by runs » Post

Bread wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 22:05
runs wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 17:39
Bread wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:03
I have not seen fish spawn these days.
Is this because of the function petz.spawn_is_in_deep?
It is an old check function. So no changes in these days.

:-/
I understand you did not change this function in these days but node1.drawtype was not 'liquid' every time on my PC.
5.3-dev?

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.1

- Some fixes in the selling system.

Bread

Re: [Mod] Petz [v11.6] [petz]

by Bread » Post

runs wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 22:12
Bread wrote:
runs wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 17:39

It is an old check function. So no changes in these days.

:-/
I understand you did not change this function in these days but node1.drawtype was not 'liquid' every time on my PC.
5.3-dev?
I am using Minetest 5.2, the latest mobkit and petz v12.1.
I checked again but the same result (node1.drawtype is not 'liquid' every time).

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.1] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.2
- Fixed some inconsistences that allow access to the forms of ponies and lambs to not owners.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.2] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.3
- Retuned the spawn check of deep_water for fishes.
- Reverted: Now admins cannot access other players petz' forms, but can still capture them. Because it caused troubles if the admin played normally.

runs

by runs » Post

Bread wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 23:33
runs wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 22:12
Bread wrote:

5.3-dev?
I am using Minetest 5.2, the latest mobkit and petz v12.1.
I checked again but the same result (node1.drawtype is not 'liquid' every time).
Maybe mobkit changes.

Anyway I've changed and tested and it works in v12.3

To test:
1) Put spawn_interval = 1 in petz.conf to a fast spawn testing.
2) Ensure your fishes/dolphins spawn nodes are water.
3) Go to an area of deep water to observe the spawned fishes.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

Well, now I have to create an adorable Bambi. Samantha asked me, she said it'd be her favorite pet.

Bread

by Bread » Post

runs wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 00:09
Maybe mobkit changes.

Anyway I've changed and tested and it works in v12.3

To test:
1) Put spawn_interval = 1 in petz.conf to a fast spawn testing.
2) Ensure your fishes/dolphins spawn nodes are water.
3) Go to an area of deep water to observe the spawned fishes.
OK. I met Dolphins again. Thanks.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.3] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.4

- Updated an fixed the translations for spanish, french and german. I've completed it with Google translator, but I think I did it in a some decent way.

acidzebra

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.4] [petz]

by acidzebra » Post

I'm not knocking the pet shop stuff, but I feel there is a bit of scope creep there. Have you considered splitting that off into a separate section of the modpack?

runs

by runs » Post

acidzebra wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 14:28
I'm not knocking the pet shop stuff, but I feel there is a bit of scope creep there. Have you considered splitting that off into a separate section of the modpack?
What do you mean? Yeah, maybe Petz is becoming an unmanageable monster. But I try to make it modular (separated api files).

The shop is just a tab in multiplayer. It does not affect performance at all, as it does not affect the entities themselves. It can be disabled by putting "selling = false" in the petz.conf file. What I can do is not even load (api_sell_buy.lua) if it is not enabled.

Another thing is herding, that does affect performance. But even here it is the server or the user who decides.

All thanks to the mobkit management of the things.

But people want new features, they want intelligent animals. They want them to do this or that. You have to find a balance.

frelele

by frelele » Post

In the process of tweaking the conf file I found that "_spawn_biome = ice_sheet" doesn't work.
I am wondering if the whole biome filter mechanism is broken or just this one.

Also I cannot put a queen_bee, tamed or not, in the artificial hive.

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

A player of mine asked, if you could make tamable squirrels that run up and down trees?

Also I managed to breed my first rainbow horse and wrecked it the other day, because it ran too fast, thus "jumped" off a shallow slope (2 by 1 blocks, but at a lenght of 20 blocks, it was still a fall of 10 blocks) and died :D Could you make it that they don't "jump" in a straight line ahead, but fall to the ground on time?
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

by runs » Post

frelele wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 06:59
In the process of tweaking the conf file I found that "_spawn_biome = ice_sheet" doesn't work.
I am wondering if the whole biome filter mechanism is broken or just this one.
I've checked it and it works. To spawn only in "ice_sheet":

Notes:
- You have to set the right nodes of that biome.
- _spawn_biome is unique! No more than one.

Code: Select all

_spawn_nodes = default:snowblock,default:ice
_spawn_biome = ice_sheet
Also I cannot put a queen_bee, tamed or not, in the artificial hive.
No, only bee workers. You already got it! Artificial beehives are crafted with a worked bee, and a worker bee go out when you put the behive in the world, but also a queen bee "magically" is created inside. You can get it breaking the beehive. :-/

I did it this way to make it easier to collect honey with a worker bee from scratch. But I'm thinking it's unreal, in the next version I will make the artifical hives with a queen bee, and the player will have to put the extra worker bees on his own. It makes more sense. :-)

runs

by runs » Post

A player of mine asked, if you could make tamable squirrels that run up and down trees?
I do. But it takes time. Cos:

Terrestrial is almost 2D, aquatic is 3D but free movement, and arboreal is pure 3D.

Arboreal Behaviour is a TO-DO in petz. Currently the chimp has animations for climb/hang from trees, but only can climb and down trunks and maybe hang.

To-Do:
- Arboreal petz should prefer to stand the trees and ocasionally come down.
- Can climb the treetops and come down.
- Jumping from tree to tree.
- Escaping by putting itself safely in a tree.

I'll try, which I don't know if I will.
Also I managed to breed my first rainbow horse and wrecked it the other day, because it ran too fast, thus "jumped" off a shallow slope (2 by 1 blocks, but at a lenght of 20 blocks, it was still a fall of 10 blocks) and died :D Could you make it that they don't "jump" in a straight line ahead, but fall to the ground on time?
I don't understand what happened to you :-D

Does the pony jump too high over small obstacles? Does it run too fast?

runs

by runs » Post

v12.5
- Fix: Dolphins not jumping over the water. :-)
- Now polar bears and penguins spawn in all the biomes with snow, not only in the ice sheet biome.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.5] [petz]

by runs » Post

Hum, I thought a method to do a basic arboreal behaviour.

- Mobs search for trees around from time to time. Tree detection (trunk over trunk nodes and leaves).
- Go for the tree.
- Climb the trunk.
- Go thru the leaves (tricky) to reach the top.

I will do a direct online on my YT channel for the squirrel.

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.5] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.6
- [5.3-dev] Fixed crash with kennel cos a bad wield_image data type.
- Penguins now only should spawn close to a coast.

Bastrabun

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.6] [petz]

by Bastrabun » Post

It ran too fast, and instead of walking down the slope it kept its strairght vector, hovered over the slope and then fell. I'll try to put it into a picture :D
flightpath_and_crashsite.jpg
flightpath_and_crashsite.jpg (129.16 KiB) Viewed 851 times
38 is the y coordinate, I rode it on the small place up there, then down the slope. I expected it to run the red arrow down to a y level of 14. Instead, it proceeded on y 38 along the blue arrow, then suddenly decided to plummet to the ground and die in a horrible crash :P It dropped all items I had attached to it. The slope has a descent of 1 to 2 blocks, it has a length of about 50 nodes.

While recreating the event, I came across this issue:

2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...t-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_dreamcatcher.lua:56: attempt to get length of a nil value
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       ...t-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_dreamcatcher.lua:56: in function 'dreamcatcher_save_metadata'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_on_step.lua:16: in function 'on_step'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/petz/pony_mobkit.lua:110: in function 'func'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:106: in function </home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:100>
What did I do? I spawned a horse I, put a saddle on, 4 horseshoes and then the dreamcatcher. When I right clicked it with the last item, above error occured.

I managed to kill another horse in the same way, do you want me to make a video on how I do it?
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

by runs » Post

Bastrabun wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 03:21

It ran too fast, and instead of walking down the slope it kept its strairght vector, hovered over the slope and then fell. I'll try to put it into a picture :D

flightpath_and_crashsite.jpg

38 is the y coordinate, I rode it on the small place up there, then down the slope. I expected it to run the red arrow down to a y level of 14. Instead, it proceeded on y 38 along the blue arrow, then suddenly decided to plummet to the ground and die in a horrible crash :P It dropped all items I had attached to it. The slope has a descent of 1 to 2 blocks, it has a length of about 50 nodes.

While recreating the event, I came across this issue:

2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'petz' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...t-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_dreamcatcher.lua:56: attempt to get length of a nil value
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       ...t-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_dreamcatcher.lua:56: in function 'dreamcatcher_save_metadata'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/api/api_on_step.lua:16: in function 'on_step'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/.minetest/mods/petz/petz/petz/pony_mobkit.lua:110: in function 'func'
2020-05-08 05:09:51: ERROR[Main]:       /home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:106: in function </home/mt-test/1/bin/../builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:100>
What did I do? I spawned a horse I, put a saddle on, 4 horseshoes and then the dreamcatcher. When I right clicked it with the last item, above error occured.

I managed to kill another horse in the same way, do you want me to make a video on how I do it?
Open the file '/api/api_dreamctacher.lua" and go to the line 53:

if self.tag == "" or not(self.owner) then
If not the same, you get another old version. Please update.

Yes make a video I still do not understand :-D

runs

by runs » Post

Well, I think I figured out: if the pony runs too fast, it's got a lot of momentum on the ramps and suddenly it falls precipitously. It literally looks like the pony flew.

:-D

One question: what were the speed and acceleration statistics of the pony?
I'm afraid I'm going to have to limit the speed of the good ponies.
The "bad" ponies are already going too fast. I don't want to imagine one with its statistics of speed at full throttle, it's like a rocket.

runs

by runs » Post

I have to make a progressive speed formula, not linear, better be a curve, the closer the pony is to the top speed, the slower its progression.

Too bad my math is so bad.

runs

by runs » Post

v12.7
- Fix: Runaway ponies on the cliff.

Bastrabun

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.7] [petz]

by Bastrabun » Post

That's what my api_dreamcatcher.lua in line 53 reads:

if self.tag == "" or not(self.owner) then
I don't see any differences to yours. It is release = 3697 from content db.

Speed and acceleration were 6/7/6

I also have 10/10/10 ones, I'll try the rocket jump with them on the new version. Usually I update as soon as possible, to test quickly for the liveserver.
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

Re: [Mod] Petz [v12.7] [petz]

by runs » Post

v12.8
- Fixed possible crash with saving dreamcatcher metadata.