[Mod] Smart Inventory [smart_inventory]

bell07
GitHub: bell07

Re: [Mod] Smart Inventory [smart_inventory]

by bell07 » Post

Thanks for the feedback! The file was wrong for the fix. fix Moved to init.lua, and do cleanup the lookup-inventory field that was affected by the issue too. Please checkout new github version

not2stressed

by not2stressed » Post

I installed the latest version from Github. That's done the trick, trash works as expected now. I hadn't actually noticed the second problem. Thanks again!

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Cool mod
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

bell07

by bell07 » Post

The mod is available on contentdb for now, since compatibility to MT-5 is given with last changes

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

by daret » Post

Hi, few of my textures in the "brown" design.
If you want, you can use them as an alternative.
Attachments
textures.zip
(9.35 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Thank you @daret for the textures. I added an link to the file in first post.

InkStone

by InkStone » Post

Ignore this post. I think my issue has to do with with Mineclone2 not being compatible with the mods I'm trying. I thought I read it was or should be. But I can't find the post to prove it.
Either way, I'll keep plugging along.

Thanks!
Greetings,

Thanks for sharing this mod, it's a valuable improvement for my daughter who is just getting into this game.

I am having a small issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or a failure on my part.

I am very new to running my own server with mods, so the problem may be in my setup (load order, incompatibility, or some other thing I didn't realize). If so, let me know and I can take my issue to another form.

The problem(s):
  • The smart inventory is used the first time when opening the inventory. But after that, it's rare for smart inventory to be used when opening the inventory. When smart inventory doesn't run, the default inventory runs. If you click on the skin toggle button, smart inventory reopens.
  • When selecting a skin from the expanded options made by skinsdb, the character will update. But randomly (?) the skin will revert back to default.
I have not seen any obvious entries in the server output log, even on verbose.
If there are details I can provide, please let me know. I tried to keep it brief since I'm not sure if I should move this elsewhere.

Thank you

grapereader
GitHub: grapereader

by grapereader » Post

Great except for the fact the search box focuses immediately on open, preventing the default inventory close key from working.

I've tried to fix this for hours and hours but I can't get minetest to respect 'set_focus' in the formspec. I've even tried calling set_formspec_prepend('set_focus[exit]') for all players when they join. Nothing works; that damned search box just won't give it up >.<

Update: Unified inventory has the same issue, and Minetest ignores set_focus there too. Maybe this has to do with set_inventory_formspec? set_focus is a relatively new feature, maybe they borked the implementation for inventories... I'll have to start digging into the C++. But every time I go through that code I swear this game was written by masochists.

Update2: Ugh I'm so mad. I was running a 5.3.0 client and set_focus was introduced in 5.4.0. >>.<<

Update3: After updating my client to 5.4.0, I am now setting focus away from the search box. Huzzah!! 🎉