31%
Armadillo (Master in the Defense)
38%

Total votes: 29

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.29] [petz]

by runs » Post

v8.30
- Fix: Crash when silkworm eggs falling (the node below breaks).

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.30] [petz]

by runs » Post

Oh, I'm impressed, my mod is up this week on the top of the best mods in the ContentDB ranking. Now I know it's loved by the kids.

I am so happy...

So I promise to make it better.

More petz, more cute, more of more.

But now it's time to be monsters. Terrible monsters. Sorry, kids, maybe now you'll have a nightmare or two.

:-D

Possible supercute monsta.

runs

by runs » Post

Oh, and I forgot! I got on the official Minetest Discord Channel. If you want to talk to me about anything, if you love my mods, anything, you know, we're in touch.

I'm clean (or so they say) and now I want to be popular in the Minetest community too.

See you, guys!

mexilord
GitHub: mexilord

by mexilord » Post

do you mean this discord server? https://discordapp.com/invite/Wr6eXU3
cdb_YJkLZEouLRDk86OvedeN6HxQGBZDb95j

runs

by runs » Post

mexilord wrote:do you mean this discord server? https://discordapp.com/invite/Wr6eXU3
Yes! :-D

runs

by runs » Post

Responding to the Haters:

When I first entered the Discord I was assaulted by a horde of Haters who began to attack me. I was really surprised, and I didn't understand why. It's a good thing I'm not 15 years old and I was perfectly capable of defending myself.

Out of curiosity, I looked up what they were talking about in my mods and was shocked and finally understood everything. My mods have been ridiculed to the point of saying stop, even with personal insults to me. That's why when they saw me they unleashed their rage against me. But since I won't shut up about anything, here I go.

- "Your mod is a shit": They really say that. They don't make an elaborate speech with reasoned motives, no, they simply mention the word "shit".

This is my mod. I made it this way because I like it this way. For my personal use. If I decided to release it, it's because I like free software. If you don't like it, don't use it, make a fork, there are more alternatives.

This is a mod made for kids, hence the style. Yes, and it has a "poop" mode, because kids like "poop", they laugh.

Yes, the syringe breeding was crazy of me, but it's my mod. I'm entitled to whatever I want, aren't I?

- "You have stolen the mobs/textures": 100% of the models and textures are mine, made with Nodebox Editor, this can be checked in the "models" folder, they are all there. The textures were made by me pixel by pixel. Maybe I was inspired by Google photos to make some models, but nothing else. The sounds have their own license README and they are not mine.

Soon I will make and upload a video of how I make the models in an easy and fast way.

- "Your code is mediocre": I'm an amateur programmer. So my code may be mediocre. Teach me to improve instead of insulting me, or fork over and improve it.

- "Your mod has a lot of bugs and crashing": Yes, I always said that, I started this mod from scratch and gradually improved it. I recoded parts to make them cleaner. The mod was in the WIP section. I introduced many requests for improvements and suggestions when almost no creator does it because they don't feel like it. I assure you that if I don't add anything else to it, my mod will have almost no bugs like the others.

I'm really disappointed with the Minetest community. I thought there would be more adult people here who would reason with arguments other than "ass, poop, fart and pee". But I see that it's no different than other websites...

Finally, if you don't like me or my mods, it's simple, just leave me alone and don't use them. I don't put a gun to your head so you can use them or like them.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

I'm afraid that some members might not have been polite.

But the way you depict the situation is very misleading.

First: The Discord is currently unofficial and therefore not representative of Minetest.

Second: You don't stick to the facts. The event you described wasn't as harmful. First of all, there was no "horde". The quotes you are providing ("Your mod is a shit", etc) are not actual quotes.

Ranting about the Discord on the Forum is irritating me as well. If you want to criticise the "haters", do so at the appropriate place, which would've been that discord, and not on this forum thread, so that they get a chance to defend themselves.

And finally, to quote some things you said yesterday which obviously don't match with your claims:

- "I'm officially naming you the first hater of my game." - where's the horde?
- "Bye and thanx 4 u support" - ?

You are badmouthing the Discord without valid reasons and not in an appropriate way.

The UMTD (Unofficial Minetest Discord) is properly moderated and if you feel insulted, you should have contacted the moderators instead of badmouthing the entire discord, which I consider to be a welcoming and productive community, over here.

There also is quite a difference between reasonable criticism & unjustified hate.

So in conclusion, your claims seems unjustified to me.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

runs

by runs » Post

I honestly would have expected a better reception or even none at all.

If I tell it here because I'm pissed off. I think I'm entitled because I felt so attacked and using irony is one of my smartest weapons.

No responses in the Discord, and I hope I don't get tackled again because maybe I'll lose my temper, catch up with them and I get banned.

In my language there is a saying that is: "Wh*re and to top it off I put the bed", which is like a message of resignation. Well, I don't.

Good thing I'll be out of it by tomorrow.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

I agree with this, the Unofficial Minetest Discord community is not even close to representative of the Minetest Community (which is in general quite nice).
I'm sorry you had such a rough experience, runs.
LMD wrote:You are badmouthing the Discord without valid reasons and not in an appropriate way.
I beg to differ. Everything he said here, from what I saw at the UMTD's chat logs, was more-or-less truthful.
LMD wrote: Ranting about the Discord on the Forum is irritating me as well. If you want to criticise the "haters", do so at the appropriate place, which would've been that discord, and not on this forum thread, so that they get a chance to defend themselves.
With the "community" the UMTD has, I guess that would have ended up in a ban.

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

Don't listen the haters, they are only jealous that they never made anything that good.

Look at this video. I think, you are experiencing the stress point 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUcp2bNTwBg
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Public discords, as a rule, are terrible. They're like a race to the bottom, and always seem to devolve into nasty cliques full of lonely, bitter people who snipe at everyone and everything. Best to just avoid them entirely.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

CalebJ wrote:
LMD wrote:You are badmouthing the Discord without valid reasons and not in an appropriate way.
I beg to differ. Everything he said here, from what I saw at the UMTD's chat logs, was more-or-less truthful.
This is an empty claim. I just looked through the logs myself and find only one mention of a user saying "this mod is shit". There have been plenty of partially rude criticisms, but they are all outweighed by plenty of reasonable criticisms.
LMD wrote:Ranting about the Discord on the Forum is irritating me as well. If you want to criticise the "haters", do so at the appropriate place, which would've been that discord, and not on this forum thread, so that they get a chance to defend themselves.
With the "community" the UMTD has, I guess that would have ended up in a ban.
Considering you seem to have a bias against it, I am not surprised you would think this. I can assure you it would not have resulted in any form of punishment (provided no rules were broken in the process).
Mantar wrote:Public discords, as a rule, are terrible. They're like a race to the bottom, and always seem to devolve into nasty cliques full of lonely, bitter people who snipe at everyone and everything. Best to just avoid them entirely.
This can be very true, but just like the Minetest Discord community, this is not representative of all public Discord servers. The Minetest Discord server is rather tame in this respect.

Regarding criticism to this mod:
Might I remind you that the mod was originally removed from the ContentDB for copyrighted materials and then almost removed again for some of the mechanics introduced. Criticism concerning choices of implementation and media should not be unexpected.

Your models are your own, and to my knowledge, no one ever said otherwise. The issues recently discussed by the Discord community were strictly concerning your methods of promotion and how they constituted copyright infringement. This is a serious and valid concern. You were not very civil in that discussion.

People saying "your code is bad" or "your mod is buggy" or "your mod crashes a lot" will happen anywhere. It will happen on the forum, it will happen on Discord, it will happen in Minetest itself. You will not find a single community that does not have at least one person that tells you this. A good modder takes it in stride and tries to fix it or simply ignores the people giving empty criticism.

The Minetest Discord community is very civil and welcoming. In fact, there are only 2 users (out of all 850 current members of that Discord) that used any empty insults against you. They are not representative of the Discord community. I will admit that some days have gotten dicey, but that is to be expected. More people are at home now and seeking for interaction. With the forums being intermittent, people are searching for other avenues of communicating with the Minetest community. Our staff are keeping up with rising demand as best they can.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

runs

by runs » Post

My complaints are not against the Minetest staff or the Discord moderators, but the malicious attitude of some Discord members.

Just one last clarification: My mod itself did not contain any copyrighted material. Just the promotional banner, the ContentDB thumbnail. A picture I took of Devianart and the author claimed it was his. Apparently he was lying. Okay, fine, I get it, have the mod removed. What I'm complaining about is that those Discord users accused me of violating licenses and that I knew about it. And the worst thing is that I felt that they were happy that something bad happened to me. They're bad people, I'm sorry to say, but that's the way it is.

And please no more messages here, I just wanted the guys to see that. Not to generate debate, although I like to be the center of attention, that is the truth and to receive some support. Who doesn't want it?

runs

by runs » Post

Hey, guys, I'm gonna upload a video to Youtube, where I create the next Petz.

Nodebox Editor -> Blender, Krita -> Gimp. And the secret of a fast and easy UV Mapping.

And all in less than an hour!

I will do the butterfly (easy difficulty) or a rat (medium difficulty).

Exciting: I will use the Random Choice Generator to to select which one I do.

runs

by runs » Post

Finally Real Butterflies in Minetest!!!

runs

by runs » Post

v9.0

- Butterflies!!!

See them in action. In 6 colors. They spawn everywhere!

Give some color to your world!

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.0] [petz]

by runs » Post

Oh, I had fun making this one. It was the easiest. I made a video, but I got nervous and did a lousy job. Plus my Spanish accent when I speak English is horrible. I sound like a retard. :-(

My next mob that will be the rat (monster) I will do it step by step, by chapters along some days, and I will upload it to the forum, but without talking.

The tricks are several:
- Make the model in the Nodebox Editor, limited in a cube of 16x16x16 max (or 32x32, or 24x16...). Each nodebox (1/16) represents a pixel of the future 16x16 texture (Look at the butterfly. Every pixel of the texture is a nodebox face). This provides to do the UV Map easiest. If you want to give more detail to the texture, it's done at the end with the Gimp, rescaling.
- When importing to Blender do join the meshes.
- Set the display to certain values that fits with the Minetest scale of 1/16.
- Apply "Recalculate Outside" to the mesh to avoid transparent issues.
- Make the Vertex Groups for the bones.
- Create the bones and align them to the Vertex Groups with tricky shorcut commands.
etc. etc.

mexilord
GitHub: mexilord

by mexilord » Post

runs wrote:Hey, guys, I'm gonna upload a video to Youtube, where I create the next Petz.
whats your youtube channel?
cdb_YJkLZEouLRDk86OvedeN6HxQGBZDb95j

Clyde
GitHub: acmgit
In-game: clyde

by Clyde » Post

Hello,

on my Server, i use the last version of your mod. It runs best but i have a strange and funny behaviour on the mod:

If a player tames a horse and then he is riding the horse, this happens:

If the player leaves the horse, he has the normal size ;-).
Greetings, Clyde.
Attachments
riding_a_horse.jpg
riding_a_horse.jpg (113.29 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
My Server: Welcome to Zeitsprung - deadsoft.org:49152 Jungle The next Gundul - jungle-tng.deadsoft.org:49152

shazen

by shazen » Post

Hi !
Yes Kids love your animals and not only kids ;-p
My nephews enjoy them a lot, even though the youngest, 6, is so afraid by the wolves. It's so cute seeing them taking care of their petz.

Excuse me if my question is stupid but in order to configure the module do i have to do it in petz.conf or in minetest.conf ? i did it in petz.conf but some settings don't seem to work. Example there is blood but blood is false.

i encounter the same strange behavior as @Clyde with the player size when riding a horse, that's funny but annoying ;-p

Continue to bring us more petz.

runs

by runs » Post

Clyde wrote:Hello,

on my Server, i use the last version of your mod. It runs best but i have a strange and funny behaviour on the mod:

If a player tames a horse and then he is riding the horse, this happens:

If the player leaves the horse, he has the normal size ;-).
Greetings, Clyde.
Oh, I will solved the issue when the player dismounted and the size was too small, but I forget when you mount. I will check.

It is a Minetets issue, cos I do not have this issue, when you set the visual size and yo make then pointable at the same time.

In your case to avoid it yo have to set: 'pointable_driver = false' in petz.conf. This should solve the issue.

I will try to fix the issue in the next version. I realize that changing the properties in two separated calls could solve the issue.

I would try a workaround.

runs

by runs » Post

shazen wrote:Hi !
Yes Kids love your animals and not only kids ;-p
My nephews enjoy them a lot, even though the youngest, 6, is so afraid by the wolves. It's so cute seeing them taking care of their petz.

Excuse me if my question is stupid but in order to configure the module do i have to do it in petz.conf or in minetest.conf ? i did it in petz.conf but some settings don't seem to work. Example there is blood but blood is false.

i encounter the same strange behavior as @Clyde with the player size when riding a horse, that's funny but annoying ;-p

Continue to bring us more petz.
Example there is blood but blood is false.
Blood is disabled by default (blood = false in petz.conf). I have no blood in my particular game with (blood = false). I thing you are confused with other mobs of other mods (mobs_redo?). I copied its feature indeed. :-) See if the mobs correspond with the pictures of the first post.
with the player size when riding a horse
Put 'driver_pointable = false' in petz.conf. In the upcoming version I will try to fix it.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

runs: I don't think the player size is a Minetest issue. You just have to keep in mind that your model's scale will be multiplied with the visual size of the entity it's attached to. You could see my advanced weapons mod for an example of working around this.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

deleted
Last edited by runs on Sun Apr 19, 2020 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

v9.1
- Fixed giant driver.