[Server] Play Minetest: Ceased

Mineminer

[Server] Play Minetest: Ceased

by Mineminer » Post

I had decided to cease this seeing as I am just frustrated, unhappy and exhausted of the recent happenings.
Last edited by Mineminer on Sun Aug 30, 2020 20:53, edited 19 times in total.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Minestest Server Hosted on Dedicated Hardware for Nonstop Performance!

by Festus1965 » Post

Good Luck,
but don't expect too much player
ServerList wrote:Players: 575/1187 Servers: 305/345
so in average 1187 / 345 = 3,4 gamer each server ... bye
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Minestest Server Hosted on Dedicated Hardware for Nonstop Performance!

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 01:24
Good Luck,
but don't expect too much player
ServerList wrote:Players: 575/1187 Servers: 305/345
so in average 1187 / 345 = 3,4 gamer each server ... bye
Thank you there! :)

Thank you for explaining that to me though I do expect the server to grow even though it may be very gradual due to the game's limited "popularity". Simply because in addition of the hardware is rated for such, I intend to keep the server as stable as possible and of course give players' a more personal game play experience overall. :)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

deleted, misunderstood,
and when I read moire clear ... even dead link, telling about 3rd party ... no no

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:19
deleted, misunderstood,
and when I read moire clear ... even dead link, telling about 3rd party ... no no
It's okay, I understand the way that Linux state that any "outside" package is a 3rd party package regardless if it from the official source or not is indeed confusing to say the least. That is why I clearly stated from the official site to try to limit this confusion.

Mineminer

Server's Mods Been Tweaked/Replaced for Stability

by Mineminer » Post

Both Smart Inventory and Drawers had to go given they both have server level crashing issues and both authors doesn't seems attentive of such mods.

Even Travelnets had to be not create able anymore to stop those from becoming a crashing issue as well given if left configured unnamed but then attended back again to finish configuring them they will crash the server. Elevators however are here to stay provided they don't cause the server to crash as well as currently they are "best" elevating option at our disposal. As with the others, the author doesn't seems to be on top of issues either so did that. The "travelnet" component of the mod been replaced with Teleport Potions which provides one way Pads.

Though New Factory was able to be updated and Craftguide was installed instead of the Smart Inventory mod. I also added Cleaner to cleans up after some of these messes as well as the Signs mod as well so you could actually read the signs. Item frames mod was also added along with More Ores being reloaded with the latest Github download for Toolranks compatibility.

From here on out I expecting the server to runs considerably more stable.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Now with New Server Guide upon first join!

Thread been updated with mod list as well!

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Server been updated with mobs and 3d_armor. Unified Inventory was added instead of keeping CraftGuide as well as Inventory Bags!

Enjoy!

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Soaring through Github I "salvage" of the following "gems" of mods which still are in working order!
-lagcheck
-restart_gift
-first_hour

Techage Modpack was also added (disabled Stamina and buffered Jetpack and crane limitations though!).

Enjoy!

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Minestest Server! Freshly Been Reset for Technic!

by Mineminer » Post

Server been reset due to various reasons of decommissioning Techage and MoreBlocks for Technic and Stairs respectively.

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Minestest Server! Freshly Been Reset for Technic!

by Mineminer » Post

All mods were updated and even added Farming Regen for hand held automated seeding and harvesting with integration with Technic!

New considerably larger spawn is also in the works, already features a signs' area in case your new to the game, automated guide and free axe giving!

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server!

by Mineminer » Post

Spawn been completed and changes made to OP!

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server!

by Mineminer » Post

Morelights gotten a massive buffer in sense of their light bulb crafting and as well Technic limitations buffered and tuned for servers (disabling nuclear reactors from becoming a potential world ticking time bomb should any reaches a meltdown state).

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Technic gotten some major re-balancing done.

To devalue renewables much like in person, you will now get a serious boost when using comusables instead. The following are their values...
LV Generator: From 200eu/sec to now 500eu/sec (enough to keep a ore processing line going consistently)
MV Generator: From 600eu/sec to now 2,400eu/sec
HV Generator: From 1200eu/sec to now a solid 5,000eu/sec (so you only need two to run a quarry at full tilt)

Nuclear Reactors are now very viable options splitting out an entire mega eu per second for the week's long fuel rods life span. Making them attractive even though they requires a lot of planning, maintenance and risks involved (remember they been already been "disarmed" from being TOO dangerous to the server's environment though. Preventing reactors from becoming world time ticking time bombs or greifers' dream "weapons".)

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

Sadly I can't get on the server anymore. It is partially my fault. I helped get the sound files set up so the Technic Music Player would work and not the media files are too big and my network connection crashes. Ten large ogg files probably did me in. :(
Still it is a fun server and if you can get on, I advise anyone to try it out. Tell them NervousBanana says hi.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Otter wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 00:24
Sadly I can't get on the server anymore. It is partially my fault. I helped get the sound files set up so the Technic Music Player would work and not the media files are too big and my network connection crashes. Ten large ogg files probably did me in. :(
Still it is a fun server and if you can get on, I advise anyone to try it out. Tell them NervousBanana says hi.
Hey NervousBanana, thanks very much for doing that for us but I wonder if it's really because I set this setting way too high? Because I did see high outgoing throughput leaving the machine (at around 25Mbps outgoing from the machine)...

Code: Select all

#    Maximum number of packets sent per send step, if you have a slow connection
#    try reducing it, but don't reduce it to a number below double of targeted
#    client number.
#    type: int
# max_packets_per_iteration = 1024

Since i changed it to 32 times over as the machine have a non congested 1Gbps up and down uplink to it.

Sadly it would significantly increase the first load time so if example we set it to 16x instead it will take twice as long to load the media. However it isn't good either that your connection gotten to the point of crashing your entire network.

So if you needs me to attempt to change this setting do let me know and we can try to see if halving my 32x setting lets you in without crashing your network connectivity. As it may be ideal to sacrifice some performance if players simply cannot handle the throughput thrown to them.

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

I tried again it dies at "Media 0%. My own guess it that it is the size of the ogg files but I don't know. Don't worry there are other servers I can play one.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Otter wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 03:26
I tried again it dies at "Media 0%. My own guess it that it is the size of the ogg files but I don't know. Don't worry there are other servers I can play one.

If your okay with that, I just feels bad of leaving you out here seeing as you were a very dedicated player not to also mention very helpful person to me. :(

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server! Now With playminetest.com Site and Cha

by Mineminer » Post

A new site have now been added! Just go to http://playminetest.com to check it out!

Did I mentioned that we also got a Matrix Chat Room for you to enjoy too? Just join with your favorite client https://matrix.to/#/#playminetest:matrix.org!

Mineminer

Brand New Spawn and Custom Mod by My Friend!

by Mineminer » Post

A whole brand new spacious spawn have been built on our server for current /spawn runs and for all future newcomers to enjoy and easily get information! Check it out below!

Did I mentioned my new friend made a cool "standalone blocks compression mod" for lightening your loads in chests? No more worrying about having to decide to throw away so much cobblestone anymore (or any other common resources you loves so much, you gotta collect them all!).

But wait there more! Because it "standalone", unlike Moreblocks it will not cause your inventory have even one full additional page! A lot better than the many pages MoreBlocks add!

Mineminer

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server! Now With Brand New Spacious Spawn!

by Mineminer » Post

BRAND new server have been rented due to the fact we needed more RAM and it was absolute absurd pricing to upgrade the old machine. So I got a new one at a new provider instead!

Featuring an Intel Xeon E3-1285v6 processor currently hovering around 4.4Ghz of raw power (despite it's base clock only be rated at 4.1Ghz)! As well as Software RAID 1 of Samsung 860 EVO drives!

With of course the extra RAM we needed so now we got 32GB installed!

Carpets mod also been added as well as better buffers to the Beds and Flowers of the game! The beds now been tweaked to allow greater than 1/5 to sleep to skip the night and the flowers been boosted to 4x. Allowing you to actually "farm" them!

Festus1965

Re: [Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server! Now With Brand New Spacious Spawn!

by Festus1965 » Post

make sure the CPU / MTS CAN use the RAM well, by change 2 or 3 parameter to allow to use it. (linux the cache, mts the data and buffer) otherwise maybe worthless

Even my CPU with 3.4 is only used much with mapgen, normal game doesn't matter it ... 15% max maybe.
But with the right settings the RAM is all used after a view hours of gaming = avoid restarts as cache, data and buffer is gone, and need to refill again

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 15:02
make sure the CPU / MTS CAN use the RAM well, by change 2 or 3 parameter to allow to use it. (linux the cache, mts the data and buffer) otherwise maybe worthless

Even my CPU with 3.4 is only used much with mapgen, normal game doesn't matter it ... 15% max maybe.
But with the right settings the RAM is all used after a view hours of gaming = avoid restarts as cache, data and buffer is gone, and need to refill again
Hey thanks very much for the tips! Right now the cache setting been adjusted on Linux and the data retention on Minetest end. However were there one more setting to check? Because here the settings that I have so far as far as RAM settings goes...

/etc/sysctl.conf 
vm.swappiness= 1  
vm.dirty_ratio = 95

minetest.conf 
server_unload_unused_data_timeout = 86400

Festus1965

[Server] Play Minetest: Simple and Friendly Community Built Minestest Server! Now With Brand New Spacious Spawn!

by Festus1965 » Post

this are the one I use and offer on my tuning page. So good luck then.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 22:44
this are the one I use and offer on my tuning page. So good luck then.

Awww thanks you very much! You too. :)