[Mod] Glow Slimes [glow_slimes]

Irremann
GitHub: Irremann

[Mod] Glow Slimes [glow_slimes]

by Irremann » Post

Glow Slimes mod by Irremann

based on mod tmw_slimes by Piezo_

Depends: mobs, default, currency, dye, farming

Mod adds blue (ocean) slime, green, yellow, orange, pink and ice slime. Slimes spawned in caves and stain everything around with glowing phlegm.
if you kill a slime, then you will get some coins (currency mod) and dyes (dye mod).
The stone covered with mucus is suitable for growing plants. Of course you need light and water as usual.

Github:
Code: https://github.com/Irremann/glow_slimes
Download Zip: https://github.com/Irremann/glow_slimes ... master.zip
Last edited by Irremann on Thu Nov 12, 2020 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

Re: [Mod] Glow Slimes [glow_slimes]

by ThorfinnS » Post

Cool idea!

We are getting this error:

Code: Select all

2020-11-09 21:17:28: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'farming' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...box\mt\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\farming/nodes.lua:186: attempt to index field 'soil' (a nil value)
2020-11-09 21:17:28: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-11-09 21:17:28: ERROR[Main]: 	...box\mt\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\farming/nodes.lua:186: in function <...box\mt\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\farming/nodes.lua:184>
We are running 5.3.0, minetest game, (so [dye] and [default] are included) with ONLY [currency], [mobs] and [glow_slimes] added.

Start a game as above but without [glow_slimes] and it runs fine. Add [glow_slimes], and it crashes after a while, specifically, after we get deep enough to spawn.

Appears it has something to do with the soil slime trails they leave. I started a game without [glow_slimes], dug a shaft down to a large open area at around -1200, worked fine. Added [glow_slimes] EXCEPT with the replace what starting at lines 142, 198, 254 and 310 commented out. Worked fine. Saw slimes. Re-enable those lines, reload, climb down, and before I even got down there it had crashed. My guess is a slime spawned in some open area near the shaft.

Irremann

by Irremann » Post

I forgot that mod "farming" is also needed. My mistake. However, if you do not want to grow plants in stone with slime, then find:

groups = {cracky = 2, slippery = 3, soil = 3, field = 1, wet = 1},
and replace:

groups = {cracky = 2, slippery = 3},
Lines number 354 and 378.

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

Does this mod play nicely with tmw_slimes?

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Farming redo? Thought we tried that, but we'll give it another whirl. Obviously, we already tried minetests default farming.

Which tmw_slimes fork?

It doesnt do much if you use something like underch, which replaces all default:stone.

Irremann

by Irremann » Post

freshreplicant wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02
Does this mod play nicely with tmw_slimes?
I am using the same slime model. Apart from the fact that you will have slime of the same color, but with different behavior, I see no problem.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

wait, does farming mod let you grow crops underground?, last time i tried it the crops didnt grow, although i was using the default farming not farming redo

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Sure. Main problem is light. Torches are not enough. Meselamps is about it. [abritorch] is 13 brightness, so that's sufficient for the 4 tiles right next to the torch, but not the diagonal. [underch] has things like sichamine lamps that are bright enough. Almost certainly something in the various tech mods.

Edit: also farming redos jack o lantern and darkages lamp are bright enough.
Last edited by ThorfinnS on Tue Nov 17, 2020 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Irremann suggest you spawn on group:stone not default:stone to be compatible with as many mapgen mods as possible. Terse, sent from phone.