're saying. I did not make any changes to the leaf decay speed. The reason why it happens to you must be something else.
and is it also possible to be able to display item_string (as in Minetest_game)?
First, this feature is not exclusive to Minetest Game, second, yes, with a client setting: tooltip_append_itemname=true.
And now that the friendly mobs are no longer that interested in water, they tend to hoard on the shoreline - in the water. It's funny, weird, but also convenient.
Mobs still need a lot of work, yes. In the last weeks I have done a lot of “behind-the-scenes” work for Minetest. One big problem in the Minetest API right now is that pathfinder is very broken, which causes mobs to freqently find a path towards you at all, or they walk a very weird and inefficient path. I have posted a bugfix PR here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/9339

While repairing the built-in pathfinder is important, it won't fix all the bugs.

EDIT:
As for inventory stacking, I noticed that a lot of items don't stack,
Anything critical? Which items are the worst cases?

Note that many item stack sizes are intentional. A low stack size forces players to use their inventory space smarter.

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

I think all this game really needs to make it better is potions and enchantments, that's my favorite part. (The End would be cool also.)

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
As for inventory stacking, I noticed that a lot of items don't stack,
Anything critical? Which items are the worst cases?

Note that many item stack sizes are intentional. A low stack size forces players to use their inventory space smarter.
Example: in a large chest I have 64 leather in one slot and 21 in another one. In my inventory I have 16 leather and Shift-click it to stack it, but it gets added to a third slot.

The stack of 64 was on the top part of the large chest, and the 21 pieces of leather were in a slot right below it, but that happened to be in the second chest (4th row). So in this case MC2 tried to stack leather in the top half, and as it couldn't find enough room in any slot, it placed the 16 items in the first free slot in the top 3 rows, instead of stacking them atop the 21 in the bottom half.

If I'm not mistaken, this is not the only way the stacking issue occurs, but now that I could reliably replicate this bug, I might be able to spot the other cases, if they happen. :)

Thanks for your reply and for all your hard work on this mod. :) It's good enough that I mainly play this over Minecraft. :))

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Example: in a large chest I have 64 leather in one slot and 21 in another one. In my inventory I have 16 leather and Shift-click it to stack it, but it gets added to a third slot.
Ah, right. Yeah, I know this bug already.

There's a list of all known bugs and missing features:
https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2/issues/
Thanks for your reply and for all your hard work on this mod.
Arggghh! This ain't a mod! It's a game! xD

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Arggghh! This ain't a mod! It's a game! xD
Well, to me Minetest feels like the game and all the downloadable content are mods and art. And it feels strange that the Minetest developers decided to make two content categories named "Games" and "Mods", considering the games are mod packs - as far as I can tell. Feel free to clarify any misconceptions. :D

Ok, so it's a known bug. Hopefully it can be solved, because there's a lot of fiddling related to organizing items and crafting, which is a bit annoying. Where can we take a look to try and tweak something like this? I have no idea where to start.

P.S. And there it is, I posted a new bug related to the large chest storage management. :)
https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClo ... mment-9235

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

There is some sort of bug that makes tons of animals - mainly horses and wolves - spawn in the water near my house.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Segmented Worm wrote:There is some sort of bug that makes tons of animals - mainly horses and wolves - spawn in the water near my house.
Indeed, that's a known issue (#558) that I also hope will be fixed soon. :) Hopefully mobs will no longer spawn in houses either.

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

One other thing I've noticed is that mobs can simply hop over fences, I am not sure if this is a bug or just how it is meant to be.

cHyper-0815OL

by cHyper-0815OL » Post

What is missing in the game?

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

cHyper-0815OL wrote:What is missing in the game?
Well enchanting would be nice, but I miss the campfire, composter and stonecutter the most. A blast furnace would be great, as well as a smoker.

And crafting would be a lot more convenient if you could do it like in Minecraft, by having the items aside and click it to auto-fill in the recipe. But that probably involves a lot of work, if it's even possible at this time with Minetest.
Last edited by Nicu on Sat Feb 22, 2020 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Walker

by Walker » Post

mobs_mc bringt server zu absturz ;)

Code: Select all

2020-02-22 14:46:37: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...netest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/mount.lua:218: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
2020-02-22 14:46:37: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-22 14:46:37: ERROR[Main]: 	...netest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/mount.lua:218: in function 'drive'
2020-02-22 14:46:37: ERROR[Main]: 	....minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/pig.lua:65: in function 'do_custom'
2020-02-22 14:46:37: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:3061: in function <...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:2961>

Wuzzy

Version 0.59.0 released! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.59.0 is here! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!

Armor:
  • Completely revised and re-balanced armor protection and durability
  • Don't show chat message when armor breaks
  • Armor is now rated in “armor points”
  • Armor bar displays armor points (0-20) instead of damage percentage
  • Armor equip/unequip sounds
  • Can equip wielded armor with "place" key
Blocks:
  • Zombie head, skeleton skull and creeper head reduce view range of corresponding mob when worn
  • Heads attach to wall when placed at wall
Graphics:
  • Increase field of view
Help:
  • Add tool stats
  • Add armor protection stats
Other:
  • Weapons reduce in durability again for attacking
  • Mobs take less fall damage on fall-damage-reducing blocks
  • Squids are larger
  • Fix crash when player riding on a mob leaves the server (reported by Walker)
  • Rename mod: 3d_armor → mcl_armor
  • Rename mod: 3d_armor_stand → mcl_armor_stand
  • Rename mod: hbarmor → mcl_hbarmor
Last edited by Wuzzy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.59.0]

by texmex » Post

> Zombie head, skeleton skull and creeper head reduce view range of corresponding mob when worn

What, how?

Walker

Re: Version 0.59.0 released! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!

by Walker » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Wuzzy .... i hate you -.- ... WHY !? *cry*
Wuzzy wrote:
  • Rename mod: 3d_armor → mcl_armor
  • Rename mod: 3d_armor_stand → mcl_armor_stand
  • Rename mod: hbarmor → mcl_hbarmor
is it save to update a existing server ?

Walker

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:
Wuzzy .... i hate you -.- ... WHY !? *cry*
kanst du es "konfigurierbar" machen ?
ich mag "damage percentage" lieber ^^

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Version 0.59.0 is here! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!
[*]Armor bar displays armor points (0-20) instead of damage percentage
Oh, dear... the damage percentage made me feel better about my brand new leather armor, which now looks damaged. :P But it makes perfect sense to make it like in Minecraft.
Wuzzy wrote:Graphics:
  • Increase field of view
This one is weird. Which of the Minecraft FOV options is this based on?
Wuzzy wrote:Help:
  • Add tool stats
  • Add armor protection stats
Thanks! :D Any chance to have tooltips with this info in the inventory, chests and the crafting area?

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Nicu wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Graphics:
  • Increase field of view
This one is weird. Which of the Minecraft FOV options is this based on?
86.1 apparently.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.59.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

About the new armor bar:
The thing is, if I make it configurable, the meaning of the armor bar becomes ambigious, which is bad for server play … I need to think of some better solution for this.
Thanks! :D Any chance to have tooltips with this info in the inventory, chests and the crafting area?
Eventually.
is it save to update a existing server ?
I think so. There are aliases. But no guarantees are given. This game is still in alpha stage, so it's your responsibility to back up stuff, etc.
What is missing in the game?
Generated structures (especially villages)
NPCs
Some monsters and animals
Redstone-related things
The End
Enchanting
Experience
Status effects
Brewing, potions, tipped arrows
Special minecarts
A couple of non-trivial blocks and items
Fix horrible mob spawing
Fix horrible mobs