[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

zzarko

by zzarko » Post

I'm using 0.5 version under Ubuntu and minetest 0.4.1. Setting amount parameter to negative value for any command doesn't have an effect - it is treated as positive (I get the same result for every command regardles if I put, for example, 1, +1, -1).

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Yes, i noticed that Bug yesterday too
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

WSX

by WSX » Post

In addition to what's been said above, I can't get rotate and flip to work. It says "invalid command". Is it not available (I noticed this command isn't listed at the first page, only at the GitHub page)?

(WE 0.5, Minetest 0.4.1 on Windows).

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

WSX wrote:In addition to what's been said above, I can't get rotate and flip to work. It says "invalid command". Is it not available (I noticed this command isn't listed at the first page, only at the GitHub page)?

(WE 0.5, Minetest 0.4.1 on Windows).
Yes, the GitHub version contains all the latest changes, while the links in the first post must be manually updated.

@sfan5: would you mind putting a link to the GitHub downloads in the first post?
zzarko wrote:I'm using 0.5 version under Ubuntu and minetest 0.4.1. Setting amount parameter to negative value for any command doesn't have an effect - it is treated as positive (I get the same result for every command regardles if I put, for example, 1, +1, -1).
My bad, I was subtracting the amount value where it should have been added. I've fixed it now, you can download it from the GitHub repository.

Coming soon: //sphere and //cylinder!
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Temperest wrote:@sfan5: would you mind putting a link to the GitHub downloads in the first post?
Done!
Temperest wrote:Coming soon: //sphere and //cylinder!
Yay! :D
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Cylinders!

I used the Bresenham Circle Algorithm, so it's amazingly fast. The solid dirt cylinder (length 100, radius 5) in the middle took about 2 seconds, while the outer glass hollow cylinder (length 100, radius 10) took less than a second. It's the //hollowcylinder and //cylinder commands, and both are documented in the README.

Additionally, the WorldEdit API has the added worldedit.hollow_cylinder and worldedit.cylinder functions, so anyone can use these routines in their own mods!

Spheres coming soon!
Last edited by Temperest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Awesome!

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Temperest wrote:Cylinders!

I used the Bresenham Circle Algorithm, so it's amazingly fast. The solid dirt cylinder (length 100, radius 5) in the middle took about 2 seconds, while the outer glass hollow cylinder (length 100, radius 10) took less than a second. It's the //hollowcylinder and //cylinder commands, and both are documented in the README.

Additionally, the WorldEdit API has the added worldedit.hollow_cylinder and worldedit.cylinder functions, so anyone can use these routines in their own mods!

Spheres coming soon!
Cool, and don't use ALT+Prt Scrn. Make use of F12, just as long you are using Minetest.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Awesome! Thanks for making them available via api. Will be useful to be able to make an object/node that turns into a sphere of nodes. I think I may also use it to generate starting spheres in my skyblock game.

I have some requests...

1) //save and //load with support for node metadata
2) other shapes:
- spiralsquare - http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Spiral_matrix#Lua (i also requested this in multinode) -- great for floor/wall patterns, or perhaps mazes.
- rectangular pyramid -- perfect for roofs
- circular pyramid (cone) -- perfect for castle turrets
- triangular prism (triangle tube)
- hexagonal prism (6 sided tube)
- wedge (like a cube cut down the )
- torus (doughnut)

I know that's a lot, but it would be really cool to be able to generate different 3d shapes to help build the world.

Thanks again for this mod.

zzarko

by zzarko » Post

Maybe this is not strictly mod-related, but I have a few questions:
- Is there a way to list available block names? Or, to see what's the name of the block under cursor?
- How can I know where are X and Z axes oriented? I often don't know in what direction will stacking be done (except when going up or down).
- When loading something, what will be the orientation (probably related to previous question)?

Thanks for the mod update!

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Jordach wrote:Cool, and don't use ALT+Prt Scrn. Make use of F12, just as long you are using Minetest.
Wasn't aware of that; I've tried F2 for screenshots (as it is in Minecraft), but it didn't do anything, so I assumed there was no screenshot function...

cornernote wrote:Awesome! Thanks for making them available via api. Will be useful to be able to make an object/node that turns into a sphere of nodes. I think I may also use it to generate starting spheres in my skyblock game.

I have some requests...

1) //save and //load with support for node metadata
2) other shapes:
- spiralsquare - http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Spiral_matrix#Lua (i also requested this in multinode) -- great for floor/wall patterns, or perhaps mazes.
- rectangular pyramid -- perfect for roofs
- circular pyramid (cone) -- perfect for castle turrets
- triangular prism (triangle tube)
- hexagonal prism (6 sided tube)
- wedge (like a cube cut down the )
- torus (doughnut)

I know that's a lot, but it would be really cool to be able to generate different 3d shapes to help build the world.

Thanks again for this mod.
1) It's on the todo list! As soon as I figure out a good way to go about it. And a way to maintain backwards compatibility with the current WorldEdit format.
2) Spheres are incoming, cones and pyramids on the todo list, and you can make the prism shapes using //stack. I'll see about adding spirals and torii if I can find the time to :)
WorldEdit 1.0 released

zzarko

by zzarko » Post

Maybe this is not strictly mod-related, but I have a few questions:
- Is there a way to list available block names? Or, to see what's the name of the block under cursor?
- How can I know where are X and Z axes oriented? I often don't know in what direction will stacking be done (except when going up or down).
- When loading something, what will be the orientation (probably related to previous question)?

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

zzarko wrote:Maybe this is not strictly mod-related, but I have a few questions:

1) Yep, any mod is capable of determining the name of a given node. An item can be made to display the name of the pointed block, in fact. They're all in the minetest.registered_nodes table, IIRC.
2) Press F5. The debug info will tell you your orientation and coordinates. If necessary, I can also add a mode where the axis is determined by the direction the player is facing. In fact, it's on the todo list now and will be added if it turns out it's easy to use. EDIT: done!
3) Loading a save will cause it to be oriented exactly the same way as it was when it was saved. You can use //rotate to rotate it afterwards, though.
Last edited by Temperest on Sat Aug 18, 2012 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Definitely one of my fave mods right now. Makes building huge structures in my home world so fast. :3

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Face direction axes!

Where an axis is accepted as part of the chat command, just type ? instead of x/y/z and it will use the direction you are facing as the axis!

For example, //stack ? 5 will stack the region 5 times in whatever direction is "forwards" for you. If you are not facing exactly in one axis, that's OK too, it'll pick the closest one.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Echo

by Echo » Post

cornernote wrote:[...]2) other shapes:
[...]
Just finished my first version of the maze-generator.
Feel free to modify and add to worldedit.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

cornernote wrote: - spiralsquare - http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Spiral_matrix#Lua (i also requested this in multinode) -- great for floor/wall patterns, or perhaps mazes.
Here, look at this:
https://github.com/Uberi/MineTest-World ... 1ef0547571

Eazi98

by Eazi98 » Post

Lighting error unfixable? Whats with that? when you have a layer above air on top of another layer there will be a lighting error when you replace the top layer with air. Can you tell me what to do?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Eazi98 wrote:Lighting error unfixable? Whats with that? when you have a layer above air on top of another layer there will be a lighting error when you replace the top layer with air. Can you tell me what to do?
Use //dig

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

I'm trying to make a game mode based on Avatar ...
And I would ask, could create schemas in the generation of the world? ...
would be great to create the floating islands of Pandora and the mother tree ...
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

You can use it, use the WorldEdit API

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

thank you!
I'll try ...
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

2cool4me4

by 2cool4me4 » Post

Resurrection! Sorta.

Anyway, Worldedit newest git doesn't seem to like Mintest 0.4.2 rc1 or the newest git, giving an error on loading the init.lua. I just recently found the rest of the eror in the debug.txt. The text in the debug.txt:

Code: Select all

INFO[main]:   [MineTest-WorldEdit] ["C:\Users\Dalton\Minetest\minetest-0.4.2-latest\bin\..\mods\minetest\MineTest-WorldEdit\init.lua"]
14:13:45: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "MineTest-WorldEdit": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
14:13:45: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Dalton\Minetest\minetest-0.4.2-latest\bin\..\mods\minetest\MineTest-WorldEdit\init.lua
I have done NOTHING!

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Name the folder "worldedit", not whatever it is that you named it there.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

2cool4me4

by 2cool4me4 » Post

That... works. Thanks, Temperest!
I have done NOTHING!