[Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

Yeti

Re: [Mod] Elepower - Machines/Power/Fluids/Nuclear [elepower]

by Yeti » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 15:03
Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:33
I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere
I think I figured out why that happens. There is a random chance that the mining operation will not yield any results. If that happens, it used to think that because nothing was added to the inventory, it must be full. Will be fixed in the next patch.
Ah, cheers IcyDiamond. I'm having a great time playing around with your mod, with the intention of building the heck out of everything just to see how it goes.

One other issue I could raise (and perhaps I'm not doing things correctly) my fission reactor is sitting in the middle of it's cooling pond and in order to see how each module is performing, I have to enter the cooling pond or the distance is too great. Is there any remote interface facility and if not, is it worth looking at?

If you are happy for me to do so, I would make comments on how things are working and offer suggestions based on what I think would enhance things.

Other than that, this has been a lot of fun and I appreciate your responses.

IcyDiamond
GitHub: LunaSquee
IRC: IcyDiamond
In-game: IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 16:53
One other issue I could raise (and perhaps I'm not doing things correctly) my fission reactor is sitting in the middle of it's cooling pond and in order to see how each module is performing, I have to enter the cooling pond or the distance is too great. Is there any remote interface facility and if not, is it worth looking at?
I have thought about implementing something like that many times, maybe some day.
Web developer | Minetest modder | Systems Administrator | Donate
Mods - elepower | melterns | towny

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

Yeti wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:33
hailey_kaas wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 03:13
Hi! It's me again!

I'm sorry, I've another question...

How's the water accumulator/pump/fluid transfer pump is supposed to work? I crafted all three to use on my miner, but can't seem to install it correctly. The fluid transfer pump is specially annoying as it won't install on top of neither the pump or water accumulator.

Thanks!
I can possibly help you out with this one as they are working fine for me.

I have several water accumulators with fluid transfer pumps sitting on top. The accumulator is sitting in the water and the pump sits on top connected into fluid ducts. You need to use a screwdriver to rotate the fluid pump until it sits correctly flush and the hit the pump to activate. Was this what you were chasing or were you looking for something else?

Edit: Rereading your post, if you are trying to setup a miner, the accumulator and fluid pump sit beside the miner. On top is the miner controller which sits atop a miner core which sits atop one or more miner drills. The accumulator sits in the water near to the miner with the fluid pump on top and the duct leading to the miner core, which is surrounded by a circle of opaque ducts that connects to the miner core and miner drill(s).

I hope that helps you out. The issue I have with the mining setup is the miner controller keeps deciding the inventory is full and you need to stand by the miner to keep restarting it. Theres a bug in there somewhere
Thanks for your help! I didn't know about the screwdriver, but it seems my problem persists, The pump won't stay atop no matter which position I take to try to put it (tried from all places and positions).
Attachments
mintest_issue.jpg
(261.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 17:03
Yeti wrote:
I have thought about implementing something like that many times, maybe some day.
Hi Icy! The wireless porter is crashing my server when I try to place it... is this a problem?

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Thanks for your help! I didn't know about the screwdriver, but it seems my problem persists, The pump won't stay atop no matter which position I take to try to put it (tried from all places and positions).
That fluid pump looks like it is in the correct position but not the correct orientation.

The left and right buttons move the pump through different axes, so try each one until you find the axis that fits the pump to the accumulator.

Warning: Don't try to 'hit' the pump with the screwdriver tool selected or you'll change the orientation. I found the best way was to have nothing selected and then 'hit' the pump to start it.

See how you go with that

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

Yeti wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 00:54

That fluid pump looks like it is in the correct position but not the correct orientation.

The left and right buttons move the pump through different axes, so try each one until you find the axis that fits the pump to the accumulator.

Warning: Don't try to 'hit' the pump with the screwdriver tool selected or you'll change the orientation. I found the best way was to have nothing selected and then 'hit' the pump to start it.

See how you go with that
Oh, finally, it worked!!! Thanks so much <3

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

hailey_kaas wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 23:57
Hi Icy! The wireless porter is crashing my server when I try to place it... is this a problem?
Do you have a crash log? I can't produce a crash with the wireless porter.

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Yeti wrote:
It's coming!

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 15:29
Yeti wrote:
It's coming!
Ha!! You little beauty. I'll build that first thing when it comes online. Great effort, Icy

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 13:13
hailey_kaas wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 23:57
Do you have a crash log? I can't produce a crash with the wireless porter.
Here!

2020-05-24 22:10:21: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "pos" accessed at ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Server]: hailey_kaas leaves game. List of players:
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: [Tubelib] Store data...
2020-05-24 22:10:21: ACTION[Main]: [Tubelib] Data stored
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'elepower_wireless' in callback item_OnPlace(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'get_node'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ...nap/minetest/1521/.minetest/mods/minecart/protection.lua:45: in function 'is_protected'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51: in function <....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:47>
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'get_node'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ...nap/minetest/1521/.minetest/mods/minecart/protection.lua:45: in function 'is_protected'
2020-05-24 22:10:22: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:51: in function <....minetest/mods/elepower/elepower_wireless/craftitems.lua:47>

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

Should be fixed now. And with that, new version, Alpha 18, now released on the ContentDB.

hailey_kaas

by hailey_kaas » Post

IcyDiamond wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 13:21
Should be fixed now. And with that, new version, Alpha 18, now released on the ContentDB.
Thanks!! <3

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Hi all !

That mod is awesome, thanks to IcyDiamond for making it !

I have a problem with the miner and the pump. The pump is full of water and power, the pipework is done and the miner is also getting all the power needed but it does not get water from the pump.
I know the miner work because I tested it by feeding water manually with bucket.
I have tried several placements and different plumbing options for water but no luck ??
Did I miss something ?

Here are some screenshots :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/187mc9D ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gc0ay1 ... sp=sharing

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Hi hotcyr,

I have this working fine but my pumps are in the water. I'm not sure how that pipe underneath will affect it. I also have multiple pumps to keep up the volume required. Perhaps try that and see if it helps.

I have attached a screen shot to show my layout.
screenshot_20200823_105902.png
(983.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Well I finally understood what happened ! I tried to make it work with the wrong pump. I replaced the Pump with the Fluid Transfer Pump and it worked. The problem is the recipe for the Fluid Transfer Pump does not appear in the craft guide, even after I built one ! I had to search the lua files to obtain the recipe and after that I was able to craft one and make the miner work.

Thanks for trying to help Yeti !

IcyDiamond

by IcyDiamond » Post

I have ceased to work on my mods for the foreseeable future. It was nice being part of this community but I'll be going now.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm very sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I wish you all the best. Thank you for your many brilliant contributions.

Yeti

by Yeti » Post

Seconded...what sorcerykid said.

Thanks for your contributions IcyDiamond, I have really enjoyed playing with your mods and I'm sorry to see you go.

I also wish you all the best and will hopefully see you back in this community again. Good luck to you.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

Well even if you're not working on it.

I have a fix for the evaporator and steam turbine. The values still need tweaking.
I don't know how to github so you'll have to get the zip.
https://github.com/HighPopes/Elepower

In short: default water didn't have a gas form so i wrote a special case for it. The usage value of the evaporator led to the steam turbine not producing power so i changed those values. With steam working alot of things opened up.

I don't know. But i patched somethings.

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

by FrostRanger » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 04:11
Well even if you're not working on it.

I have a fix for the evaporator and steam turbine. The values still need tweaking.
I don't know how to github so you'll have to get the zip.
https://github.com/HighPopes/Elepower

In short: default water didn't have a gas form so i wrote a special case for it. The usage value of the evaporator led to the steam turbine not producing power so i changed those values. With steam working alot of things opened up.

I don't know. But i patched somethings.
The source code repo for this mod is hosted on a self hosted gitlab instance, not github: https://gitlab.icynet.eu/evert/elepower and although these instructions are for the main gitlab site, you should be able to follow the same steps on the instance elepower is on: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project ... uests.html
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

hotcyr

by hotcyr » Post

Has anybody been able to use the planter ? I cant' seem to find a way to make it work...