Server: Amhi & Lavaland
Mods: Armor, mobs, protector/areas, xdecor, shop, caverealms
Description: Use sprint to sneakjump.

https://github.com/jamesalexanderstevenson/jastest

Features
  • Locked xdecor storage nodes with a skeleton key
  • Store and apply armor sets using armor stands
  • Colored glass/panes
  • Multi-colored beds allowing night/day toggle at any time, as well as setting home and respawn
  • Fly Shield & Fast Boots -- These items allow you the privs!
  • Helicopter with distiller -- ferment food with a steel bottle for biofuel
  • 24-hour day/night cycle with /night_toggle command
  • Shops -- Buy and sell and trade, set up to 32 addition pages (trades/sales)
  • Zoom & minimap on by default
  • Skins -- use /skins or [Setup]->Skins
  • Armor -- use /armor or [Setup]->Armor
  • Mobs -- use /mobs or [Setup]->Mobs
  • Sprinting -- hold AUX1 to enable a sprinting state, or toggle using /supersprint, or double-tap the AUX key
  • Sneakjumping -- perform tricks and radical jumps while in a sprinting state
  • Shooter -- make explosions with knockback and rocket jump
  • Stamina and hunger tied together in a unified statbar
  • Books -- save a note with /book <your note here>
  • Homes -- use /sethome [<name>], /home [<name>], and /homes [delete <name>] & [Setup]->Homes Management
  • Backpacks -- place and dig them anywhere; new users get one placed in their backpack inventory automatically, and any item in that (save) slot remains after respawn. If the backpack is in its save slot when you die, all items in your lower 8*3 inventory will be saved in the backpack provided there's room available.
  • Walkie talkies show various waypoints, as well as coordinates and direction, and area information.
  • Area protection in the form of areas mod (/protect) and protector mod (protector:protect & protector:protect2)
CSM
https://github.com/jamesalexandersteven ... m/init.lua
This client mod is included with jastest, but it needs to be placed in /minetest/clientmods wherever your Minetest client is. Enables automatic showing of the minimap with the walkie, a jumping sound, and most importantly client-side sprint key detection.

Information
Stamina and hunger are unified on one statbar. Your stamina drains as you sprint, but quickly recharges when you're not sprinting. Your maximum stamina is limited to your maximum satiation. Armor absorbs most damages before taking hearts. The following values are max 100: hp, breath, satiation, stamina, armor.

The walkie shows information on the HUD when held. Compass and coordinates on the lower right, with area protection information on the lower left. Waypoints are shown for respawn, spawn, death, cmd (/waypoint), and individual players, and can be cycled by left-clicking. Right clicking the walkie opens chat by default, or the terminal if desired.

The shooter gives knockback when you hit things with it. Try shooting your feet as you jump into the air! You can load it with lava and left-click to fire an explosion to give an even greater knockback effect. Right-clicking will always boost regardless of whether it's loaded.

Attachments
screenshot_20200912_102049.png
(470.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200916_065546.png
(623.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200916_065524.png
(422.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Sat Oct 10, 2020 00:17, edited 8 times in total.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

Re: [Game] jastest

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

First glance this looks very promising . a very quick play showed mobs straight off .so you are not spawned into a lifeless looking world .not a clue as what i got to do , prevented from mining anything .so this is not a pick up and play . first impressions though are intriguing ..unfortuntly clicking walkie talkie crashed the game . but i did have a problem unpacking the master zip with a file error.
but overall this is looking good .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

jas
IRC: Freenode

by jas » Post

Thanks. I'll work now to ensure it's at least playable in singleplayer. Then I'll take a look at the walkie and see if I can't eliminate any crashes.

The mobs spawning is done without ABMs, and you can take a look here: https://github.com/jastevenson303/jaste ... it.lua#L15

Edit: The function mobs.loho is issued within an ABM, my mistake, but is also run as a regular poll event here: https://github.com/jastevenson303/jaste ... t.lua#L239 and also from the mobs themselves here: https://github.com/jastevenson303/jaste ... .lua#L2984 and here: https://github.com/jastevenson303/jaste ... .lua#L3176

Update: The game should work fine in singleplayer mode, now. I didn't see a crash with the walkie, but I'll keep testing.

jas

by jas » Post

The repository is located at https://github.com/jamesalexanderstevenson/jastest

I added crouching so you can sneak under 1-node heights. Also added auto-sit function, such that when you idle for one minute your player automatically sits, preventing starvation.

I fixed a bug in the CSM version of supersprint (fall damage avoidance). I also moved the CSM scripts into one script, but haven't merged in the jump sound yet. The CSM is in the root directory of the repository.

Updated the walkie to use new `compass' HUD element type, and fixed the crashing on use for new players; still need to fix walkie to show waypoints for new users.

Attachments
screenshot_20200913_065412.png
(296.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200913_074635.png
(343.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

jas

by jas » Post

Hostile mobs will spawn underground during the night and day, and above ground only at night. Hostile mobs will not spawn inside protected areas.

Adjusted some ABMs, so hopefully performance is better.

You can now use a single Mese Crystal to remove fires. The normal method of water nearby fire still works to remove fires.

Attachments
screenshot_20200912_094250.jpg
(561.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200912_093410.jpg
(390.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200911_091618.png
(738.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Post

Lavaland added to singlenode mapgen. Gotta work on the ABMs now and move some more stuff from Lavaland into jastest..
Attachments
screenshot_20200915_072417.png
(710.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200914_202036.png
(209.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200915_072350.png
(323.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Post

Added a fourth protection mod, simple_protection by Krock.
Attachments
screenshot_20200926_124242.png
(396.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Post

Updated HUD graphics
Attachments
screenshot_20201009_133845.png
(384.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20201009_133839.png