38%

Total votes: 29

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.8] [petz]

by LMD » Post

No, it's the other way around, those mods should be compatible with all other mods that add entities.
I don't think so. It seems that your mod is at fault here. armor_groups = {fleshy=10, radiation=10} - this means that your petz only take 10% damage from hits & radiation - ridiculously low. This most likely means that you could hit them with a steel sword without anything happening.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

LMD

by LMD » Post

No, it's the other way around, those mods should be compatible with all other mods that add entities.
I don't think so. It seems that your mod is at fault here. armor_groups = {fleshy=10, radiation=10} - this means that your petz only take 10% damage from hits & radiation - ridiculously low. This most likely means that you could hit them with a steel sword without anything happening.

runs

by runs » Post

LMD wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 14:45
This is for armors, not petz.

runs

by runs » Post

v9.9
- Fix: Crash in fish_remove function [Thanks to Xachman].
- Fix: Tarantula, butterfly & rat did not spawn.
- Changes in the spawn system:
-- Now all the petz in the 'petz_list' in the 'petz.conf' configuration file spawn by default. To avoid that certain petz to spawn set a "_disable_spawn" setting in petz.conf.

Code: Select all

##Disable here some mobs to not spawn
###Add the type name of the petz plus "_disable_spawn"
###Normal bees should not spam!!!
bee_disable_spawn = true
-- New "spawn_peaceful_monsters_ratio" setting to set the ratio between peaceful mobs vs monster mobs.

#ratio paceful/monsters (0-1)
##'is_monster' is an entity definition
##I.e. a ratio of 0.7 means that is more probable (20% more) more peaceful mobs than monsters
spawn_peaceful_monsters_ratio = 0.7
Last edited by runs on Wed Apr 29, 2020 18:12, edited 3 times in total.

LMD

by LMD » Post

This is for armors, not petz.
Indeed.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.9] [petz]

by runs » Post

v9.10
- Fix: If 'disable_monsters' set to true, overrides the "spawn_peaceful_monsters_ratio" setting.

kevins
GitHub: Kevin-Sangeelee
IRC: kevinsan

Re: [Mod] Petz [v8.30] [petz]

by kevins » Post

runs wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 13:39
Responding to the Haters:
Finally, if you don't like me or my mods, it's simple, just leave me alone and don't use them. I don't put a gun to your head so you can use them or like them.
In a similar vein, I think you should simply ignore anyone who doesn't communicate with basic civility, since it frees you to focus on more constructive conversations. If you're feeling generous, it sometimes helps to guide rude conversations back on track (I think antagonisms are sometimes 'cultivated' by less scrupulous elements of the gaming industry, hence sometimes a 'useful idiot' culture emerges and proliferates).

Take care not to extrapolate a few idiots elsewhere to the Minetest community - though not something I'm part of, I have been reading and learning enough over the last year that it's clearly one of the most positive parts of the Internet - far from the ruthless world of click-bait and exploitative practices that have characterised the last decade.

Thanks for sharing your code, and contributing to free software!

runs

by runs » Post

kevins wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 00:31
runs wrote:
Finally, if you don't like me or my mods, it's simple, just leave me alone and don't use them. I don't put a gun to your head so you can use them or like them.
In a similar vein, I think you should simply ignore anyone who doesn't communicate with basic civility, since it frees you to focus on more constructive conversations. If you're feeling generous, it sometimes helps to guide rude conversations back on track (I think antagonisms are sometimes 'cultivated' by less scrupulous elements of the gaming industry, hence sometimes a 'useful idiot' culture emerges and proliferates).

Take care not to extrapolate a few idiots elsewhere to the Minetest community - though not something I'm part of, I have been reading and learning enough over the last year that it's clearly one of the most positive parts of the Internet - far from the ruthless world of click-bait and exploitative practices that have characterised the last decade.

I know all that, but when it's time I feel like killing someone. Ha, ha, ha.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

kevins wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 00:31
runs wrote:

Nicely put.

Bastrabun

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.10] [petz]

by Bastrabun » Post

2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback on_playerReceiveFields(): /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_forms.lua:341: attempt to index field 'colors' (a nil value)
2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_forms.lua:341: in function 'create_affinity_form'
2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_forms.lua:227: in function 'func'
2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:106: in function </home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:100>
2020-04-30 10:47:00: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function </home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:413>
Last thing I did was bring up the formspec for my pony and click on the heart icon.
Whatever I say is CC0

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

runs wrote: I've discarded the 'realistic' model. I prefer the kawaii one cos it is more adorable :-)
That's a pity! The other sheep (and goat? or male sheep?) look great as well! We really can't really bread lambs...that's brutal!
runs wrote: But if anyone interested, here the Blender model:
Thanks for sharing them! I still hope for herds of sheep and perhaps cows eventually. I've already built a shepherd's wagon some time ago but not really the time to do anything more in that regard. Eventually I'd like to have a world where sheep, cows and the like do not roam around freely but are kept by their owners (who might be willing to sell one to a passing player). Only wild animals like deer and the like ought to hop around in the wild.
A list of my mods can be found here.

runs

by runs » Post

v9.11
- Fix: Crash when click on heart icon.

runs

by runs » Post

runs wrote: I've discarded the 'realistic' model. I prefer the kawaii one cos it is more adorable :-)
That's a pity! The other sheep (and goat? or male sheep?) look great as well! We really can't really bread lambs...that's brutal!
Well, you can actually breed lambs.

I will release these three sheep models to rethinking about that.

runs wrote: But if anyone interested, here the Blender model:
Thanks for sharing them! I still hope for herds of sheep and perhaps cows eventually. I've already built a shepherd's wagon some time ago but not really the time to do anything more in that regard. Eventually I'd like to have a world where sheep, cows and the like do not roam around freely but are kept by their owners (who might be willing to sell one to a passing player). Only wild animals like deer and the like ought to hop around in the wild.
Well, in real life the farm animals are in stables or then escaping. :-) Even they need a shepard if they go for a ride.

If you put a bowl the petz should stay close indeed, even lambs should stay close to it.

Oops! I've realized that I have already a 'petz_trough.nbe' created in the 'nodeboxes' folder to be implemented as an alternative to the bowl. I have to put it into action.

What do you mean for kept by their owners? Tamed petz always belong to their owners, just they have to be saved in a stable. If the owner travels, what would happen with not enclosed petz?

I have an idea to implement herds. But herd related to itself and maybe a shepherd with a shepherd's stick. MY idea to create herds is to mark a checkbox in the lamb and then that lamb try to stay joined with the herd. And when the shepherd carries his stick, all that herd will follow.

Bastrabun

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.11] [petz]

by Bastrabun » Post

When I try to use a stack of syringes on a pony, the stack disappears and is replaced by a single syringe with ... welll ... a filled syringe. I'd prefer one sringe be deducted from the stack and placed as a single item into my inventory. :)
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

by runs » Post

Bastrabun wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 09:29
When I try to use a stack of syringes on a pony, the stack disappears and is replaced by a single syringe with ... welll ... a filled syringe. I'd prefer one sringe be deducted from the stack and placed as a single item into my inventory. :)
Bug, I will fix it.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

runs wrote: What do you mean for kept by their owners? Tamed petz always belong to their owners, just they have to be saved in a stable. If the owner travels, what would happen with not enclosed petz?
What's mostly bothering me (even though I understand the need from a gameplay perspective) is that domesticated animals run around everywhere and can be adopted and tamed by any passing player. In RL, domesticated animals usually belong to someone. And that someone wants to keep them for himself in order not to starve (in historic times). Unowned "wild" domesticated animals might be seen as competitors for food of your own animals and either be caught and kept or slaughtered.

There may be some exceptions (wild goats placed on islands, wild horses in America and Australia), but they're exceptions and not the rule. Wild animals are usually diffrent from domesticated ones.

All usable mob mods spawn domesticated mobs somewhere in the wild. It's the only way for players to get them. I'd personally prefer if they where sold by farmers at high prices. But that requires farmers willing to trade...
runs wrote: I have an idea to implement herds. But herd related to itself and maybe a shepherd with a shepherd's stick. MY idea to create herds is to mark a checkbox in the lamb and then that lamb try to stay joined with the herd. And when the shepherd carries his stick, all that herd will follow.
Yes, that would be nice. And your idea with them following the stick-wielding shepherd might be sufficient. That part of the code seems to work very well in mobkit. So maybe follow stick-wielding shepherd + otherwise eat grass (walk randomly about) and occasionally check if too far from shepherd and go back to him if needed might do very well already.
A list of my mods can be found here.

runs

by runs » Post

v9.12
- Fix: Stack of syringes does not dissapear when applying on a pony. Obviously syringes with seed are not stackable.

runs

by runs » Post

The New Sheep Model.
Licence: GPLv3 and CC4.
Attachments
petz_sheep_goat_v3.zip
Download
(188.47 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Last edited by runs on Sat May 02, 2020 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v9.12] [petz]

by runs » Post

I've created a poll to decide to change the lamb model.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

I prefer the current one, so that's my vote :)

runs

by runs » Post

v9.10
New petz for your farm: Goat!

- In 3 colors.
- Milkable.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v10.0] [petz]

by runs » Post

v10.1
- Added some food: Raw Goat and Roasted Goat Meat.
- Added Shepher's Crook: Still no use.

CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Petz [v10.1] [petz]

by CalebJ » Post

Nice! Was kinda hoping that model got put to use. Too bad they can't climb trees yet ;)

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

nice new models! :)

runs

by runs » Post

v11

- New feature: It was added a button in the petz form to allow abandon your pet safely (ask for confirmation).

Herding

- You can create herds of lambs or goats.
- Check "Herding" for individuals in its form.
- Behaviour: Herd members tend to keep joined with their congeners.
- Become a Shepherd! Do craft a crock and then the herds will follow you (if you are the owner).
- New settings in petz.conf: 'herding_members_distance' & 'herding_shepherd_distance'