What would you think of an online shop mod?

LC Creations
GitHub: LandonAConway

What would you think of an online shop mod?

by LC Creations » Post

So, currently, I'm working on an online shop mod. It's like VanessaE's currency mod's shop feature where you have a locked chest that is placed down and you can sell to other users. The way it really works is the same, except instead of users going to that shop node to shop, they would type /online_shopping, where there is a list of shops created by several users, and each shop can have their unuque items that can be purchased by any player no matter where they are. This makes it easier so users can obtain stuff without having to search for a shop to find it.

So far, I just have to create an interface for the online shopping part. I have already programming the shop node and its metadata and how it will connect to the online shopping ui. I really want peoples input.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

bosapara

Re: What would you think of an online shop mod?

by bosapara » Post

One of good online shops as i know: Basic Shop (github)

LC Creations

by LC Creations » Post

Can each player have their own store though? Mine can.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

LC Creations wrote:Can each player have their own store though? Mine can.
Depends on what do you mean when talk about own 'store'.

In basic_shop each player can place several items for sale in general / online store.
It's not necessary to have a separate tab for each player.

LC Creations

by LC Creations » Post

bosapara wrote:
LC Creations wrote:Can each player have their own store though? Mine can.
Depends on what do you mean when talk about own 'store'.

In basic_shop each player can place several items for sale in general / online store.
It's not necessary to have a separate tab for each player.
Well, I'll have you know I just completed such mod. Each with their own tabs for organization. You can buy and sell four stacks at once. Each store has their own item. If the store list gets filled with spam, admins can remove the stores and I'm working on many features for admins only to manage the "online stores". Each player can also have several stores with their designated names and their own tabs. You can see who is the owner of the stores if you want and they can have a full on description for their stores. Great for sologans.
cdb_ac3a146dcafb

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

Answering the title question:
I would consider it a waste of space if it couldn't be used in a singleplayer world.
I wouldn't mind paying 500 minegeld for an iron bar, as long as it could be bought without a second player to sell it.

Sharpik
GitHub: Sharpik

by Sharpik » Post

ShallowDweller wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 03:58
Answering the title question:
I would consider it a waste of space if it couldn't be used in a singleplayer world.
I wouldn't mind paying 500 minegeld for an iron bar, as long as it could be bought without a second player to sell it.
Actualy I'm trying to edit basic_shop mod to be just auto shopping tool even for singleplayer ( https://github.com/Sharpik/basic_shop ).

At my server is only few players so I decided to give them unlimited eShop where they can xchange their things with server instantly.
But you have to make list of all available items and theire prices manualy in "worlds\<your_world>\basic_shop\shops".

I made little php tool for easier price setup of my modified mod version: http://mc.sharpnet.cz/minetest/basic_shop_mod_prices/