[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

RealBadAngel

[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

by RealBadAngel » Post

Technic info and recipes page made by ObKo (old)

Download: Zip file
Or browse the source.

NOTE: As Technic evolves, it often uses features found only in the very latest versions of the Minetest engine. As such, old versions of the engine may simply not work at all with this mod, or may display things incorrectly. It is recommended that you keep your Minetest installation up-to-date, including after-release git/development builds if necessary, as well as corresponding commits from minetest_game.

License: LGPLv2+

Dependencies:
Minetest 0.4.16 or newer, a corresponding copy of minetest_game, MoreBlocks (clone, zip), and Pipeworks (clone, zip).

Recommended:
Moreores (forumdownload) and Mesecons (main site, download)

For further assistance, questions, development discussion, etc. related to Technic, please visit #minetest-technic also.
Last edited by VanessaE on Tue Aug 01, 2017 15:55, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Update all download links to new locations.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

good idea, also to organize the pantry, without putting signs everywhere ...
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

crishity crash it goes crash when you use it!

Code: Select all

15:36:41: ACTION[ServerThread]: RealBadAngel takes stuff from chest at (1,25,110)
15:36:41: ERROR[main]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=3 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-1,1,6)
WARNING: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=3 not found
15:36:41: ERROR[main]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=13 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-1,1,6)
WARNING: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=13 not found
15:36:41: ERROR[main]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=30 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-2,1,7)
WARNING: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=30 not found
15:36:41: ERROR[main]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=35 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-1,1,5)
WARNING: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=35 not found
15:36:42: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...e/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/technic/init.lua:727: attempt to call field 'node_metadata_inventory_take_allow_all' (a nil value)
15:36:42: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread 7f3ed131f740:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-201207261321/src/main.cpp:1741: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Problem solved. Now works also with latest git version. Tested on both 0.4.1 stable and minetest-0.4.1-7ef0a13-win32.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Fri Jul 27, 2012 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

+1 nice mod

any chance of chests with more than 1 page of items?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

now workin on color codin the chests with dyes and allowing editin infotext for chests (i would like to see here shift_click function, would come in handy). next planned idea to implement are subspace linked chests (kinda like enderchests or void chest network from thaumcraft mod in Minecraft)
It will b done in such way that each level of chest upgrade will unlock not only more space but new features too.
For example iron chest will offer just a little more space, Copper one even more space and infotext edit, Silver - again more space, infotext editing and color coding, and so on.
Color coding of chests will also b used to allow sorting stuff when transport tubes r done.
So, just stay tuned for updates :)
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sat Jul 28, 2012 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

cornernote wrote: any chance of chests with more than 1 page of items?
yes, subspace linking will connect all the chests of the same color and you will be allowed to access whole network from one point (chest)

but it wont be done so,like one unnatural huge chest aviable to craft. you will have to build your network out of smaller chests. and you will need resources for that. lots of them. wait. even more ;)
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sun Jul 29, 2012 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

question to moderators, whats wrong with my mod that it cannot be moved to mod releases?

Edit: thx for moving the topic
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Fri Aug 03, 2012 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Read the guidelines

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
yes, subspace linking will connect all the chests of the same color and you will be allowed to access whole network from one point (chest)

but it wont be done so,like one unnatural huge chest aviable to craft. you will have to build your network out of smaller chests. and you will need resources for that. lots of them. wait. even more ;)
I'm not sure I really understand this. Chest will be "magically" connected like ender chest in minecraft or will they need a physical connection? I'm in favour of the second option for a technic pack but of course it's your mod... so what are you planning?
Contributor: Plant aging library
Creator: (soon)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Belgac wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:

I'm not sure I really understand this. Chest will be "magically" connected like ender chest in minecraft or will they need a physical connection? I'm in favour of the second option for a technic pack but of course it's your mod... so what are you planning?
it will be very advanced technology ;)
now im makin the update with first power items.

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Thanks for the answer! I saw the power lines and the discussion about it. Your project looks great, i can't wait to use it.

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

This works really well. Solar panel texture is quite strange... appart from that great work.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

Cool, will it being a IC2 clone? Could you make two things -
1) fit wires volume to their model(IC like) - it can be very helpful for solar panels farm making)
2) make batteries chargeable in battery boxes and usable like a power source from furnace
Please
Last edited by madarexxx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

by 1244 » Post

Could you add electric lamps?
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

madarexxx wrote:Cool, will it being a IC2 clone? Could you make two things -
1) fit wires volume to their model(IC like) - it can be very helpful for solar panels farm making)
2) make batteries chargeable in battery boxes and usable like a power source from furnace
Please
not a exactly a copy, but very similar mod.
1) they already look like ic2 wires
2) just made recharcheable batteries, they will come with the next update, together with workshop - tool repairing machine
1244 wrote:Could you add electric lamps?
im not sure its a good idea. there already many lamps aviable.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

I see, you misunderstand me - i your wires are cool and well working.
But if i make this construction with wires in minetest and in minecraft, i can't interact with furnace/battery box in minetest - i can't see a charge and status. In IC2 i can interact - look pics.
Sorry for many big pics - i can't find a spoiler tag

minecraft:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

minetest:

Image Image Image
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

RealBadAngel wrote: Update v0.62 - Battery boxes now have right click menu with power level indicator and slots for charging/discharching portable batteries.
madarexxx isn't this what you are meaning?

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

no - i mean other thing. I mean i can't interact with battery box (for example) through wires.

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

oh ok!

so just to be sure to understand. (sorry i'm not that good in english)

You mean that the selection box of the wire being wider than the cable (a whole block) you can't click, dig or place objects behind the wire even if visually there is nothing in the way ?

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

You mean that the selection box of the wire being wider than the cable (a whole block) you can't click, dig or place objects behind the wire even if visually there is nothing in the way ?
YES!!!!

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

madarexxx wrote:I see, you misunderstand me - i your wires are cool and well working.
But if i make this construction with wires in minetest and in minecraft, i can't interact with furnace/battery box in minetest - i can't see a charge and status. In IC2 i can interact - look pics.
Sorry for many big pics - i can't find a spoiler tag
a) MC screenshots show not wires but logistic pipes (those will come later to Technic), and machines from BuildCraft not IndustrialCraft
b) power input for all my machines is at the bottom. Place the machine, then the wire. It will autoconnect.
c) all the machines will have power level indicators when right clicked. Like the battery box and the furnace already.

Dany The Red

by Dany The Red » Post

Hello,

Firstly, great mod, I'm looking foward to see more things added to this.

Two points:

- I do think lamps would be a good addition to this mod, but i can understand your POV
- Does the solar panel need to be completely lit to produce energy or is the top enough (where the solar panel texture is)
I'm having trouble powering the furnace right now, altough everything is correctly connected.

Thanks,
Daniel

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Yes but it's not what he means.

He means that the selection box of the nodes are blocking interaction with cubes that are on the other side.

He uses pipes to demonstrate the concept as you lines float in mid air too...

I don't know enough lua to answer on a possible correction of the code.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Dany The Red wrote:Hello,

Firstly, great mod, I'm looking foward to see more things added to this.

Two points:

- I do think lamps would be a good addition to this mod, but i can understand your POV
- Does the solar panel need to be completely lit to produce energy or is the top enough (where the solar panel texture is)
I'm having trouble powering the furnace right now, altough everything is correctly connected.

Thanks,
Daniel
there have to be battery box in the cuircuit. it collects power from powers sources and distrubutes it among receivers. look at the how-to video.solar panel - light level on the node above the solar panel has to be >=12
Belgac wrote:Yes but it's not what he means.

He means that the selection box of the nodes are blocking interaction with cubes that are on the other side.

He uses pipes to demonstrate the concept as you lines float in mid air too...

I don't know enough lua to answer on a possible correction of the code.
ahhh... that will be done soon, propably next update. testin nice lookin solutions atm
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:35, edited 1 time in total.