[Game] XaEnvironment 11.5 [xaenvironment]

CraftologieNatan

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.2 [xaenvironment]

by CraftologieNatan » Post

Hey,
I really like your subgame.

I got a few coredumps without me doing anything special in the latest minetest (5.1.1) version. Also my game crashed everytime when I placed a cmd block.

"AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'exatec' in callback item_OnPlace(): Runtime error from mod 'exatec' in callback node_on_construct(): ...aver/.minetest/games/xaenvironment/mods/exatec/nodes.lua:1554: attempt to call global 'set_string' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...aver/.minetest/games/xaenvironment/mods/exatec/nodes.lua:1554: in function <...aver/.minetest/games/xaenvironment/mods/exatec/nodes.lua:1553>
[C]: in function 'add_node'
/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:368: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:258>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add_node'
/usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:368: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:258>"
When standing on stone (not stone block, but the stone "object") the jump&climbe thingy doesnt work.

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

fixed the cmd (missing ":"), and in the last mt versions i fixed lots of random crashes caused by the mt engine, cuz objects randomly not returns their velocity, dont be suprised of it.

the wall climbing is an invisiable ladder block, it can only be placed in air, so if you light a torch (makes an light block) the climbing wont work, same in gas

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

finally the glowing stones are working and also spikes and drops, the spikes are traps and checking for targets.

are those lagging? i need to know.

try to explore the new caves and always looking over your head

Attachments
screenshot_20200517_174942.png
screenshot_20200517_174942.png (362.12 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

by goats » Post

Can you clarify: Which version(s) of the Minetest engine are needed for proper function of XaE current v7.2? Is the MT 5 & 5.01 the full and accurate list? Thanks!

(Several things do not work at all with MT 5.1, so i would hope to know if the answer is earlier 5.01 version or later 5.2 version. Too bad it is such an ordeal to keep multiple versions of anything such as MT on a Linux box.)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

I dont know how any of the XaE versions works with mt versions (dont looking through logs and lists), just use the newest XaE version with the newest mt version.
But i should atleast tell what mt version the release is made with :)

i have been fixing lots of crashes caused by entities that randomly not returning their velocity.
the latest unreleased version is 99% bug-free and has lots of stuff added

im running win10 64, stuff just crashes in different os, i just keeps fixing bugs and adding stuff.
just report the errors you gets :)
Last edited by AiTechEye on Sat May 23, 2020 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

If an object doesn't return its velocity then I think it was removed or something similar. You need to use self when storing the object instead and check self.object for nil IIRC
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

it is caused in the mobs mainloop, not stored objects.
this bug didnt exist in mt 0.5

goats

by goats » Post

Thanks! I haven't had any crashes or errors logged. Just things like i cannot seem to shear a sheep, i get one-shot killed by birds hiding in grass (or on the seabed, lol), and for ages i could not get a rain barrel to work, but that finally did work since i posted. Maybe it was the surface the barrel was sitting on? (Dirt with grass vs. sand or a wooden roof of an npc house.) ¯\_㋡_/¯

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

sometimes wierd things happens, i often see white lines flashing on my screen,(maybe a glitshy model idk), i havent added some info about how things works yet, but you can shear a sheep if you gives it grass first.

just noticed & fixed a bug, the barrel should be filled after 30 s in rain but did only work when it was loaded

goats

by goats » Post

The barrels seemed to work fine as long i was in a properly rainy environment and the barrel was on the ground.

The sheep i finally managed to sheer. I had tried a few things before, but went back to persisting with the same methods until it worked. I just stocked up on default grass to keep trying. Like i had given up on bows before, but found out if i kept moving the bow to a different slot or trying at another time, eventually it loaded an arrow on left-click. (But if i change to a different activity, i usually have to repeat the process until the bow works again.)

I occasionally get a little screen tearing. The jungle grass certainly is visually weird, but i don't know if that is an intended effect or not. Bits close to the ground look as if they are moving. Maybe it is an effect of lots of overlapping textures?

Anyway, cool game, i'm having a lot of fun investigating it. The crates are a bit extreme with the craters they leave in the environment. Kind of on par with endermen in mcl2. :D Maybe a mobs griefing setting so they can damage/kill the player without such extreme damage to environmental nodes? It really adds up if you are hanging out in one area for an extended time. Been trying to kill them myself either over deep water or by chasing me and falling into a pit. But sometimes they pick a fight with a piranha or something and boom! :D :D

Seriously, though, it is a lot of fun.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

the bows works the opposite to mc, arrow left of bow
junglegrass: double size blocks, can fix the glitshy look later
crates: i have no idea why

and thanks for your response, it's very encouraging when you says what you think :)
Attachments
namnlö22s.gif
namnlö22s.gif (941.06 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

by goats » Post

Honestly, i don't know what the mc conventions are, but if arrows must be in hotbar and left of bow, thanks, i never narrowed down the exact criteria yet.

Crates: because their damage radius is 5 nodes, they are aggressive, and so are things like pike and other mobs.

Also: I have discovered a spacelaunch system. Unfortunately, no parachute for the return to ground. (Posting the image, i see it gives a good view of all the crates craters.) :D

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

ahh you mean from explosions, i thought those

Attachments
screenshot_20200527_195259.png
screenshot_20200527_195259.png (454.37 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.5 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

just noticed the post disappeared so i posting it again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

to send every signal to the unit then to place every block wouldnt work, so instead you have to connect the pcb to it and use it direct from the pcb instead.

to use just send exatec.data_send(''channel'',{connect=true}) to it the first time you are using it.
and put in resurses and items you craft tools with (fuel) to build really smooth.

have fun!

Attachments
2.png
2.png (173.9 KiB) Viewed 1364 times
1.png
1.png (224.83 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

anyone got some experiences of this?

Attachments
screenshot_20200529_133940.png
screenshot_20200529_133940.png (287.85 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

by goats » Post

Caves with stalagmites and glowing pebbles? Indeed i have, if that is what you ask.

They are pretty awesome. I like having to avoid or remove hazards. or using them to my advantage. The glowing pebbles are quite a nice touch. (I also like the way all pebbles stack and attach to surfaces.) Ore generation and exposure in caves is pretty decent. The underground-type mobs are fun, but i had seen them on the surface or close to it already.

Only thing i didn't like so well was a stalactite dropping on me from 20-30 nodes up in the darkness where i could never see it. It also impaled my bones, turning them into an object with no contents. My rather full inventory was gone. :D :D :D The other thing is mobs spawning right on top of the player, even in small spaces. The underground stone monster is crazy dangerous in confined or precarious spaces, at least without more advanced armor. I've taken to carrying default sand around to put on floors of temporary shelters, and used it along with glass inside my home. (I guess if i built wood houses that wouldn't be an issue, lol.)

If i was supposed to notice some different experience from the image and i have missed it, i apologize. :)

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

goats wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 02:07
my bones, turning them into an object with no contents. My rather full inventory was gone. :D :D :D
this also happend me one time, this is wierd cuz the bones is looking for point to add them, this should not be possable.

Edit:now dropping spikes only takes 5 hp, was annoying to die randomly

i tested the add_player_velocity and added some of the coolest things you does in parkour: kong- double/dive - diving in the air

simply run to a block and you will fly up to 8 blocks away before you falling

Attachments
asd3.gif
asd3.gif (957.71 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.51 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Looks great, i've got to check out your latest update. I haven't been playing with XaE just recently.

Yes, i expected the bones thing was probably a weird edge case.

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.6 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

some new things i added recently, and forgot to tell you can do "tictac" or wall jump, simply run, jump and touch a wall.

the craftguide also let you see alternative craft recipes to avoid the trouble with recipes instead of guessing how to make them.

bears to clear wolfies, like hawk is made to clear birds and pike & piranha to clear fishes

Attachments
screenshot_20200615_103437.png
screenshot_20200615_103437.png (789.77 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

by goats » Post

Wolves clear birds pretty well, in my experience. :D And occasionally sheep, but that seems random.

I didn't seem to have so much guessing with the craft guide before, but maybe i did not know i was missing something.

You certainly are one active developer.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

imported pyramids from aliveai.
adding a moon dimension, but its not finished yet, nothing to do there except climbing or jumping around around

Attachments
namnlös.gif
namnlös.gif (777.62 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

by goats » Post

Oh here's a thing i meant to ask before: Are torches meant to randomly disappear after a time?

Edit: Here's a new thing i can ask - all but two of my glowing pebbles disappeared. Is that supposed to be a thing also?

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

torches: burns out after 2 days, glowing pebbles: weird

Otherwise the moon dimension seems to be ready to use, titanium/superfast tools and stuff so you can survive there.
the teleporter are still not working as expected with it yet (placing you inside the ground)
Attachments
s.png
s.png (556.73 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

goats

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.7 [xaenvironment]

by goats » Post

Aha! Thanks. Not sure about the pebbles, it may have happened when i updated by installing the latest master.

I was also wondering about crafting steel. The output only let's you pick up one. nugget. at. a. time. This is fun if you are making 20-30 of them. Maybe i am supposed to be building some automation stuff? (I don't know, i basically never play with any sort of tech systems in games.)

Edit: Those ankle-biting hawks are just murdering everything now, lol. Other birds, sheep, wolves, and still the player as well. Hoping to be able to craft better greaves soon. (Or leggings and boots.)

AiTechEye

Re: [Game] XaEnvironment 7.7 [xaenvironment]

by AiTechEye » Post

The output only let's you pick up one.
hold shift & click