[Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a heads up for any players who aren't yet aware: The Change Password option in the ESC menu does not work. This is a longstanding bug, so there is no need to report it. In the meantime, if you need a password change, simply PM me in-game.

I'll try my best to tackle this problem sometime next week. I've been hesitant up till now only because it requires changing the server networking code. And that's not familiar territory for me. However, with this being a security concern (add to the fact a major inconvenience), I'm motivated to address it once for all.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Happy Halloween friends and fiends!

JT2 has just undergone a transformation to the dark side. Ghouls and goblins are on the prowl. And they're out for blood -- your blood! So be on your best defenses during the witching hour.

Of course, what Halloween would be complete without tooth-rotting candy? No worries, we've got you covered! Four limited edition Goodie Bags in a variety of colours are ready to craft. But be forewarned, they may give out more tricks than treats!

The following items can only be obtained from Goodie Bags. And each bag gives only a specific selection of these items:

Note that the Pumpkin Bread and Apple Cider are from prior Halloween events. But I brought them back again this year!

Have fun, and stay spooky :D

Fatalik
GitHub: Fatalik
IRC: Fatali
In-game: Just test

by Fatalik » Post

Nemo, you said that you would bring back the old world, where players used to spend a lot of time building houses, where the old world is??? Will you bring back the old world?!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Friendly reminder to all:

As mentioned before, rotten eggs can be used to destroy locked chests, mailboxes, steel doors, and any other owned nodes in unprotected areas. Unfortunately, this has led to some confusion in recent weeks, after an incident of suspected griefing. And I apologize if the functionality of rotten eggs was not made clearer.

Please remember to properly protect your builds from griefers by placing a protection block, particularly in any areas where you have valuable stored.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

rotten eggs?
must have missed all info about that
ts ts
got to mine for more protection ingredients again ...
just when I had decided to spent more of my rather limited playtime on the surface :-)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I made the original announcement about rotten eggs back in 2017, although they weren't fully implemented until earlier this year.

Rotten eggs are essentially a close analog of Admin TNT from just test, albeit somewhat more lethal by comparison. I felt that they would serve an important function, since JT2 is an anarchy survival surver..

If your base is sufficiently far from spawn, then I wouldn't worry too much about vandalism. The risk is sufficiently low. But when security is still a concern, then a cost-effective solution is simply to camouflage your chests behind some stone.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

socerykid wrote: since JT2 is an anarchy survival surver..
Yes :-( And that's a pity. You do so many intresting things...but...anarchy survival...nah :-( Can't stand that personally. But at least that way players who prefer PvP have a place to go to...
A list of my mods can be found here.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanksgiving Turkey Mania

It's that time of year again when our giant feathery friends will be taking over JT2.

I also restored the spawning of spiders and pigeons, which I'd accidentally disabled a couple months ago. And last but not least, it is now possible to increase the lifespan of turkeys, chickens, and kittens by feeding them.

I have some more features in the works, which I hope to have deployed tomorrow including the long-awaited ability to tame certain wild animals. Yes, that means personalized pets will soon become an additional game mechanic.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American players!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I happened to come across an impromptu soccer match last weekend between Liukiller, ZACHTy, abi, and why4. It's wonderful see that people are still getting a kick out of the soccer ball :)

Rest assured, there are still plans to add even more sports including volleyball, basketball, baseball, golf, bowling, ice hockey, and tennis. I should have more time to finish work on the Athletics mod next month.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hey all, I just installed an SSL certificate for the JT2 homepage, so there should no longer be security warnings when visiting the site. This also resolves the issue of the dynamic player map being broken on the first page of this topic due to cross-domain security.

In other news, as some of you may recall I've completely rewritten the Skins mod from scratch with a more robust and secure API, including seamless integration with 3d armor. Unfortunately, in the process I ended up breaking the colour-coded nametags due to a conflicting implementation in the Wardrobe mod, so I apologize. For simplicity I went ahead and consolidated all the nametag stub routines into the new skins API. So all should be working correctly now.

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 23:58
Rest assured, there are still plans to add even more sports including volleyball, basketball, baseball, golf, bowling, ice hockey, and tennis. I should have more time to finish work on the Athletics mod next month.
Notify me ahead of time so I can make a stadium ;)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Sounds like a plan. Most of the code is already there for volleyball and basketball, it just requires some tweaking for playability. I'll of course add a craftable net for volleyball and a craftable hoop for basketball. Implementing the remaining sports should then follow suit fairly easily. They will have similarly craftable items as needed (golf club, bowling pin, etc.)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi all, I made some improvements to the API for collision processing yesterday. This is partly why the server was offline so long, as I was testing a new build of the Minetest S3 engine. One fix you will immediately notice is that the soccer ball has collision sounds again, now corresponding to the surface of impact.

On a related note, I'm still investigating a bug where mobs occasionally float into the sky rather than gliding along the water surface. I think the buoyancy calculation is at fault, so I'll do my best to come up with a workaround.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

My apologies for the downtime the past few days. I was investigating a number of server crashes, all of which seem to stem from a buggy client sending invalid position data to the server. I've finally implemented appropriate sanity checks into the engine, so that should prevent any such crashes in the future.

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

by 1248 » Post

Hello everyone,

yesterday I had to leave the moderator team.
I destroyed some unprotected chests with a rotten egg from player sreen and I lied about it.
I don't know exactly why this is forbidden, but I understand that it is not good for the image of the server to have a thief in the moderator team.

By the way I've heard from some players that they play together with sreen. I'm sorry if I've stolen things from other players too. And I'm sorry if other players have been suspicious. That was not my intension.

I wish you all the best

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Great news everyone, I completed several updates to mobs the past couple weeks. First and foremost is the long-promised addition of the penguin!

The penguin spawns on ice anywhere within 64 meters of main spawn. It drops 3 varieties of flowers. The pigeon drops the remaining three. Hence flowers can still only be obtained within the inner-city area. Keep this in mind, if you decide to setup a remote base.

I'm also excited to announce that the majority of non-hostile mobs now spawn only during specific periods of the year. This provides an additional gameplay challenge, as well as somewhat improved realism. So if you are hunting for resources, then you'll need to be mindful of which season the corresponding animal is most plentiful.

On a final note, the lifetime of animals can now be extended by feeding them. You must remain in their vicinity to prevent them from despawning. At this point, it's still not possible for animals to be fully tamed, but I'm working on it.

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

As Wuzzy has requested, teleport blocks until 6250 North now have the appropriate color scheme, patterns and flowers.

Edit: now at 10000. But need the pattern and cotton wool, and 10000 number is in the way.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Happy Christmas Wishes!

Santa made her rounds again on Christmas Eve, delivering presents to all the good little girls and boys on JT2. Most players hung stockings above their fireplace or doorway, eagerly anticipating Santa's arrival. Whether it was to a fancy mansion or a starter base, there were toys and treats for all to enjoy come Christmas morning.

The entire spawn plaza was redesigned with a seasonal theme including a 30 meter tall Christmas tree as the centerpiece.

Both of our moderators (including those from the original moderator team) received a present from Nemo beneath the tree. It also became a hot-spot for n00b players to hang out.

Nemo also constructed two large hearths at spawn for players to hang their stockings. Ironically, the hearths seemed to prove more useful for harvesting bones at first.

By mid-day, however, the Secret Santa Stations were in full operation, providing 16 spots for players to get their gift-giving on. As of today, there are only two spots left. So hurry and get those stockings up, if you haven't already!

In addition, 34 players were awarded bonus gifts for playing over 20 hours on JT2 in the past four months. The top three recipients were wuarf (381 hours), sreen (265 hours), and Wuzzy (260 hours). Kudos!

Thank you again to everyone who joined in our holiday festivities. I really appreciate the community that we've built on JT2!

Best wishes to you and your loved ones. Stay safe!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

As a bonus gift to all players this holiday, Nemo has introduced more stairs and slabs!

Inverted stairs are intended to compliment existing stairs for more intricate designs. They are craftable from three of the same material, outputting two inverted stairs. Credit goes to iisu for bugging me to incorporate these into the game.

Dirt with X slabs can be used to construct more gradual terrain slopes. They exist in three varieties: Dirt with grass, Dirt with dry grass, Dirt with snow. Keep in mind these slabs are all non-rotatable, this way they remain oriented correctly.

In addition, ALL stairs, inverted stairs, slabs, corners, inverted corners, and panels are listed along with their associated recipes in the Craft Guide. For some strange reason these were unlisted (except for wood). Several erroneous descriptions were also corrected. My apologies for not addressing these oversights sooner.

Last but not least (and perhaps the biggest news for Wuzzy) is that the recipe for gravel was finally altered so that it no longer conflicts with bone slabs. Yes, after several years, players can finally craft bone slabs and likewise bone panels.

Image Image

All of theses changes were possible thanks to a complete rewrite of the Stairs mod, which has now been rebranded as Stairs Redux.

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

Welcome 2021
Capture d’écran de 2020-12-31 19-00-47-1024x768.png
Capture d’écran de 2020-12-31 19-00-47-1024x768.png (686.92 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

2021 begins in JT2

by Wuzzy » Post

There was a big party at Jan 1 2021, 0:00 UTC, and there were a LOT of players who joined the party.

If you missed it, there will be a SECOND party on Jan 1 2020, 0:00 EST, which will be in a couple of hours. It's not too late yet!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a reminder:

This server is offline as of yesterday. It will certainly return at some point, once I can free up enough disk space on my tmpfs filesystem for hosting two separate worlds. I also have to work out the necessary configuration changes so as to avoid any potential conflicts.

Future discussion about the main Just Test Tribute server should continue in the relevant topic. Thanks all!

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I tried to find this server tonight and failed. Oh well. Next time.

Hi folks :)

RealSerVesta

by RealSerVesta » Post

Hello It has been a long time, I have been trying to find the compatible version to play and when I found it, I have a problem with my password, trying some, I did not enter, enter with another account that I just registered as "Vesta" to see if there was someone connected and the result nothing. Xd

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi SerVesta. It's great to see you again!

Once the server is back online, I will check your account. If need be, I can always reset the password for you.

Oh and 843jdc, don't be a stranger. We miss having you in game ;)