thrilling place......

....don't stay as lunch
nice ;-)

voxelproof

Re: Post your screenshots!

by voxelproof » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 02:35
If this community wants to travel down that dark path, then I'm done, and will definitely warn others to keep away as far as children are concerned.
I'm afraid it won't be long before me and many others may come to the same conlusion. Based on how spam is handled on the forum I infer that moderators don't pay much attention to what is posted on this site anymore :| But c'mon, life is life and they certainly must be busy elsewhere, that's how things usually end up with open and free software lacking material support of its fanbase.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hand Painted texture pack is... sweet :)

Attachments
Hand_Painted_Desert.jpg
Hand_Painted_Desert.jpg (972.84 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

SB66

by SB66 » Post

Attachments
screenshot_20201211_210412.jpg
screenshot_20201211_210412.jpg (98.22 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
screenshot_20201211_210329.jpg
screenshot_20201211_210329.jpg (128.38 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
screenshot_20201211_210257.jpg
screenshot_20201211_210257.jpg (142.09 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

voxelproof wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 09:23
TumeniNodes wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 02:35
If this community wants to travel down that dark path, then I'm done, and will definitely warn others to keep away as far as children are concerned.
I'm afraid it won't be long before me and many others may come to the same conlusion.
I find it odd that a photo of a naked doll is even triggering these responses. The photo didn't even make me blink, especially given that the post made its purpose crystal clear. I've got a half-dozen little girls in my extended family at the moment, and I hardly ever see clothes on their dolls -- the first thing they do when they get one is yank the clothes off. I suspect it's for the same reason the little boys take apart all of their toys, especially the ones that weren't meant to come apart.

The only reason I remarked was that the term "real doll" made me think of all those news stories about the trademarked, life-size silicone dolls, and it made me chuckle.

I'm not a big believer in "innocence" in any human -- I'm frequently amazed by how dark children's imaginations can be, and how little they're bothered by things that disturb me. One aspect of innocence is not understanding (or caring) about a lot of the things that adults take seriously. It's a very practical response, given that most of the things adults worry about are nonsense to any unbiased viewer, even a child.

I've also noticed that children tend to act very differently around their parents than they do around the rest of the world. That shouldn't surprise anyone, but it tends to give parents an unrealistic view of their children's behavior and sensibilities.

If you're really worried about the posts on this forum, it seems to me that you're overstating the danger they represent. I'd hate to see unnecessary concerns cast a pall over anyone's freedom to speak their mind about purely minetest-related subjects, for fear of offending someone. (I notice that the original post has already been edited for that reason.)

Attachments
screenshot_20201204_185544.jpg
screenshot_20201204_185544.jpg (131.91 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

notice this is long-winded, pack a lunch

The image of the doll, in my opinion, had nothing to do with the post, other than to express a perversion for a few tingles.
I came to that opinion, based on the fact this individual has posted before asking about nudity etc being allowed.
But I did ask them what was the reason for feeling a need to add the nude doll pic.
How is it related to the mod or post.
My concern is if you keep allowing those who wish to sexualize everything (including a freaking game) before you know it, others with the same "interests" will start to flood in.
And then it will be a problem.
Nothing about the mod (havent looked at the code or Readme yet) bothers me, what concerned me is "why" the need was felt to post that image with it.
And yes, there are people out there who have this sexual perversion with those types of dolls with no clothes on them (meaning "adult" people). They have every right to it, but it's not right to keep wanting to push it and push it onto others.
I have a right to my opinion and feelings just as this individual has stated they do, and I have just as much right to state them, and to ask questions about the image posted at the bottom (which has now been removed)

And I'm not even saying this person has no right to have whatever sexual perversions they like, that is their business... but there is a place and time to express them, and neither are "here".
If this is allowed, then how can anyone disallow others to post images as well?
Topics like this tend to get out of hand.
And I have to say that I appreciate the image being removed, "thank you"
My concern, again, was not "the doll", it was the intent behind adding the pic.
There are places all over the internet where people can share those sort of turnons, and there are some places where some personal things should be checked at the door.
And one thing this individual stated, is very true... this community/project is for "all" people, anyone who is interested, which is why it is important to maintain certain standards within the community/project.

Personally, I don't understand why some people have this desire to bring sexuality, sexual preference, or recreational drug content into... "a game" community like this?
It's so pointless, and will eventually bring problems, because some people go into a rage over situations like this.

Some of my wording in my first reply to this were a bit harsh toward this supposed "interest" of this individual, and I am sorry for that, it was not right of me.
I was a bit upset at the moment (and seriously only a bit, I wasn't steaming from the ears) but it did bother me, as I've seen this before in other places, 2 in fact, and it became a problem in both.

Respect among internet strangers, where no one should need to know what each others religion, political views, or sexual interests are.
There can be no better place to escape the real world among "friends" who all share one common interest.

THAT, is my overall point... a common respect for one another.

OSS:
Attachments
screenshot_20200229_201455.jpg
screenshot_20200229_201455.jpg (216.09 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
A Wonderful World

runs

by runs » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 01:38
notice this is long-winded, pack a lunch

The image of the doll, in my opinion, had nothing to do with the post, other than to express a perversion for a few tingles.
I came to that opinion, based on the fact this individual has posted before asking about nudity etc being allowed.
But I did ask them what was the reason for feeling a need to add the nude doll pic.
How is it related to the mod or post.
My concern is if you keep allowing those who wish to sexualize everything (including a freaking game) before you know it, others with the same "interests" will start to flood in.
And then it will be a problem.
Nothing about the mod (havent looked at the code or Readme yet) bothers me, what concerned me is "why" the need was felt to post that image with it.
And yes, there are people out there who have this sexual perversion with those types of dolls with no clothes on them (meaning "adult" people). They have every right to it, but it's not right to keep wanting to push it and push it onto others.
I have a right to my opinion and feelings just as this individual has stated they do, and I have just as much right to state them, and to ask questions about the image posted at the bottom (which has now been removed)

And I'm not even saying this person has no right to have whatever sexual perversions they like, that is their business... but there is a place and time to express them, and neither are "here".
If this is allowed, then how can anyone disallow others to post images as well?
Topics like this tend to get out of hand.
And I have to say that I appreciate the image being removed, "thank you"
My concern, again, was not "the doll", it was the intent behind adding the pic.
There are places all over the internet where people can share those sort of turnons, and there are some places where some personal things should be checked at the door.
And one thing this individual stated, is very true... this community/project is for "all" people, anyone who is interested, which is why it is important to maintain certain standards within the community/project.

Personally, I don't understand why some people have this desire to bring sexuality, sexual preference, or recreational drug content into... "a game" community like this?
It's so pointless, and will eventually bring problems, because some people go into a rage over situations like this.

Some of my wording in my first reply to this were a bit harsh toward this supposed "interest" of this individual, and I am sorry for that, it was not right of me.
I was a bit upset at the moment (and seriously only a bit, I wasn't steaming from the ears) but it did bother me, as I've seen this before in other places, 2 in fact, and it became a problem in both.

Respect among internet strangers, where no one should need to know what each others religion, political views, or sexual interests are.
There can be no better place to escape the real world among "friends" who all share one common interest.

THAT, is my overall point... a common respect for one another.

OSS:
I don't want to answer but I must. My post had NO SEXUAL CONNOTATION. A doll as a child's toy? really? If I put in that image it was to correlate it with my mod, to show that it was something as innocent as a toy doll that had been taken off its clothes.

What "perversion" is a doll picture? Where is the excitement in a toy doll? We live in the 21st century? Are we all crazy or what?

It wasn't anything dirty, the dirty minds that see what they think they see, yes, I mean people with religious ideas, yes this is interesting, because they are the offended ones that scream for their nonsense.

Period.

runs

by runs » Post

You said it clear: It is your opinion. Only your imagination.

I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong. You see in a toy something bad. And then you draw crazy conclusions. It's your problem, not someone else's.

I am sympathetic to different sensibilities, religions and ideas and so I made my mod more carefully, asking the community nicely first. And simply by asking I get thunder and lightning, I can't honestly believe it.

My mod is PEGI 6. All my mods are PEGI 6 indeed.

runs

by runs » Post

SB66 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 19:05
thrilling place......

....don't stay as lunch
This reminds me to change the lion mesh. TO-DO.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

I'm not a religious person.
And not sure how the image of the doll correlated with your mod, when you already posted an image of the mod.
But if you say this is the case, I am unable to prove differently, and take it as the truth.
I apologize for being wrong for my suspicions about the intent of posting the image, but to be honest, giving no indication to the purpose of the image didn't help.
If, indeed this was not your intentions at all, then the burden of looking like an ass is on me, and I fully accept it. It's not the first time, nor the last.
Honestly, I am relieved this was not the intent.
And yes, as I said, there is a real "thing" out there related to these types of dolls, which is why I felt concerned.

As far as questioning the innocence of anyone, even children...
The only reason children today seem to be surprisingly more aware of some things, is because they are exposed to more these days, even if people don't notice they are.
Society has grown more and more desensitized to some behaviors which used to concern people more.
Natural instincts exist, and yes I agree, a fair portion of children's innocence is related to not understanding many things...
I would like to think that most people prefer to preserve such innocence, and allow children to have that time of innocence in their young lives, before the world (or more specifically, society) begins smacking them in the face on a daily basis.

People seem to consider those who question certain behaviors these days as "prudes" and "puritans", etc., basically insulting/attacking people for having higher standards, expectations, and morals, because that makes one "Judgy"
It used to be society's obligation to judge people based on their social/public behavior.
But all of that is lost today, which is actually sad really.
Eventually, one will be able to kill another in the streets, (and other activities) and not one person will blink an eye or feel any concern, and will simply walk past or around, and carry on with their day.

But enough of my OT ranting.
Apparently I was wrong, and as stated earlier, I left an apology, take it or leave it.

OSS:
A Wonderful World

runs

by runs » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 03:21
I'm not a religious person.
And not sure how the image of the doll correlated with your mod, when you already posted an image of the mod.
But if you say this is the case, I am unable to prove differently, and take it as the truth.
I apologize for being wrong for my suspicions about the intent of posting the image, but to be honest, giving no indication to the purpose of the image didn't help.
If, indeed this was not your intentions at all, then the burden of looking like an ass is on me, and I fully accept it. It's not the first time, nor the last.
Honestly, I am relieved this was not the intent.
And yes, as I said, there is a real "thing" out there related to these types of dolls, which is why I felt concerned.

As far as questioning the innocence of anyone, even children...
The only reason children today seem to be surprisingly more aware of some things, is because they are exposed to more these days, even if people don't notice they are.
Society has grown more and more desensitized to some behaviors which used to concern people more.
Natural instincts exist, and yes I agree, a fair portion of children's innocence is related to not understanding many things...
I would like to think that most people prefer to preserve such innocence, and allow children to have that time of innocence in their young lives, before the world (or more specifically, society) begins smacking them in the face on a daily basis.

People seem to consider those who question certain behaviors these days as "prudes" and "puritans", etc., basically insulting/attacking people for having higher standards, expectations, and morals, because that makes one "Judgy"
It used to be society's obligation to judge people based on their social/public behavior.
But all of that is lost today, which is actually sad really.
Eventually, one will be able to kill another in the streets, (and other activities) and not one person will blink an eye or feel any concern, and will simply walk past or around, and carry on with their day.

But enough of my OT ranting.
Apparently I was wrong, and as stated earlier, I left an apology, take it or leave it.

OSS:
Apology accepted.

For my part I promise to be more careful in the future, to measure words when I speak English (not my language), to avoid bad jokes and to avoid controversy.

Big3Force
GitHub: Big3Force
IRC: Big3Force
In-game: Big3Force

by Big3Force » Post

Anyone Know what does this .. and how to get rid of it??? :O UGGHH on every server i make...
Attachments
adrtrrr.jpg
adrtrrr.jpg (855.12 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Hi Big3Force, you may need to install WorldEdit and WorldEdit Commands and use the admin wand to mark an area and command to remove the lava e.g.

//replace lava_source air
//replace lava_flowing air

... It may ask you to confirm for such a large area by typing //y

Big3Force
GitHub: Big3Force
IRC: Big3Force
In-game: Big3Force

by Big3Force » Post

Hey TenPlus1 where did it come from.. ?? I mark the area of lava with the World Edit wand... and type //set air ill try what you said.. but so far so good with my new server.. When i do that Ten.. it just reappears in other areas.. i spend most of my time trying to get rid of it..

SB66

by SB66 » Post

nimble little chappy......

Attachments
screenshot_20201212_232157.jpg
screenshot_20201212_232157.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
screenshot_20201212_203537.jpg
screenshot_20201212_203537.jpg (92.14 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

duane

by duane » Post

SB66 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 20:44
Oooo. I like that.

----------------------------

Attachments
screenshot_20201129_190455.jpg
screenshot_20201129_190455.jpg (122.56 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

(Thanks to Duane my screenshots, by contrast, shine brighter xD )
Attachments
desert_2.jpg
desert_2.jpg (580.83 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

by apercy » Post

SB66 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 19:05
thrilling place......

....don't stay as lunch
The only music that comes to my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeX1XXQNi-Q

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

apercy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:39
The only music that comes to my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeX1XXQNi-Q
In such instances there's another piece I like to listen to, btw it's from Brasil and it's f***ing good.
Don't let desaturated voxels make you feel down. Run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmMcyUBinIk
;)

InitialD

by InitialD » Post

trainyard
communal cobble storage
public farm
small flying base
large build
from distance
museum
circle templates

duane

by duane » Post

voxelproof wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:25
(Thanks to Duane my screenshots, by contrast, shine brighter xD )
Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.

----------------------------------------

Attachments
screenshot_20201129_062814.jpg
screenshot_20201129_062814.jpg (149.58 KiB) Viewed 1188 times

SB66

by SB66 » Post

duane wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 01:19
SB66 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 20:44
Oooo. I like that.

Glad you like it.......

But this building in savannah biome, with water life mod is a damned snake pit
These creepers are really scary

duane wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 01:19
----------------------------

are there scopions in the cave ?

--------------------------------
OSS:

snake pit.........
Attachments
screenshot_20201213_143616.jpg
screenshot_20201213_143616.jpg (48.55 KiB) Viewed 1316 times

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Unique Mobs. Uses logic from villagers mod to texture mob at spawntime. Now to fit them into a biome specific scheme. Nothing new. Just coolness.

Attachments
screenshot_20201214_091519.jpg
screenshot_20201214_091519.jpg (159.02 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
screenshot_20201212_141003.jpg
screenshot_20201212_141003.jpg (184.29 KiB) Viewed 1316 times

u34

by u34 » Post

ShadMOrdre wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 23:40
Unique Mobs. Uses logic from villagers mod to texture mob at spawntime. Now to fit them into a biome specific scheme. Nothing new. Just coolness.
Where can I download this awesome Mobs-mod?
Keep up the good work.

cHyper

duane

by duane » Post

SB66 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 21:51
are there scopions in the cave ?
Not many. The spiders killed most of them.

---------------------------------

Attachments
screenshot_20201210_212809.jpg
screenshot_20201210_212809.jpg (258.25 KiB) Viewed 1241 times

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post