[Server] Xanadu

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by MisterE » Post

So on nathan's epic server Nathan and I upgraded the viron mob mod so that there are babies which grow up, which a normal viron spawn when you kill it, and bosses which spawn a few normal virons when you kill them.

Here is the link:
https://notabug.org/NathanS21/Epic/src/ ... mods/viron

updates also include a few extra textures Nathan made for some variation

UndyneTheUndying
In-game: -Undyne-

by UndyneTheUndying » Post

Shame that river water spreads out very weakly unlike the normal water. None the less it's still very pretty Image
Attachments
Screenshot_20200721_153048.jpg
(402.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ever get confused and think this is part of the post?

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Undyne - This was done on purpose so that rivers in valleys mapgen wouldnt spread out onto the land, but yes :) pretty none the less...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

The asteroids are VERY cool!

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

on cool asteroids there is ofc cool city

public meat farm and water processing plant is alredy done
+ Spoiler
you can crawl in every tank or pipe
+ Spoiler
Ten can you modify cats so they chase and eat bugs too ?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

finally done with demolishing the failed Hidden Ninja Village.
sorry if you liked it, i didn't :P

the chili farm is still there, it was the only building that went as planned.
but it is too far away from the rest of Heaven Islands, so i'll have to demolish and rebuild it eventually.
until then, you can still reach it using the Ninja Airship above my base at White Path.

the Heaven Islands still don't have building plots available, but are open to visitors any time.
you can go there through Heaven's Gate at the golden teleport, Heaven's Gate #2 at second spawn or by using the Ninja Airship.

i started working on the gates of the new Hidden Ninja Village, featuring a famous design from ye olde server ;)
+ Spoiler
seeing that the fabulous Rainbow Market also connects with the Heaven Islands, i'm planning a cosmic gateway station at the Heaven Islands as well.
since we have space now, i can realize this idea i had many years ago based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ihttXPz7I
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

remember the giant Red_Fox statue from the old server?
the one that totally wasn't an armored mecha robot suit operated by ninja kittens, to take over the world.
now guess what i just did:
+ Spoiler
+ Spoiler
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

the "Lost and Forgotten" shop, which was lost and forgotten, has now been found, remembered and re-stocked.
some unpopular items haven been replaced by more desirable ones.
lava orbs and mese monster wings require some diamonds, everything else can be purchased for 1 gold ingot per stack.

Attachments
screenshot_20200802_114320.png
(559.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

update on the Gate Guardians:
+ Spoiler
+ Spoiler
+ Spoiler
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

LibraSubtilis
GitHub: LibraSubtilis

by LibraSubtilis » Post

They look nice (^.^)
I recently joined the server and finished building a house. It is located near the coast, has an atrium and a roof terrace. I am going to use the rooms for storage, sleeping etc. (^_^)

teneighty
In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Post

While checking out the asteroid biome for the first time, I was experiencing a lime green sky when looking at a small area. I turn away maybe 1 degree either horizontally or vertically, and it's normal. Shinji_Ikari and Dr_Crusher89 did not experience the same thing. Anyone else seeing this? I'm using client 5.3.0.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Teneighty - it looks as if your client didn't load the skybox textures properly, try clearing your cache folder and logging back into server to reload textures maybe.

teneighty
In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 06:20
@Teneighty - it looks as if your client didn't load the skybox textures properly, try clearing your cache folder and logging back into server to reload textures maybe.
I can see the space texture if I'm not looking at that particular spot. I thought the sky was static when looking around, only changing on game time presets, but there is a different texture for looking in a specific direction?

I looked for the cache files in ~/.minetest, but I can't find them there and everything looks to be over a year old. Did the local stuff get moved in the newer client version?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

In that case it sounds like the fog effect if a big enough area is loaded and your viewing range is too low it fogs things out, only this time in green... hrmmmmmmm, will look into that one.

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

So yeah, I made an airship
Grailtest is dreaming ...

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

It'll keep the dragon company in its mission to protect Bramble Haven from the marauding Viking panda horde
Grailtest is dreaming ...

Gab888

by Gab888 » Post

I have a question about space : is it normal that the fog in space has another color each time I login? Sometimes it 's blue, sometimes green or yellow...

LibraSubtilis

by LibraSubtilis » Post

I am not able to access the map on jjayr.com (https://mt.jjayr.com/mt/mt02-xanadu2016/) anymore. For weeks I got the error "502 Bad Gateway". Is the map available somewhere else?

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

@Gab888 I don't play with fog enabled but I just tested and the color changes each time I login with fog enabled.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It may be something to do with the new sky/cloud api, will check and see what gives.

Coolstorms

by Coolstorms » Post

LibraSubtilis wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 06:41
I am not able to access the map on jjayr.com (https://mt.jjayr.com/mt/mt02-xanadu2016/) anymore. For weeks I got the error "502 Bad Gateway". Is the map available somewhere else?
Mystik maintains the map. He's not been on in a while and the map often breaks like you've found after a while.

I was already thinking he'd have to modify the map to image convertor to put sky islands in a separate layer. Now with space I think we'd need grey asteroids in one layer, red in another, and the void in another. This would be easier to do as they have set Y coordinate limits unlike sky islands.

Coolstorms

by Coolstorms » Post

Fog in space is coloured, I think intentionally. Not to the point that the whole sky is green in one direction though.

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

Hello,

Sad day for me, someone destroyed my protected home and stole my items because I was AFK:

He wrote on my welcome sign:

He stole all my chests:

He destroyed the ground and the walls:

I play since 2016 on Xanadu and my hard work to collect items every day and build my house has been destroyed!
In the server rules, AFK is not forbidden so I don't understand why a player do that.
Is it really an admin / mod decision?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Edit: well, he came back, now we have a name:
I think he is a hacker, not sure if we can do something for that...

LibraSubtilis

by LibraSubtilis » Post

I am sorry to hear that. Is there really nothing we can do against it?

I hope the road I finished building is not going to be destroyed in the near future. The road connects my house and some other houses with Kelenas post office. The post office is not connected to IceAgeComings road network yet, but it looks like he is planning to connect it. The road is five blocks wide and is made of gravel and cobblestone. The road is not protected, so everyone is able to change its path, if he needs some space.
There are two things I would like to improve. @khoa If you increased the width of your bridge by one, it would fit better to the road. @bonny and @Kelena I would appreciate it, if you connect the road to the roads of the post office.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

YuGiOhJCJ wrote: I play since 2016 on Xanadu and my hard work to collect items every day and build my house has been destroyed!
Without the screenshots I'd have said that your portection might have "expired". It sadly sometimes does on Xanandu. Even though some players build amazing houses there, it's not really a builder-friendly server in the end. At least not if you want your buildings to last. But at least the house looks more like a storage building, so...just materials lost? Those are usually easy to replace.
YuGiOhJCJ wrote: Edit: well, he came back, now we have a name:
That does look like the server owner's name...TenPlus1, can you investigate?
A list of my mods can be found here.