[Server] Xanadu

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by MisterE » Post

So on nathan's epic server Nathan and I upgraded the viron mob mod so that there are babies which grow up, which a normal viron spawn when you kill it, and bosses which spawn a few normal virons when you kill them.

Here is the link:
https://notabug.org/NathanS21/Epic/src/ ... mods/viron

updates also include a few extra textures Nathan made for some variation

KirumiTojo_
In-game: Kirumi -Undyne-

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

Shame that river water spreads out very weakly unlike the normal water. None the less it's still very pretty Image
Attachments
Screenshot_20200721_153048.jpg
Screenshot_20200721_153048.jpg (402.04 KiB) Viewed 1324 times

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Undyne - This was done on purpose so that rivers in valleys mapgen wouldnt spread out onto the land, but yes :) pretty none the less...

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

The asteroids are VERY cool!

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

on cool asteroids there is ofc cool city

public meat farm and water processing plant is alredy done
Spoiler
you can crawl in every tank or pipe
Spoiler
Ten can you modify cats so they chase and eat bugs too ?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

finally done with demolishing the failed Hidden Ninja Village.
sorry if you liked it, i didn't :P

the chili farm is still there, it was the only building that went as planned.
but it is too far away from the rest of Heaven Islands, so i'll have to demolish and rebuild it eventually.
until then, you can still reach it using the Ninja Airship above my base at White Path.

the Heaven Islands still don't have building plots available, but are open to visitors any time.
you can go there through Heaven's Gate at the golden teleport, Heaven's Gate #2 at second spawn or by using the Ninja Airship.

i started working on the gates of the new Hidden Ninja Village, featuring a famous design from ye olde server ;)
Spoiler
seeing that the fabulous Rainbow Market also connects with the Heaven Islands, i'm planning a cosmic gateway station at the Heaven Islands as well.
since we have space now, i can realize this idea i had many years ago based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ihttXPz7I
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

remember the giant Red_Fox statue from the old server?
the one that totally wasn't an armored mecha robot suit operated by ninja kittens, to take over the world.
now guess what i just did:
Spoiler
Spoiler
yes! this the making of the gates to the Hidden Ninja Village. the other guardian will be crafterlouie, he was the 1st ninja of Xanadu. i hope i still have screenshots of him somewhere...

✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

the "Lost and Forgotten" shop, which was lost and forgotten, has now been found, remembered and re-stocked.
some unpopular items haven been replaced by more desirable ones.
lava orbs and mese monster wings require some diamonds, everything else can be purchased for 1 gold ingot per stack.

Attachments
screenshot_20200802_114320.png
screenshot_20200802_114320.png (559.89 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

update on the Gate Guardians:
Spoiler
Spoiler
i don't have any screenshots of Louie, so i made him based on memory and creativity. i daresay now he looks better than he actually did :P

Spoiler

the fluffy tail is the best part of it :3
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

teneighty
In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Post

While checking out the asteroid biome for the first time, I was experiencing a lime green sky when looking at a small area. I turn away maybe 1 degree either horizontally or vertically, and it's normal. Shinji_Ikari and Dr_Crusher89 did not experience the same thing. Anyone else seeing this? I'm using client 5.3.0.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Teneighty - it looks as if your client didn't load the skybox textures properly, try clearing your cache folder and logging back into server to reload textures maybe.

teneighty
In-game: teneighty

by teneighty » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 06:20
@Teneighty - it looks as if your client didn't load the skybox textures properly, try clearing your cache folder and logging back into server to reload textures maybe.
I can see the space texture if I'm not looking at that particular spot. I thought the sky was static when looking around, only changing on game time presets, but there is a different texture for looking in a specific direction?

I looked for the cache files in ~/.minetest, but I can't find them there and everything looks to be over a year old. Did the local stuff get moved in the newer client version?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

In that case it sounds like the fog effect if a big enough area is loaded and your viewing range is too low it fogs things out, only this time in green... hrmmmmmmm, will look into that one.

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

So yeah, I made an airship
Grailtest is stirring ...

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

It'll keep the dragon company in its mission to protect Bramble Haven from the marauding Viking panda horde
Grailtest is stirring ...

Gab888

by Gab888 » Post

I have a question about space : is it normal that the fog in space has another color each time I login? Sometimes it 's blue, sometimes green or yellow...

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

@Gab888 I don't play with fog enabled but I just tested and the color changes each time I login with fog enabled.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It may be something to do with the new sky/cloud api, will check and see what gives.

Coolstorms

by Coolstorms » Post

LibraSubtilis wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 06:41
I am not able to access the map on jjayr.com (https://mt.jjayr.com/mt/mt02-xanadu2016/) anymore. For weeks I got the error "502 Bad Gateway". Is the map available somewhere else?
Mystik maintains the map. He's not been on in a while and the map often breaks like you've found after a while.

I was already thinking he'd have to modify the map to image convertor to put sky islands in a separate layer. Now with space I think we'd need grey asteroids in one layer, red in another, and the void in another. This would be easier to do as they have set Y coordinate limits unlike sky islands.

Coolstorms

by Coolstorms » Post

Fog in space is coloured, I think intentionally. Not to the point that the whole sky is green in one direction though.

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

Hello,

Sad day for me, someone destroyed my protected home and stole my items because I was AFK:

He wrote on my welcome sign:

He stole all my chests:

He destroyed the ground and the walls:

I play since 2016 on Xanadu and my hard work to collect items every day and build my house has been destroyed!
In the server rules, AFK is not forbidden so I don't understand why a player do that.
Is it really an admin / mod decision?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Edit: well, he came back, now we have a name:
I think he is a hacker, not sure if we can do something for that...

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

YuGiOhJCJ wrote: I play since 2016 on Xanadu and my hard work to collect items every day and build my house has been destroyed!
Without the screenshots I'd have said that your portection might have "expired". It sadly sometimes does on Xanandu. Even though some players build amazing houses there, it's not really a builder-friendly server in the end. At least not if you want your buildings to last. But at least the house looks more like a storage building, so...just materials lost? Those are usually easy to replace.
YuGiOhJCJ wrote: Edit: well, he came back, now we have a name:
That does look like the server owner's name...TenPlus1, can you investigate?
A list of my mods can be found here.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Interesting that the rules don't say anything about sitting idle, yet griefing is prohibited. But I guess if the server owner decides to go on a griefing rampage, then that's an exception.

firefox

by firefox » Post

well, that escalated quickly...
i didn't want to heat up old coffee, but i feel like we should make a few things clear here:
YuGiOhJCJ wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 13:15
In the server rules, AFK is not forbidden so I don't understand why a player do that.
Shinji_Ikari is the server owner. he pays the bills for internet, electricity and hardware to run the server and he gets nothing in return.
this is not a public service, he doesn't sell or advertise anything, it's just his own personal world that we are allowed to play in.

even if a player does not move or act, the server still continuously sends data to the client. this occupies bandwidth, which could be considered a waste of resources if it's not used because the player is AFK.
i'm lacking information here, and i don't want to stir this up more, but if this was not a one-time occurrence but a daily procedure, then this is something to trigger a reaction.
whether the reaction was appropriate is not up for discussion, because of the reason above.

on the bright side: as far as i can see, the destroyed nodes can easily be replaced. nothing of rare value, except the chests contents maybe, but i took a look today and i must say that chests of wooden swords and wooden trash cans are not a big loss.
just leave it at that, and things will be fine.

regarding the written rules: there is no rule against building a giant phallus house, but it's still forbidden and very likely to result in a permanent ban.
the fact that admin decisions are absolute is written on the rule board, however. and with that, it's all set.
Sokomine wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 08:28
Without the screenshots I'd have said that your portection might have "expired". It sadly sometimes does on Xanandu. Even though some players build amazing houses there, it's not really a builder-friendly server in the end. At least not if you want your buildings to last.
protections don't simply expire. but if a player was inactive for more than 6 months, protections get removed. naturally, quality buildings get protected by the admin.
i have witnessed this several times, and the buildings that didn't last were mostly plain cubes made of wood or cobble.
i see no reason to keep those, especially when they occupy popular areas near big roads and/or teleporters.
GayJesus wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 04:33
The host and some moderators on Xanadu are complete Aholes. So much so it's laughable. It's as if they work for Microsoft or have some agenda to make small kids cry and others hate Minetest.
do you have evidence to backup your claims?

i don't know any moderators who are like this, so i would assume that "some" refers to me...
yes, i probably did "make a small kid cry" when i refused to be their "friend", build a house with them and give them 50 diamonds and armor.
and i would do it again, because i'm evil.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

looking at the amazing mega-structures that will become the gates of Avalon and Valhalla, i felt like my Gate Guardians are somewhat lacking in overwhelming presence...
and i put them too close to fit a giant door between them, so i decided to make a giant moon gate around them.

find the blueprint here: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=380426#p380426

1st step:
Spoiler
current progress:
Spoiler
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨