[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

Anyone

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.64.0]

by Anyone » Post

Wuzzy, please, add dynamic light to wielded items like torches. It's also a miss of original game.

Anyone

by Anyone » Post

I also had question: is it normal that hitboxes don't turn when mob's model really changes the angle while creature moves& Is it possible to be fixed ?

nelkat

by nelkat » Post

Anyone wrote:Wuzzy, please, add dynamic light to wielded items like torches. It's also a miss of original game.
I've been using the illumination mod for this. Seems to work fine with it.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.63.0]

by Nicu » Post

Codesound wrote:Minetest 5.2, Mineclone 2 0.63.0
I don't find apples tree
MineClone 2 is about offering a Minecraft experience and, as silly as it seems, apples only grow in oak trees in Minecraft. :))

@nelkat: I spent some time killing all the mobs and their drops were a parting gift. :P They're still more than what we'd find in Minecraft but it's more reasonable now. I hope the mobs generation will reflect that of Minecraft, as soon as possible.

P.S. Illumination is a useful mod, but the unmodded Minecraft doesn't have that feature.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

all animals migrate towards the water and attempt to drown themselves en masse . could you at least put them out of thier misery after they get stuck and respawn them on dry land , all that splishing and sploshing is driving me nuts .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

minetest_npc
GitHub: gubbu

by minetest_npc » Post

i have modified the games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua: to get mobs to take damage from Magma Blocks (in mineclone the node is called mcl_nether:magma). At first i tried to modify the damage_per_second in mcl_nether/init.lua .. but this had no effect on the mobs.... why? Here is the code where the magma block is registered... the damage_per_second line i have added does not have any affect on the mobs....

Code: Select all

minetest.register_node("mcl_nether:magma", {
   damage_per_second = 4*2, --does not work for mobs?
})
after that i decided to modify the local do_env_damage = function(self) in the games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua .. i thought that only mobs which can receive fire damage can also receive damage from magma blocks so i added the following code:

local do_env_damage = function(self)
	-- fire damage
	elseif self.fire_damage > 0
	--ME: added check if standing on magma block: all mobs which can take fire damage are also damaged by magma blocks, unlike general damage_per_second, which applys to any mob?
	and (nodef.groups.fire) or self.standing_on == "mcl_nether:magma" then
        --ME: is this not redundant? look at the elseif above
		if self.fire_damage ~= 0 then

self.health = self.health - self.fire_damage
            --ME: like in the real game: do not burn the mob, if it is standing on Magmablocks:
            if self.standing_on ~= "mcl_nether:magma" then
			    effect(pos, 5, "fire_basic_flame.png", nil, nil, 1, nil)
			    if check_for_death(self, "fire", {type = "environment",
					pos = pos, node = self.standing_in}) then
				    return true
			  end
	--ME: do not cook the dropped loot of mobs which died on the magma block like in minecraft:
	   elseif check_for_death(self, "water", {type = "environment",
				pos = pos, node = self.standing_in}) then
					return true
            end
end
.. but the mobs do not try to run away when standing on the magma_block which harms them even though I added the following line in local is_node_dangerous = function(self, nodename):

local is_node_dangerous = function(self, nodename)
	if self.fire_damage > 0 then
--ME: added second condition for magma blocks
		if minetest.get_item_group(nn, "fire") ~= 0  or nn == "mcl_nether:magma" then
			return true
		end
	end
end
so magma blocks do damage now in my modified version ... but the mobs are not afraid of the damage and maybe it is not the best way to do it...

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

@cuthbertdoublebarrel You seem to be new to MineClone 2. :P They don't try to drown themselves. They're malformed fish, in shapes of land mammals, that live on water indefinitely. :))

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

Nicu wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:25
@cuthbertdoublebarrel You seem to be new to MineClone 2. :P They don't try to drown themselves. They're malformed fish, in shapes of land mammals, that live on water indefinitely. :))
well the fish are not at all happy with this and are leaping onto the banks in protest in the main game.
prehaps if we let these entities mix it would solve the identity crisis .?
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

2020-05-02 13:08:12: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback on_leaveplayer(): ...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:627: attempt to index local 'inv_t' (a nil value)
2020-05-02 13:08:12: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-02 13:08:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:627: in function 'return_fields'
2020-05-02 13:08:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:672: in function <...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:670>
2020-05-02 13:08:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...etest520/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function <...etest520/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:413>

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Oooh! :D villager.lua? I haven't found villagers in MineClone 2. Are there any?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nicu wrote: Oooh! :D villager.lua? I haven't found villagers in MineClone 2. Are there any?
There are, but they don't spawn naturally, and there are no villages spawning.They also can't talk. Trading is possible to some degree. Join the "Sono un altro clone" server, go to the (manually spawned) village there, search for the crossing with the sign in the village, dig the right gravel (the only one you can), and you'll get villagers spawning from a manually placed spawner.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Pxtl
GitHub: Pxtl
IRC: Pxtl
In-game: Pxtl

by Pxtl » Post

Hey, just wanted to post a big thanks for this mod. I'm hosting my daughter's Socially Distant Birthday Party on a Mineclone 2 creative-mode server tomorrow. My girls have been playing with it for weeks. Thanks for the tips earlier about skins, folks, they work great.

Only thing I can't find is commands - I've been using /time and /teleport and /grant, so I've got the rough stuff on how to manage the kids, but I can't see how to control weather and I'm curious what I can toggle. Is there any guide to MC2's console commands? Does it offer any beyond the built-in MT ones (documented here:https://wiki.minetest.net/Server_commands)? I can see stuff in the "grant all" list that implies some powers I don't know how to access.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Pxtl,

I think there’s hardly any extra commands for MCL2. But alot of the commands in command mods for MT are generic, thus fitting MCL2 too.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Pxtl wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 02:38
Hey, just wanted to post a big thanks for this mod. I'm hosting my daughter's Socially Distant Birthday Party on a Mineclone 2 creative-mode server tomorrow. My girls have been playing with it for weeks. Thanks for the tips earlier about skins, folks, they work great.

Only thing I can't find is commands - I've been using /time and /teleport and /grant, so I've got the rough stuff on how to manage the kids, but I can't see how to control weather and I'm curious what I can toggle. Is there any guide to MC2's console commands? Does it offer any beyond the built-in MT ones (documented here:https://wiki.minetest.net/Server_commands)? I can see stuff in the "grant all" list that implies some powers I don't know how to access.
You should be able to run /help all to see all available commands
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

how do iron golems spawn?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Place 4 iron blocks + 1 pumpkin like so:

.P.
III
.I.
. = air
P = pumpkin
I = iron block
Place the pumpkin last.

I should probably find a way to expose this behavior to the player more directly …

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

thx very much

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

also how does the end dragon spawn?

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

and why is there a minecart with tnt yet not one with a hopper?
sorry for all the questions :p

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The end dragon can be gotten with the /give command only, but it's very incomplete and buggy anyway.

And there's no minecart with hopper because I didn't create one yet. I'm still waiting that Minetest adds entity inventories. This is an important precondition.

Pxtl
GitHub: Pxtl
IRC: Pxtl
In-game: Pxtl

by Pxtl » Post

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

So you're teaching your kids to depend on provably insecure, proprietary spyware for communication? Nice.
Zoom might be more convenient to use, but you have to make a lot of sacrifices to use it …

Zoom seems to be consistently dropping the 40 minute limit for free accounts over the weekends, which was a big help. Honestly the biggest thing that impresses me with zoom, at least on desktop, is that they eschew the normal setup of accounts and logins and all that process - you download an exe for the meeting you've been invited to and you're rolling. No setting up a username and password, no entering in a meeting ID. It was the one bit of tech we didn't have to worry about.
They are obviously trying very hard to lure you into their walled garden. When the crisis is over, they will start to lock things down again. That's for sure. They do not do this out of niceness, this is just clever marketing. Eventually, when everyone depends on Zoom and is mentally unable to use anything else, they will start to dictate prices and introduce more restrictive rules and most people will just obey since they are unable to resist.
For hardcore minecraft fans: Mineclone 2 is a pale imitation. The graphics are a bit uglier, it's a bit slower, the monsters are dumber, animals keep walking into the river and floating away, there are gaps in the gameplay, and there's no villages.
I know, I know. You are right in everything. About the graphics being “ugly”: I have heard a lot of opinions on these, and they are very split. Some people like them, some people hate them. I guess I need to switch the textures eventually (again :-( ). But in my defense, MineClone 2 is not finished. Not even close. Bugs are mentioned very clearly on the title screen. MCL2 is in alpha stage. This is very important to keep in mind!
When we realized that Mumble was a usability disaster, we changed the plan to just use Zoom for the minetest game too.
How about giving feedback directly to the Mumble devs? FOSS devs generally suck at usability, so feedback in this area is very important.
On the other hand, Mineclone 2 also lacks an installation process, but in a good way: you just connect to my Minetest world and you'll automatically download Mineclone 2.
Well, there is an installation process. It's called ContentDB.
It was a hit. I had to furiously type teleport commands as fast as I could to get the kids all into the same area to introduce them and give them the lay of the land:
This suggests Minetest needs a new command for “teleport all players at once”.
Also, apparently you can't teleport somebody out of a minecart in minetest.
Thanks for your bug report. https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/9823
I had to wipe the objects from the world multiple times because mineclone's animals are not coded to support large-scale use and the world would crawl when they created too many of them.
This was basically the stress-test for MCL2, and MCL2 failed. I'm not surprised at all at this, as the code that handles my mobs sucks and is very clunky.
subgame
We have dropped the term “subgame” a long time ago. Now we're just calling it “game”.
The biggest challenge with minetest is the installation process: it doesn't have one. The game is packed up as a raw zip file and you unzip it on your machine. You have to suss out that the executable lives in the "bin" folder (which makes perfect sense to nobody but us programmers), and when you run the exe you'll have to agree to numerous Windows warnings about this unsigned, unverified program that has been unceremoniously dumped into a folder on your computer and is asking for network privileges.
The “proper” Windows installation process on any software is quite insane. You ship an additional EXE with the only purpose of installing things. And this EXE just barfs files into your system as it likes to.
Using a Zip file is even worse, I fully agree. But FOSS developers really hate in dealing with anything Windows-related, because it's not fun to work with. As far I know, there is not real standard way to install things. As far I know, there is no official MS-made installer tool, so there's a amount of 3rd-party installer tools and as a dev you have to figure out which to use. Not fun. The Minetest devs could try to figure out how the installer stuff works, but I doubt nobody really wants to do that. I can totally understand.

This installer nonsense is a direct result of Windows' lack of software package management. On GNU/Linux, you usually have a software package manager, and the installation process there is pretty straight-forward. Just select Minetest in your package manager and you'll get it. No need to trust third party EXEs to barf files into the correct system locations.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Pxtl wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 06:39
Minetest birthday party was a hit.
Videochat, Cupcakes and Minetest – This sounds wonderful!

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

This was basically the stress-test for MCL2, and MCL2 failed. I'm not surprised at all at this, as the code that handles my mobs sucks and is very clunky.
The engine is to blame, as get_objects_inside_radius is still using a linear search. As soon as this is "fixed", that stress test should work just fine. Also, a RPi is a bit weak for hosting many mobs because of it's bad single-thread performance.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

why cant i place blocks on top of the bedrock floor in the nether? or is it supposed to be like that?