[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

License changed!

by Wuzzy » Post

Here's an important notice!

I just decided to change the main license of MineClone 2 to GNU GPLv3. This change takes effect immediately in the developer version, but the currently stable version (0.65.2) is not affected by this.

Note that some mods still have their individual license attached. This is a dual license, you can pick between GPLv3 and the mod license (I explained it in the README).

The reason for this is because SnarkBoojum on git.minetest.land notified me of license chaos in my game and pointed out problems (thanks for that). Changing the license was part of the clean-up process.

----------
@bzt: I tested your houses, and frankly, I'm not very happy with them yet. The floor is missing somehow.
In any case, I have downloaded the files

bzt

Re: License changed!

by bzt » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 21:33
@bzt: I tested your houses, and frankly, I'm not very happy with them yet. The floor is missing somehow.
Woops, you're right, I've incorrectly selected the area for house3.mts. Sorry about that. Here it goes again. Let me know if there's anything else!

Cheers,
bzt
Attachments
house3.mts
(974 Bytes) Downloaded 37 times

bzt

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.65.2]

by bzt » Post

Nebbie wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 00:13
What I mean is that a Nether Fortress is composed of many different possible large segments, each of which could be a full schematic of their own, and it is random which are included where to form a very large contiguous structure going hundreds of blocks in multiple directions.
I don't think schematics can do that.
Yes, they can, and you have already answered your own question: save each segment into a schematic, then use a small Lua script as I suggested to put the segments together randomly. Easy! You could use handle_schematics for that (which supports segment rotations and can load Minecraft schems too).

For an example, take a look at Mineclone2's igloo, it consist of two segments, stored in two schematic file, yet loaded together. Just pick each part randomly from a set and there you go.

Cheers,
bzt

Wuzzy

Version 0.66.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.66.0 released! Nicknamed “The Experimental Paintings Update”!

Changelog:
  • Main MineClone 2 license changed to GPLv3 (or later) (note: individual mods might still have an additional license. In this case, you can choose. See README.md for details)
  • Add paintings (EXPERIMENTAL, Creative Mode only)
  • Fix redstone dust climbing up doors (thanks, MysticTempest!)
  • Fix redstone dust not turning off when redstone torch is destroyed through the destruction of an attached block (thanks, MysticTempest!)
  • Add a delay before mobs start to suffocate
  • Filled buckets no longer point liquids
  • Saplings now check if there's enough space for trees to grow (thanks, ryvnf!)
  • Fix growing trees being able to destroy blocks like bedrock (thanks, ryvnf!)
  • Change desert temple appearance
  • Remove unused village schematic
  • Fix explosions not properly destroying doors, double-hight plants, large chests, etc.
  • Fix TNT explosions not destroying shulker boxes
  • Fix explosions not updating falling nodes like sand
Thanks to everyone who reported all those bugs.

Chrysolite Azalea
GitHub: ChrysoliteAzalea

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.66.0]

by Chrysolite Azalea » Post

Thank you very much!
cdb_JQUaRqvA1Vho

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.66.0]

by Nicu » Post

Great update, thanks! :D

Ryu
In-game: Ryu

Re: Version 0.66.0 released!

by Ryu » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 15:18
Version 0.66.0 released! Nicknamed “The Experimental Paintings Update”!

Changelog:
  • Main MineClone 2 license changed to GPLv3 (or later) (note: individual mods might still have an additional license. In this case, you can choose. See README.md for details)
  • Add paintings (EXPERIMENTAL, Creative Mode only)
  • Fix redstone dust climbing up doors (thanks, MysticTempest!)
  • Fix redstone dust not turning off when redstone torch is destroyed through the destruction of an attached block (thanks, MysticTempest!)
  • Add a delay before mobs start to suffocate
  • Filled buckets no longer point liquids
  • Saplings now check if there's enough space for trees to grow (thanks, ryvnf!)
  • Fix growing trees being able to destroy blocks like bedrock (thanks, ryvnf!)
  • Change desert temple appearance
  • Remove unused village schematic
  • Fix explosions not properly destroying doors, double-hight plants, large chests, etc.
  • Fix TNT explosions not destroying shulker boxes
  • Fix explosions not updating falling nodes like sand
Thanks to everyone who reported all those bugs.
Nice! great work

Wuzzy

Version 0.66.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.66.1 released! It's a bugfix release:
  • Fix tons of TNT spawning when an explosion affects a TNT block (thanks, ryvnf!)
  • Fix explosions not destroying chorus plants
  • Fix caves carving through water and lava

Ryu
In-game: Ryu

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.66.1]

by Ryu » Post

These paintings are a amazing addition nice job these are far better then Minecrafts

Tinkki

by Tinkki » Post

Hi,

I'm new to MineClone and wonder if llamas are supposed to be tamable in unmodded MineClone 2 [0.66.1]. Survival mode. Now I have 7 llamas, I feed them wheat and can ride them but I never noticed any hearts indicating the mob is "happy" and ready to be bred. Taming wolves, cows, chicken and sheep works fine.
I've read keeping 6-8 llamas together in Minecraft (tamed or untamed) increases probability of a new llama spawning nearby. Is this implemented in MineClone as well?

Thank you!

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

How to disable mobs spawning?
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: Version 0.66.1 released!

by kay27 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 19:44
Version 0.66.1 released!
Hi Wuzzy,

Couldn't you please pick up my commit https://git.minetest.land/kay27/MineClo ... bbf3ba98df with a bit more Russian localization?

Couldn't figure out how to make pull request to your repo for the moment, only to my forked, very sorry for that, I'm a newbie here.

P. S. MineClone2 is amazing....... no words to describe what I feel about it, thank you so much for gorgeous work.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

with every other game the inventory works as intended
unfortunately your inventory is bugged and fails to display correctly making the game unplayable , no additional mods are added .
i really do not want to mess with any settings as the fault is only confined to your game .
i have tried replacing with universal inventory but unable to do so though it works with the majority of games .
can you explain how I can get UI working on MC2
also do you plan to update MC2 to the forthcoming version of MT ?
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

MineClone 2 inventory is working fine with the latest stable Minetest version (5.2)

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-06-12 00-53-39.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-06-12 00-53-39.png (65.57 KiB) Viewed 897 times
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

kay27

by kay27 » Post

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:29
inventory is bugged and fails to display correctly making the game unplayable , no additional mods are added .
What I noticed... the bugs might present in some versions but removes very quickly. Several commits ago here was a totally unworkable bucket, and it's completely fixed now, so... Could you please take try to reproduce the problem on my server with current MCL2 from official repo? If it will appear there as well, if I were you - I would check the client software because I can't reproduce nothing described.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

kay27 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 00:48
What I noticed... the bugs might present in some versions but removes very quickly. Several commits ago here was a totally unworkable bucket, and it's completely fixed now, so...
when Wuzzy updates the game it is reflected in MTs online depostitory . so each time we are notified here in the forum the update shows in MT so i have the latest version .
this is a graphic compatiblty issue therefore it will not show on your server . MC2 is the odd one out no problems with any other games .
the reason i ask about a 5.30 version of MC2 is because i do not have to change any compatibilty settings in 5.30 its automatically configuring itself correctly.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Wuzzy takes the participation in Minetest development as well, but the topic is about MineClone2 which has compatibility declared with Minetest version 5.2.0. Do you mean you're trying to run it with 5.3.0-dev, like e.g. a Crafter game? I wonder what's the reasons for it besides the graphics incompatibility...

cuthbertdoublebarrel

kay27 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 13:15
. Do you mean you're trying to run it with 5.3.0-dev,
if i am inquiring about a 5.3.0 version of MC2 its stands to reason i would not be trying to run it with 5.3.0.
but in light of your post i just did out of curiosity . the inventory is also borked in 5.3.0 .
i am simply curious as to why all the other games display correctly and MC2 is messed up .

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Fri Jun 12, 2020 20:06
if i am inquiring about a 5.3.0 version of MC2 its stands to reason i would not be trying to run it with 5.3.0.
but in light of your post i just did out of curiosity . the inventory is also borked in 5.3.0 .
i am simply curious as to why all the other games display correctly and MC2 is messed up .
Sorry bro, but I feel myself very stupid cause I still couldn't realize what do you mean:
1. Under Windows 10 I've got the latest available Minetest 5.3.0-dev.
2. I've installed fresh git from https://git-scm.com/ to clone latest MC2 with it in folder Minetest/games from https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2 with it by running:

Code: Select all

git clone https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2
3. I started the game and didn't see any issue with 5.3.0 and latest Minetest, so please forgive my stupidity but again... I wonder what do you mean and how do you mean we can reproduce it, and maybe you please show some screenshots?
We're in open-source space so in a theory anyone can help but he/she must firstly understand the problem... Thanks.

P. S. My confirmative screenshot with version of Minetest (5.3.0) and inventory looking good at first look:

Attachments
screen156.png
screen156.png (276.94 KiB) Viewed 897 times

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Seems I couldn't use MC2 mapgen in windows ver. 5.3.0 but nevertheless inventory looks OK in creative mode too:Image
Attachments
screen157.png
screen157.png (129.06 KiB) Viewed 897 times

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

just noticed recently that endermen cant seem to pick up and move TNT blocks. i think in minecraft they do have this ability.

goats

by goats » Post

I've never seen a problem with inventory or unusable buckets or undescribed graphics compatibility issues or anything of that nature. If you can't post a screenshot of your issue(s), please at least try uninstalling the Minetest engine, and reinstall the current stable version (5.2.0). Wuzzy only supports the current stable version. (So when 5.3.0 is released, you will need to use that version with the updated MCL2 if there are any breaking changes in the engine. Wuzzy will clearly announce such.) Sometimes you can use an older version of the engine if there have been no breaking changes, but Wuzzy documents like a champion and you can always see which last version of MCL2 worked with which previous version of MT engine in the original post.

No, you can't use mods like universal (unified?) inventory unless they have code to accommodate MCL2. MCL2 does not use MTG as a base.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

goats wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 04:03
MCL2 does not use MTG as a base.
ah that is most likely the reason for the display incompatiblity issue then and why other games do not have the issue and can be easily modded to taste

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:28
why other games do not have the issue and can be easily modded to taste
Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:29
no additional mods are added
God sees I tried to understand but we're facing a problem with mods which you never added? OK. (Actually not.)

Could you try to put clean unchanged MineClone2 in Minetest/games folder and choose the game MineClone2 in minetest.conf (default_game=MineClone2) before creating the world?

kay27

Re: License changed!

by kay27 » Post

bzt wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 20:50
Wuzzy wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 21:33
Woops, you're right, I've incorrectly selected the area for house3.mts. Sorry about that. Here it goes again. Let me know if there's anything else!

Cheers,
bzt
Hi @bzt, I'd like to test your houses or maybe play with them, could you please share suitable mcl_structures/init.lua if you have it?